• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Consumed by Size Acceptance (Dimmers vs. Non-Dimmers)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverdriveAddict

So I was thinking a bit the other day and I've sort of hit a snag in my mental plundering regarding bigger girls and how they define themselves. I'm going to try and word this as carefully as possible, but I'm not making any promises.

Do I like girls with more meat on their bones? Absolutely. But here's my hangup. I find it somewhat off-putting that people can become so caught up with size acceptance that it can become a major part of their personality. I completely understand and support the notion of everyone being comfortable in their own skin. What I'm trying to look at here is when it becomes dominant part of one's life.

Now, let me sort of clarify things. Obviously, this is a board focused on size related issues. Since the vast majority of topics discussed here deal with "fatness," it's quite possible that not every side of an individual/poster shows through. Additionally, everyone on here is first and foremost, a person. Everyone has their own redeeming qualities (personality, humor, wit, etc. etc.) that are in no way associated with issues of size. I recognize this...so this is not my attempt at saying "everyone here is obsessed with size acceptance!!!1!"

Additionally, I respect that some may view it as their passion and goal to throw themselves 110% into being advocates for issues surrounding size acceptance. To those people, I respect your dedication to what you believe in and more power to ya.

So, back on track, I hope. I think what sparked this whole thought process in my head is comparing and contrasting what goes on in these forums versus what goes on in my daily life. Hypothetically, if Dims was my real life, I think I would go insane. Sure it's great to come to a place where you can talk about these issues, get feedback, network...whatever. But to be completely inundated with this constantly would be too much...which kind of got me thinking...what about those completely non-involved and/or oblivious to size acceptance?

Problem is, I've never met a bigger girl comfortable with her curves who wasn't involved in size acceptance in one form or another. Perhaps this speaks to the "need" for places like Dimensions. However, I would really, reeeeeeaalllllllly like to think that girls could just be bigger, fine with it, confident or what-have-you, without an entire size acceptance community behind them. Perhaps I haven't met them yet, and I hope that's the case.

Unfortunately, it seems as if people fall into one of two categories: those who have come across the size acceptance movement and those who haven't (dimmers and non-dimmers). Dimmers are great and so is the whole size acceptance thing. However, it irritates me to no end that all sorts of labels are thrown around like "BBW" and "FA." Are guys who are typically attracted to blondes referred to as BA's? No. So I find it kind of odd that a community based on acceptance has this self-imposed terminology that denigrates individuals by reducing them to such limited categories. Oftentimes, I wish I never even knew such lingo.

I've noted that some have noted on here that they will only date true, "out" FAs. Personally, I'm attracted to women of all different sizes and sense of style, personal tastes, etc. tend to factor in a lot more than their "bbw" status. The women I'm attracted to just tend to be bigger than what's on billboards. Does that make me an FA? I don't think so, and I refuse to refer to myself as one. To me, referring to oneself as a "fat admirer" is no more shallow than saying you're a "boob guy" or an "ass man." It's just boiling down physical attraction to a single physical characteristic of that person...

...SO, this has gone in circles. Basically, I think what I'm trying to ask is can size acceptance exist outside of the vacuum of the size acceptance "movement?" Has society been so hypnotized by the media's portrayal of what is and is not attractive that a distinct sub-culture is needed for anyone to come to understand that bigger can be beautiful?

Or can people come to terms with being fat and accepting that others view it as sexy without intravenous means?

Long, rambling, and nonsensical...that's how I roll I guess...

Latest posts

Back