"Fat Father Syndrome"

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by tankyguy, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Sep 5, 2013 #21

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I think people like nice simple explanations for things, and something so obvious which is no doubt sometimes true in part makes for a convenient explanation for anyone who doesn't want to deal with the tangle that is actual human sexuality.

2. Sep 5, 2013 #22

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Staff Member Library Mod

As with most behavioural things, there is no such thing as the absolute truth - there are only patterns and tendencies.

And there is a proven trend that about 2/3 of all children follow the pattern their parents set them. That would mean a significant proportion of women, not all, who have a physically big father might subconsciously look for that trait in their partners too.

There are intervening variables though - some children consciously look for the exact opposite of what their parents set as an example, for all sorts of reasons: Plain protest or harmful or perceived as such consequences or parental behavior being the most common ones.

A larger portion of the 'deviators' though is steered away from the parental role model because of simply strongly diverging external factors: Very different circumstances and opportunities in life, either much higher or lower educational and social strata, etc.

Bottom line - if you as a BHM see a woman you're interested in with her father and he's a BHM too, then your chances are statistically 2:1 that she'll be more open to your size than not.

3. Sep 6, 2013 #23

tankyguy

tankyguy

tankyguy

Because I'm totally going to hit on someone when their father is there...
    :p

4. Sep 6, 2013 #24

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!

Why not? The only way it'd be a problem would be if you're really shit at it.

Also, I love Agouderia's posts. They're always so well thought out.

agouderia likes this.
  5. Sep 6, 2013 #25

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home In Remembrance

My dad has been, for most of his life what people call 'husky' or heavy, solid and fit because he had jobs that required a lot of physical labor. My mom was a BBW and much of our extended family were all big people, so upon entering the world, my viewpoint was that everyone was fat. Fat was normal. Thin was the anomaly. I also thought everyone loved me and in fact, on the same day both delusions were shattered and my childhood was over. Still, my softest warmest memories with my dad, the images are; big, warm, enveloping, safe, secure, able to pick me up and hold me. These are all things that to this day are ways I describe my ideal man.

If there were a room full of big, husky, or beefy guys and thin angular guys, I'm going to look at the big guys first. However, that's just where my eye wanders. How someone treats me, how well-adjusted he is, etc., is more important than anything. I've said this in other threads but in my personal experience with BHM, they either ignore me or am outright hostile so I've stopped approaching them or flirting with them. Men here give the same reasons why BBW give, so I won't rehash it. Ex-spouse was average weight. Most men I've dated were average weight. I've never been intimate with a BHM but have had some romantic encounters that I'd hoped would pan and hadn't. I still like fat boys even if I haven't found one that likes me just as much.

This thread has made me sad but not because of anything posted here. More reminiscing and regret on my part that things just didn't work out with some wonderful men.

6. Sep 6, 2013 #26

Paquito

Paquito

Paquito

don't July to me

Well you could flirt with someone and their father. Doubles your chances of success.

7. Sep 6, 2013 #27

Amaranthine

Amaranthine

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Anime/manga may be terrible for BHMs (which personally doesn't faze me, because I never cared for cartoon/drawn fat guys,) BUT...it's absolutely wonderful for bishonen. Lovely, lovely androgyny :wubu:

That's really unfortunate :( I wonder if it's related to their BHMness - long engrained insecurity or something. Even so, that's pretty awful luck.

Also makes for the most interesting threesomes!

8. Sep 6, 2013 #28

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Staff Member Library Mod

Yes indeed - world literature, history and movies are full of these stories! Some of them actually the hottest and most spicy you can find!

Although I'm not quite sure whether that was the essence of my original post....;)

9. Sep 6, 2013 #29

tankyguy

tankyguy

tankyguy

I regret that I cannon sparkle for you. So inadequate...
    *broods and walks away with jacket over shoulder while sad music plays*