Quantcast

BBW Confessions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I confess that I sleep with a teddy bear just to have something to hug. Yes, I'm 32 yrs old and get my affection from a stuffed animal.
I'm not ashamed to say that since my divorce, I keep piles of folded clean laundry, and books on one side of my bed, with pillows, so I don't feel like I'm alone.

I also sleep with a stuffed lamb and I'm older than you.

Marlayna

I confess that I sleep with a teddy bear just to have something to hug. Yes, I'm 32 yrs old and get my affection from a stuffed animal.
Sometimes I need to hug something in bed, it helps me sleep. My husband is there, but I don't want to wake him.
There's nothing weird about teddy bear affection at any age, it's like hugging a pillow, but it's got a face and a name.;)

mermaid8

mermaid
Sometimes I need to hug something in bed, it helps me sleep. My husband is there, but I don't want to wake him.
There's nothing weird about teddy bear affection at any age, it's like hugging a pillow, but it's got a face and a name.;)
It wasn't easy to admit, so thank you for not judging me.

Fat Molly

hufflepuff hobbit
Yeah, even me and my primary cuddle stuffed pigs. and we're together and sleep in the same bed and everything. stuffed things are great to hug.

i'm so sorry you feel so lonely. so sorry.

Puddles

IC that the past two years with my abusive "so called family" has changed the person I used to be, and I mourn for the person I was. :(

Deacone

For Azeroth!
Lol I like the fact you care about waking your husband. I just wake mine up and say "HUG MEEE" and he does. I give no fucks about waking him up ;)

Oh Puddles <3 bless you.

Mermaid - If my husband isn't with me I sleep with pillows and I do have my stuffed dog toy called Doggy (yah I know, super brilliant naming) which I have had since my first Christmas - and he has travelled everywhere with me. Even now. I cuddle him when I've had bad dreams too - so don't feel ashamed. We all have a comforting thing, if it happens to be a stuffed toy then fuck it, who cares! :)

KimmyCrush

I sleep with a bear too! I'm single and can't be with the person I want to be with so I sleep with a bear but I miss cuddling and some days it's a struggle.

mermaid8

mermaid
Lol I like the fact you care about waking your husband. I just wake mine up and say "HUG MEEE" and he does. I give no fucks about waking him up ;)

Oh Puddles <3 bless you.

Mermaid - If my husband isn't with me I sleep with pillows and I do have my stuffed dog toy called Doggy (yah I know, super brilliant naming) which I have had since my first Christmas - and he has travelled everywhere with me. Even now. I cuddle him when I've had bad dreams too - so don't feel ashamed. We all have a comforting thing, if it happens to be a stuffed toy then fuck it, who cares! :)
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who need a stuffed toy or another object to hug while sleeping. I wish it wasn't the case that I needed my teddy bear ( I expected to be married by now) but at least I know I'm not alone.

1love_emily

COLLEGE
I want to talk to my ex. I haven't wanted to since we broke up Feb 2012. But I really want to see how he's doing... and maybe rub my success in his face. Is that terrible?

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I want to talk to my ex. I haven't wanted to since we broke up Feb 2012. But I really want to see how he's doing... and maybe rub my success in his face. Is that terrible?
That isn't terrible at all, it is quite natural. I admit that I didn't block my ex on facebook for a few months because I knew that eventually he would come crawling back to me, apologising and telling me how right I was about everything. Which he did.

Though to be honest, I found it far less satisfying when it actually happened than I thought I would. So perhaps that will be the case if you contact your ex?

Saoirse

I remember a few years ago, I sent my ex a message on FB, just saying hello and asking how his family was doing. We were together for a little over 2 years and I really liked his family, so I thought it seemed pretty innocent. He immediately went into the whole "We're over, I dont want to be with you, blah blah blah" I was like dude, we broke up like 6 fucking years ago. I DONT WANT YOU EITHER (especially since after we split he realized he loved booze and he got all bloated and red-faced and icky looking lol)

Then last year, we bumped into eachother at a Halloween event. He showed up with a mutual friend, and I spent a lot of the night talking to that friend, but my ex wouldnt even come near me! LOL! And then he started chatting with the (male) friend I was there with! When we were leaving, I grabbed my friend and asked him what they were talking about and he just chuckled -"You!"

