Delicious Christmas Bakery!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I've only made fudge using the old family recipe. Waiting for it to boil long enough to reach the 'soft ball' stage and then beating it until your arm is about to fall off -- but it makes such_good_fudge. My wife isn't a fudge fan so I seldom go through all the effort, but maybe this year, without a lot else to do, I'll make some.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
I've only made fudge using the old family recipe. Waiting for it to boil long enough to reach the 'soft ball' stage and then beating it until your arm is about to fall off -- but it makes such_good_fudge. My wife isn't a fudge fan so I seldom go through all the effort, but maybe this year, without a lot else to do, I'll make some.
I avoid recipes where I have to do something until my arm is about to fall off or where I have to wait for ages for the dough (yeast, or those for hours in the fridge). If the recipe needs much time in a fridge and cannot deal with 30 min in the freezer, I won't do it.
Laziness or efficiency?

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I avoid recipes where I have to do something until my arm is about to fall off or where I have to wait for ages for the dough (yeast, or those for hours in the fridge). If the recipe needs much time in a fridge and cannot deal with 30 min in the freezer, I won't do it.
Laziness or efficiency?
Which makes a lot of sense when you do a lot of baking. But when you do something very seldom and want a sense of occasion about it, then those things make it more memorable :)

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Which makes a lot of sense when you do a lot of baking. But when you do something very seldom and want a sense of occasion about it, then those things make it more memorable :)
I see... I have some recipes (cooking not baking) that take 4-5 hours to prepare and the food to be eaten within 10 min. Doing it twice a year only though.
I was busy with these all Monday:
20201223_161554.jpg
(many more than on the pic, of course. Think big! lol)

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I made my white chocolate praline fudge, but it didn't set. Still very soft, I believe I didn't use enough white chocolate.

luckyfa

My wife started baking christmas cookies as well. Last year she gained about 12 lbs in 6 weeks from december 1st to mid-january which proves that she loves her christmas cookies.

Orchid

Added sherry to the fruitcake, shaky hand, forgot the spoon so next week skip adding to it. Omg.