"Fat Father Syndrome"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
he's correct in as much as that we generally tend to get fatter. And fatter.

I mean, I think, as you get older, you'd actually at some point have to make a conscious decision just in order to stop getting fatter & fatter.

As far as ladies, from what I've seen in my own personal experience, I was at minimum markedly both bigger & fatter than all of the dads-of I've had the chance to formally meet. So, typically, I'd like to think that they'd reminded her of me?

Paquito

don't July to me
I am definitely not trying to fuck my Dad. Hot dads, however, are totally game.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Nope! My dad wasn't skinny but neither was he big. An average sized, moderately athletic man. How typical!

tankyguy

I am definitely not trying to fuck my Dad.
Well, it's not that. It's the idea that for a lot of people, their father is the first model for their idea of men/masculinity and, in the case of women, on a subconscious level, compare the men in their lives to him as a standard.

~KawaiiFFA~

World Wide Web Warrior
I've heard this theory before and it's bunk, at least for me. My dad is extremely athletic. (Also an asshole, so I don't want anyone like him.)

Though there was a brief period in my childhood where he developed a pot belly and me and my brother used to slap it and say we were playing "the belly drums." I doubt that has anything to do with my attractions...at least I hope? Bleh, I'm gonna stop thinking about this now. :blink:

(As a side note, my brother is also an FA, and my uncle goes to BBW events and stuff, so I'm pretty positive it's somewhat genetic.)

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I've heard this theory before and it's bunk, at least for me. My dad is extremely athletic. (Also an asshole, so I don't want anyone like him.)

Though there was a brief period in my childhood where he developed a pot belly and me and my brother used to slap it and say we were playing "the belly drums." I doubt that has anything to do with my attractions...at least I hope? Bleh, I'm gonna stop thinking about this now. :blink:

(As a side note, my brother is also an FA, and my uncle goes to BBW events and stuff, so I'm pretty positive it's somewhat genetic.)
Please don't ever slap my stomach and run away giggling "BELLY DRUMS!!!"

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Well...

...I can admit that I seem to end up dating men who are kind of similar to my father, personality-wise. I certainly don't do this on purpose, it just kind of happens. However none of them have been similar to my father in terms of appearance.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
My Dad's a fat guy, more so as he's gotten older, but he's always had a big belly since I can remember. He's still one of the nicest looking men I know, so there's that too I guess. And he's blue collar.

Those are normally factors I search out as well. Who knows, eh?

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
I've had someone send me this video before, after asking a few times what my Dad looks like.

My dad's always been in good shape/athletic. In fact, he's actually pretty derogatory towards fat people ...which of course works out splendidly for me.

As for personality...I'm actually pretty similar to my dad, and I don't think I tend towards guys who are really like him. Time to over-analyze this in my head instead of actually doing something productive!

The Dark Lady

Got some dark desire?
I've had someone send me this video before, after asking a few times what my Dad looks like.

My dad's always been in good shape/athletic. In fact, he's actually pretty derogatory towards fat people ...which of course works out splendidly for me.

As for personality...I'm actually pretty similar to my dad, and I don't think I tend towards guys who are really like him. Time to over-analyze this in my head instead of actually doing something productive!
Every time I don't feel like articulating a complete response to something, you almost always come along and scare the crap out of me by posting my exact thoughts in almost precisely the same words I would've chosen. It's as unsettling as it is convenient, yay!

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I don't think I look for men because my dad was fat, I look for men who have his traits. My dad taught me lots of stuff, having worked in the corporate world it's hard to find a man that does the things he did/taught me. I was lucky to learn carpentry, auto-mechanical work, welding, masonry, and general Mexican-ness. I don't care if the guy is fat or not, but he better be handy as fuck.

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
Every time I don't feel like articulating a complete response to something, you almost always come along and scare the crap out of me by posting my exact thoughts in almost precisely the same words I would've chosen. It's as unsettling as it is convenient, yay!
Kiss her!!![/drunk asshole across the street]

Archetypus

Kiss her!!![/drunk asshole across the street]

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
I'm claiming the combination of unsettling and convenient, and will use it whenever asked to describe myself. That being said...I'm not sure I can take the pressure of reading your mind every time I go to post. I can only disappoint from here D:

Kiss him!!![/entirely sober, but a total perv]

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I'm claiming the combination of unsettling and convenient, and will use it whenever asked to describe myself. That being said...I'm not sure I can take the pressure of reading your mind every time I go to post. I can only disappoint from here D:

Kiss him!!![/entirely sober, but a total perv]
Kiss me!!! [/entirely sober and not wearing pants, but is wearing socks.]