I dont remember what he said, but it was nothing terrible. I think it was something along the lines of "So, you're banging my ex-girlfriend!" lol

archivaltype

shake n bake
IC that I've gone and gotten my priorities jacked up. Not that they've ever been right in the first place, but this was the first time in a long time I *thought* they were at least semi in the maybe sort of right place.
Long story long: I met a boy who I really liked online (LoL for you gamer peeps) and we hit it off immediately, not romantically at all, just like bros. He was funny, I was funny, and hell we are pretty hilarious together. Things got progressively more romantic and finally we agreed to meet up (there is considerable distance between us, LA and OH :( ) so we did and holy oh my god. I felt like that was it; I knew for certain in the moment that I first saw him that I was in head over heels love. Things went hard and fast, exactly the way we both wanted them too but also the way they should not have gone. I think we needed to take more time to get to know each other better, especially in retrospect, but hindsight's 20/20 right? Anyway, he came up a few weeks ago to meet my family and things were just like the first time we met. Sparks flutters blah blah blah. A few days after he left I got this feeling in the pit of my stomach like something was just...wrong. Of course it was, and we had a horrible 5am discussion where we were both falling asleep and I kind of fell apart a litt...lot a bit. The next day we didn't really talk about it, or the next, or the next...I was so sick to my stomach I could have just crawled into a ball and died. From the beginning he was always the one who was the "future talker" and the "I love you" sayer...I don't say nor talk about these things until I am absolutely sure, and when, like I said, I saw him for that first time, my deal was signed. So I called him before work the other day and we talked for a long time about us and our future and he's a lost soul who doesn't know what he wants to do with his life and I'm finally getting my own shit back together and I felt like I am at a place where I can help and support him, but for now we have decided that it's best to put our relationship on the backburner. Adjust our priorities. Which is good, I can't deny that. It just...I love him, and I really don't want to lose him, but if I do...I do, I guess. Another lesson learned. It still sucks giant monkey fruit balls.
Part of me just wants to be totally done. Just a little bitty part, but it's still there. Just tell him that I can't wait and I can't be just friends and it's now or never because honestly that's easier than semi awkward phone conversations and depressing sex dreams...but... I feel like, deep down, if I don't at least try and figure this out, I will regret it for the rest of my life. So for now...we are friends, awkward friends, but friends, still learning about each other and forgiving and growing up.
IC that sometimes...I really just want things to be easy, like in movies, ok? Is that really so much to ask?? :<
tl;dr I don't know if this makes any sense it's late and I'm drained in every since of the wordssssss

Last edited:

Puddles

IC, that I'm not liking my counselor, and I'm having a really hard time dealing with this PTSD thing. I feel like I'm all alone in this, when I know that I'm not, but I can't seem to change the way I feel. :huh:

mermaid8

mermaid
I confess that I feel lost and confused like I'm wandering aimlessly through my life. I feel directionless which if you knew me in real life would shock you. I've always been the woman with a direction and plan and now I'm just so utterly lost. I'm too ashamed to share any of this with anyone in life especially my judgemental family.

I also confess that I hadn't had a real hug ( the kind that make you feel comforted) in seven months. This has caused me ( a 32 yr old woman) to start sleeping with a stuffed bear for comfort otherwise I would wind up either candy all night until I fell asleep. P.S. - I never slept with a stuffed toy or anything as a kid.

mermaid8

mermaid
I'm in such an emotional place. I just wish I had emotional support in my life. People are always abandoning me when things get tough. I'm tired of being the only one to support myself when life gets tough.

Latest posts