Chubby Chasers versus the Fat Admirer

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I don't like either but FA as part of the lingo here is more neutral IMO. It's just labels. The person is what matters although if a man approached me referring to himself as a chubby chaser I think I'd reflexively walk away from him. LOL

GlassDaemon

I like the term chubby chaser cause I think it's adorable, but I know it has a negative connotation to it so I don't use it. If I could have my way I'd remove the negativity around it and use it publicly.

FA I straight up hate, I think the term is... weird, if not stupid, as someone else mentioned and I have to agree. It sounds formal to a degree that I'd use with my father and I'm not very close to my father.

Lastminute.Tom

Write on!
Is there anything wrong with thinking large bodies are akin to fine works of art ?
Lastminute.Tom : nothing wrong with being a "connaisseur" a lovely curvaceous BBW is like a fine work of art....:happy:
Don't get me wrong I think each persons body is a beautiful work of ordered chaos, I just feel a bit pretentious calling myself an Fat Admirer and I don't want people to find out that I am right away :D

the other imagery that comes to my mind when I use it is like a medical fetish, I can live with the acronym but when I have to explain what it means I feel a bit embarrassed

in fairness chubby chaser brings forth Benny Hill in the Italian Job...

I did however used to live half an hours walk from Benny Hill Close apparently he used to have a milk round there :D

Cors

Delurking
I prefer the term chubby chaser because it is self-explanatory. It doesn't have the same negative connotations for me if only because it is a fairly well-known and neutral term in the gay community.

DanKiiDoLL

I don't know, I don't consider them the same I guess. To me a chubby chaser is a man trying to get his hands on the nearest thing with rolls for a night of fun. A FA to me is a guy who is truly into big women and pursues them in a normal manner, dates them, etc. But that's just my opinion, I think a lot of terms in the bbw community are subject to opinion.

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
Not only do I think the term Chubby Chaser is much more easily recognized than FA, I think it's some what more apt (as in people understand the term more easily when they first hear it.)

I also tend to think that a Chubby Chasers prefer women my size (or smaller)- whilst FAs prefer bigger women. It is something that has gotten into my head here at Dimensions. I have started to think of them as two entirely different entities.

J34

Purple Monkey Dishwasher!
Chubby Chasers sounds counter intuitive am I wrong? Why would I be chasing larger ladies? Also if I am chasing them, does that mean I am a creep or something and they are trying to get away?

FA sounds a bit better. Also I like the fact that it sounds a bit artistic, as I am.

Blockierer

FAntastic
This topic reminds me on the movie Robocop versus Terminator.
Who or what is stronger?
:bow:

tjw1971

To be honest, I just find the women attractive that I find attractive. My tendencies lean towards preferring bigger, thicker, heavier gals. I like curves ... exaggerated curves, even. But that said, I also have a thing for muscular gals, who tend to be heavier for their size than average, yet don't necessarily look very big. I also find the occasional slender gal very attractive/sexy. I think terms like "FA" are really just made up so people sharing the similar (but rather "taboo" in the general public) preference have a way to label themselves, to feel like they all belong to some sort of community.

"Chubby chaser" comes across as rather negative, in my opinion. Not saying everyone uses the term in that manner -- especially among like-minded friends. But overall, as others said, it has connotations of being a guy who hits on fat women with the idea they'll be easier to get in the sack, thanks to having a lower self-esteem and less "competition" of other guys vying to hook up with them. (Ironically, if there's any truth behind that "logic", I've found it's probably offset by a tendency for bigger gals to be more intelligent and less gullible than their slender counterparts. Let's face it. If you're a slender stereotype of what society dictates is "super attractive", you have less motivation to use your brain. More people will hand you things such as good-paying jobs, based solely on your looks, etc.)

Is there anything wrong with thinking large bodies are akin to fine works of art ?

For me I'm not a fan of either term. I use FA here for expediency and clarity but I don't use it outside of the community. If the subject comes up in real life I just say I like fat women, I don't label it, it just is. If the discussion gets in depth enough to go into SA and community aspects I will break out the terminology but that rarely happens.

Lamia

Like OMG!!
Yes, that indeed was the most important bit of the message I posted...thank you, Captain Spell Checker :p

But, actually...now that you mention it...I've always heard it said S-W-A-R-M-Y from friends and family...

You're sure its smarmy?

*goes to check urban dictionary*

A ha! Victory!

Urban dictionary: Swarmy

a sleazy, sneaky, sweaty, unscrupulous person.
He was so swarmy that she wanted to take a bath after meeting him.

Yep, I was thinking of the right word. Although smarmy is a good word too.
I believe what you have there is an unholy union of the word smarmy and swarthy. lol

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
I absolutely hate the phrase Chubby chaser...it makes me think of some swarmy ambulance chasing lawyer.

He's just laying ground until some unfortunate BBW strolls by looking sad and helpless and in need of a self-esteem boost, and said swarmy guy goes slinking after her hoping to cash in on her hour of lonliness.

Fat admirer sounds much simpler, straight-forward, no sliminess about it.
Bees "swarm". Lawyers "smarm".

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
Yes, that indeed was the most important bit of the message I posted...thank you, Captain Spell Checker :p

But, actually...now that you mention it...I've always heard it said S-W-A-R-M-Y from friends and family...

You're sure its smarmy?

*goes to check urban dictionary*

A ha! Victory!

Urban dictionary: Swarmy

a sleazy, sneaky, sweaty, unscrupulous person.
He was so swarmy that she wanted to take a bath after meeting him.

Yep, I was thinking of the right word. Although smarmy is a good word too.
This would be one of those instances where USA and UK are divided by the same language.

(i.e. swarmy doesn't have that meaning over here.)

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
I think this may be a case where the insularity of the community may be causing a lack of perspective, on the part of the apologists for these phrases.

To the outside world, "chubby chaser" is used to describe someone who is basically viewed as a fetishist and pervert. Anyone using it in the mainstream is very much using it as a slur.

There is no reclaiming this disgusting phrase, even if one would want to.
Not in the UK. To the majority it just means a bloke who fancies fat girls.

And the majority is likewise unaware of it's use by the gay "bear" scene.

ManBeef

I'm a certified chubby chaser. Don't get me wrong I looooove thin tiny lil ladies too... But chubbies just get me all worked up. Here in L.A. the gay community uses chubby chaser too. So it can be an issue.

curt

Idontspeakespn --the Urban Dictionary is NOT a real dictionary. Seriously. Just sayin'.

Latest posts