Chubby Chasers versus the Fat Admirer

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I use the terms interchangeably.. I use FA more when I'm talking to people in the community and chubby chaser when I'm talking to non-community people because most people non-comm people haven't heard FA before.

idontspeakespn

Rabble-rousing since 1982
As you may have read… I'm sure this is been brought up before but it begs asking again. What differentiates the two?
I absolutely hate the phrase Chubby chaser...it makes me think of some swarmy ambulance chasing lawyer.

He's just laying ground until some unfortunate BBW strolls by looking sad and helpless and in need of a self-esteem boost, and said swarmy guy goes slinking after her hoping to cash in on her hour of lonliness.

Fat admirer sounds much simpler, straight-forward, no sliminess about it.

kioewen

IMO both terms are degrading, though the first is even more repulsive.

bettylulu

I think I prefer being labelled as a chubby chaser, fat admirer sounds a bit like an art aficionado
LMAO Like black turtlenecks and tweed jackets with leather elbow patches are involved.

I agree with thatgirl08. For me, it's just different words for the same thing- people who prefer bbws/bhm for romantic partners over their thinner counterparts.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
I absolutely hate the phrase Chubby chaser...it makes me think of some swarmy ambulance chasing lawyer.

He's just laying ground until some unfortunate BBW strolls by looking sad and helpless and in need of a self-esteem boost, and said swarmy guy goes slinking after her hoping to cash in on her hour of lonliness.

I started getting a bad feeling about "Chubby Chaser" a while back. It started conjuring up thoughts of someone going "hoggin'". FA does work better for me though it sounds like I limit my attractions.

Fat Brian

retarded disfigured clown
fat admirer sounds a bit like an art aficionado
Is there anything wrong with thinking large bodies are akin to fine works of art ?

For me I'm not a fan of either term. I use FA here for expediency and clarity but I don't use it outside of the community. If the subject comes up in real life I just say I like fat women, I don't label it, it just is. If the discussion gets in depth enough to go into SA and community aspects I will break out the terminology but that rarely happens.

squurp

I believe you mean Smarmy.

LeoGibson

Happy
I'm not trying to give a flippant answer, but I really don't use either term. I just choose not to explain myself to anyone whose opinion I neither respect nor care about. If it even comes up I simply say that's what I like, you got a problem with that?I tend to be fairly direct. After a few seconds of coughing and stammering I usually get a no, nothing wrong with that and the topic moves on.

idontspeakespn

Rabble-rousing since 1982
I believe you mean Smarmy.
Yes, that indeed was the most important bit of the message I posted...thank you, Captain Spell Checker :p

But, actually...now that you mention it...I've always heard it said S-W-A-R-M-Y from friends and family...

You're sure its smarmy?

*goes to check urban dictionary*

A ha! Victory!

Urban dictionary: Swarmy

a sleazy, sneaky, sweaty, unscrupulous person.
He was so swarmy that she wanted to take a bath after meeting him.

Yep, I was thinking of the right word. Although smarmy is a good word too.

bigmac

I've always thought of chubby chasers as non-size acceptance community guys who like larger women. Since there are usually few or no really large women at mainstream venues chubby chasers usually end up with smaller BBWs.

Fat admirers would thus be chubby chasers who have discovered the size acceptance world.

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
I see the term chbby chaser as nothing but a term for those seeking out their fetish.

An FA however... That more general. But less creepy to me.

mithrandirjn

I think the "chaser" part of chubby chaser almost implies a comical scene of a person desperately seeking out some sort of fetish. FA is alright, though speaking for myself I'm not a fan of using it. I know just reading it, it should mean "a person who can admire big bodies", but too often it reads as somebody who ONLY admires big bodies.

Honestly, though, the differences between them can be highly subjective, so much of what they mean comes from how each individual reacts to the terms.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
For me I'm not a fan of either term. I use FA here for expediency and clarity but I don't use it outside of the community. If the subject comes up in real life I just say I like fat women, I don't label it, it just is.
Well said, Brian. I too agree on the use of FA and even SSBBW. Outside of this group they just sound stupid to me. If the topic of what I like comes up in the company of friends or family I resort to "big girls" or "bigger girls". They are tried-and-true and can't be construed as negative terms. However, as derogatory as the term may be, I will say "fat girls" with a big grin!

Jon Blaze

Dusk
https://www.facebook.com/drunkentempest, M
There really isn't one set definition that differs them from one another. Some believe the difference is knowing the community versus not, Orientation (Chubby Chaser at times has an association with the gay community), Fetish vs non, etc...

I just use them interchangeably, but like many others, I do not use either terms outside of the internet. People don't understand it in general: Much less an added confusing label. That being said, I've been asked if I'm a "Chubby Chaser" before, and of course not an FA since it's less prevalent.

Azrael

I Usually use the term chubby chaser when talking to people outside of the community and FA in the community.

That being said, I've also heard the term chubby chaser refer to a gay guy who is attracted to fat men so *shrug*.

Labels are labels eitherway, the only real reason to use them is to help simplify the complex.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
I think I prefer being labelled as a chubby chaser, fat admirer sounds a bit like an art aficionado
Lastminute.Tom : nothing wrong with being a "connaisseur" a lovely curvaceous BBW is like a fine work of art....:happy:

There really isn't one set definition that differs them from one another. Some believe the difference is knowing the community versus not, Orientation (Chubby Chaser at times has an association with the gay community), Fetish vs non, etc...

I just use them interchangeably, but like many others, I do not use either terms outside of the internet. People don't understand it in general: Much less an added confusing label. That being said, I've been asked if I'm a "Chubby Chaser" before, and of course not an FA since it's less prevalent.
I Usually use the term chubby chaser when talking to people outside of the community and FA in the community.

That being said, I've also heard the term chubby chaser refer to a gay guy who is attracted to fat men so *shrug*.

Labels are labels eitherway, the only real reason to use them is to help simplify the complex.
Jon and Azrael: I think both explanations are on the money- I guess a good deal depends which geographic area one is in;but, that is how I've seen the term defined here...

Totmacher

I despise the term, "chubby chaser". Until recently I'd only heard/read it used when referring to gay men. It still carries all the emotional baggage of downloading the wrong vids decades ago over my 2400 baud modem. Beyond that it just sounds kitschy and - after reading this thread - more than a little desperate.
F.A. is an awkward term, but at least it doesn't run as much risk of associating you with a John Waters movie or forgettable recent sitcoms. There's very little subtext to get you in trouble and someone might just mistake you for having an advanced degree. I hardly ever use the term myself. If someone asks I just say I like fat chicks.

Latest posts

Group builder