In a perfect utopia, how big would you be?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

jakemcduck

If it's Utopia, then big enough so I can stand in a doorway and my butt is against one side of the doorjamb and my belly is against the other side.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I suppose that this post "sort of" belongs here. I went to see my doctor today for my three-monthly review. A nurse took all of the routine measurements such as blood pressure, oxygen level and weight. The scales showed that I was a little over 161 kg (or 355 lb or well over 25 stone). Then the doctor came to talk about my health and medication. Finally, he said, "And next time I see you, we'll start to deal with your weight, because you have grown rather a lot." I thought, "Bring it on!" If this is Utopia, then I'm going to carry on growing.

Last edited:

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
If it's Utopia, then big enough so I can stand in a doorway and my butt is against one side of the doorjamb and my belly is against the other side.
I have that issue now, getting into (and out of) the shower stall in the morning; I have to gently squeeze through so that my body, front and back, scraping both sides of the opening doesn't knock the door off its track.

Last edited:

Shotha

DM Supporter
I have that issue now, getting into (and out of) the shower stall in the morning; I have to gently squeeze through so that my body, front and back, scraping both sides of the opening doesn't knock the door off its track.
If the truth be told, that is the sort of size that I would like to be... and then a little bit more... and a little bit more...

landshark

Happy to be part of Dims!
If I could I would love to gain weight and expand as big as possible if I eat a ton of food--and go back down or back up or change my proportions based on however I'm feeling. Basically shape-shifting and rubber powers lol.
I love it! It’s sounds like an awesome fantasy to me.

LarryTheNoodleGuy

I would love to see what about 350 pounds would look like on me, and so would my BHM-lovin' ex. I would love to lie on my back on a bed and just feel how heavy I was. I would also love to walk on a West Palm beach and parade myself, making old ladies gasp and cover their mouths with both hands, my gigantic belly swaying left, right, left, right, big smile on my face and perhaps an ice cream cone in each hand.

My fantasy doesn't even involve food, food is fine but I'm not Mr. "Eat Everything."

But! I would also like to be the 140 pounds I was when I graduated high school as I remember what fun I had dashing up and down stairs, doing 30 chin ups just like that, and feeling how light I was, everywhere I went, the clothes I wore (and didn't wear) and whatnot and so forth.

Those are just fantasies, though...I am very happy with my weight and appearance in particular at this time, Dec. 2020.

Last edited:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
In utopia I would live on the moon. 1/6th gravity brings some great possibilities. The doors would have to be very big and very round. No corners.
In a sci-fi Utopia of limitless resources, I'd build a space station, a giant cylinder spinning to simulate gravity -- but how much 'gravity' you'd feel would vary with how far out you were in the cylinder. So you could start in the outer layer at something closer to earth levels, but gradually move inwards as you got bigger and bigger. Perhaps the very largest choosing to float in free-fall in the middle.

fat hiker

In a sci-fi Utopia of limitless resources, I'd build a space station, a giant cylinder spinning to simulate gravity -- but how much 'gravity' you'd feel would vary with how far out you were in the cylinder. So you could start in the outer layer at something closer to earth levels, but gradually move inwards as you got bigger and bigger. Perhaps the very largest choosing to float in free-fall in the middle.
Sounds fabulous. Also flabulous!

Shotha

DM Supporter
Sounds like my idea of heaven. Where do I buy a ticket for this?

EmilyEW

I recently read Ian McDonald trilogy - Luna and one of the stations was described like that. The guy was training to get back to earth after living his life on the moon so he started in the middle then progressed over many months to the edges. Still, the trip to earth nearly killed him.

I was all the time thinking about how it would feel to be really fat on the moon. You can be 600 pounds and still your body will feel like 100 pounds on earth. Wouldn't gain weight on purpose be actually beneficial on the moon? Wouldn't an Earther body (Johny Moonbeam) benefit from the added mass?
And because of the low gravity, the fat will all grow, I assume, more spherical and be less concerned with meeting the floor. So to have a belly to the knees would be a bit hard to achieve even with 600 pounds and I assume butts will just grow really bubbly and far behind. Also one may have a problem looking around one's gigantic globular boobs floating in one's face. Doors will need to be much wider with the fat spreading to the sides. I wish we live in the future, I would be the first one in line to try the hypothesis.

Last edited:

Shotha

DM Supporter
I recently read Ian McDonald trilogy - Luna and one of the stations was described like that. The guy was training to get back to earth after living his life on the moon so he started in the middle then progressed over many months to the edges. Still, the trip to earth nearly killed him.

I was all the time thinking about how it would feel to be really fat on the moon. You can be 600 pounds and still your body will feel like 100 pounds on earth. Wouldn't gain weight on purpose be actually beneficial on the moon? Wouldn't an Earther body (Johny Moonbeam) benefit from the added mass?
And because of the low gravity, the fat will all grow, I assume, more spherical and be less concerned with meeting the floor. So to have a belly to the knees would be a bit hard to achieve even with 600 pounds and I assume butts will just grow really bubbly and far behind. Also one may have a problem looking around one's gigantic globular boobs floating in one's face. Doors will need to be much wider with the fat spreading to the sides. I wish we live in the future, I would be the first one in line to try the hypothesis.
Yes, that sounds very plausible. The low gravity would affect where the fat is deposited but it wouldn't be pulled down so far by gravity. We'd all have less sag and more bulge. It sounds like my idea of heaven.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Of course, low gravity doesn't change your mass. Meaning it still takes effort to get moving, and to stop moving, or to change direction. Being super fat on the moon would require being careful about giving yourself time and distance to make those adjustments! (but that would also be part of the fun, no doubt).

And yes, I've sometimes wondered if extra mass would help keep up bone density in lower gravity? I'd mentioned this idea on here one time and somebody explained why it probably wouldn't, but that was years ago (don't remember the thread), and I don't know how solid their science was. In other words, I'll still imagine that of course when you move to the moon you are encouraged to put on a lot of weight, for your health :D

Shotha

DM Supporter
Of course, low gravity doesn't change your mass. Meaning it still takes effort to get moving, and to stop moving, or to change direction. Being super fat on the moon would require being careful about giving yourself time and distance to make those adjustments! (but that would also be part of the fun, no doubt).

And yes, I've sometimes wondered if extra mass would help keep up bone density in lower gravity? I'd mentioned this idea on here one time and somebody explained why it probably wouldn't, but that was years ago (don't remember the thread), and I don't know how solid their science was. In other words, I'll still imagine that of course when you move to the moon you are encouraged to put on a lot of weight, for your health :D
Oh, yes that would add to the fun. Another aspect of mobility on the moon is this. The low gravity would not pull fat down so much. So, bellies would tend to bulge more and sag less, as I have already said. This would mean that they would not get in the way of our legs quite so much as the do on Earth. So, it would be easier for very fat people to walk and run on the moon.

EmilyEW

I am definitely for the fat moon. In fact I wanted to write a sci-fi wg story about this very topic and now I have name: Fat Moon.

Latest posts