I Am Struggling With Depression

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by Scorsese86, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Jun 21, 2019 #1361

lille

lille

lille

I have had one terrible therapist. A not very good though very friendly psychiatrist. A ok therapist that I didn’t click with. And now I have an amazing kink friendly therapist that I adore and can be totally open and honest with. She’s phenomenal and I’ve made huge progress working with her. Good therapists are out there, I forgot can take some trial and error.

Adamantoise and loopytheone like this.
  2. Jun 21, 2019 #1362

Sonic Purity

Sonic Purity

Sonic Purity

Dimensions Eyeore

Offline research (my mother looking through paper maps etc. from 1992) was required, hence the delay in my response.

In terms of the ancestors, there is no clear information, despite the existence of a book entitled Kratz Family History from 1982, enumerating the lineage from the arrival of one John Valentine Kratz on the North American continent “in 1727 when he was 20 years old”. It mentions the ship upon which he traveled, his making the move due to “religious persecution”, and much more. Once he gets to Pennsylvania, there’s tons of details. All it says about him in Germany is:

“John Valentine Kratz was born 1707 in the Palatinate, a province of Germany, bordering on the east side of the Rhine.”

Then it goes into a footnote about some thinking that he was born in Switzerland then traveled to this region of Germany before heading to North America. His father John Philip Kratz is only listed as “born in Germany”… rather vague.

Now if you’re asking about where i visited in 1992, near-delirious with the flu i thought was a cold, the only cities in which my mother remembers us stopping were Mannheim and Heidelberg. I do remember walking all over Heidelberg, and little else. I don’t remember Mannheim distinctly at all.

Either of these cities anywhere near you?

3. Jun 21, 2019 #1363

Sonic Purity

Sonic Purity

Sonic Purity

Dimensions Eyeore

Thank you for adding this. I was beginning to feel quite terrible about my failings finding a therapist this time around, given the time, energy, and money it takes to a) locate them, b) set up the initial appointment (if one gets that far), c) go through the initial appointment. Feeling shame for even being alive in the first place, then shame taking up some therapist’s time which might be better utilized helping a more worthy person, make the search process difficult enough to begin with.

Then there was the time in the pre-popular-Internet part of the 1990s when i was suicidal (ideation. No means whatsoever, nor even a half-baked plan at that point) and called a suicide prevention hotline… and the person did not take me seriously(!!!!!). No, it was not a wrong number; i verified. Bad experience; first and last time i have or will deal with a suicide prevention hotline, or most other hotlines.

4. Jun 21, 2019 #1364

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

I went to college in Mannheim and visited Heidelberg two weeks ago. What a small world!
    But back to your original post: I sincerely hope you'll find a good therapist. Everyone who is strong enough to admit it to themselves that they need one deserve one.