My kitten has gone missing :(

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Dear Em,

Sorry about your kitty. I can't give you any worthwhile tips for cats like OPs (I've never had a cat), but have lost several pets. I know how traumatic it can be. I will ask St. Francis of Assisi to watch over your dear one while she is gone.

mel

This is My year!..again:)
awwww :( I hope your kitty comes home

Qadira

I'm sorry to hear about your kitten. I hope he finds his way home. There have been lots of suggestions on ways to draw him back. Keep in mind if he's not scared or wasn't he may have gone exploring under the house or apt if he could get there. Keep faith and I'll send you good thoughts of course. Good Luck. Please post it here if he comes home safely too.

Emma

Nope no news yet. I had to go to bed in the end which I felt really guilty about but I was absolutly mentally and physically exausted.

Red

Awww, this is rubbish. I hope he comes back soon, good luck with your search Em.

phatmariposa

Oh you poor thing!!! We'll help keep the positive thoughts flowing toward you - your kitty will be back home soon!

mergirl

Nope no news yet. I had to go to bed in the end which I felt really guilty about but I was absolutly mentally and physically exausted.
Dont feel bad, you have to sleep so that you are ready to look again. When my dog went missing after she ran off and i knew she had been hit by a car, i was so mentally and physically exhausted i just fell asleep upright on a chair with my head on my window sill. Your body will take sleep when it needs it, no matter what you are going through. Its obvious, but it hasn't been mentioned.. have you called all the local shelters and the local police stations? The police can keep strays for 24 hours i think then they go to the shelter where they are kept for a month or so before they get rehomed. I found my cat when he was a tiny kitten (actually too young to be away from his mum) and i always worried that someone might have been looking for him, so i called ALL the local animal shelters, pet search (don't know if your area has this), the cats protection etc..and no one had reported him missing, so i kept him. He had fleas and stuff so i suspect he had been born wild or had got loose and had been out for a while though. Dont give up hope Em. How old is he btw??

Emma

I've done all that apart from calling the police. I'm not sure the police take cats in. He's 8 months old now.

mergirl

Yeah, they usually take dogs but i think they take stray cats too..its worth a shot. Thats good he is a bit older cause he will have the sense to eat bugs and worms n stuff..tiny wee kittens would just be like... where is my felix?? Maby try the police. Do you live in Flats or terraced housing? If you do maby you could go round your neighbours..they might have taken him in thinking he was a wee stray and that they were doing a good turn. If that has happened it will be close though, as he was an indoor cat.

Emma

Yeah, they usually take dogs but i think they take stray cats too..its worth a shot. Thats good he is a bit older cause he will have the sense to eat bugs and worms n stuff..tiny wee kittens would just be like... where is my felix?? Maby try the police. Do you live in Flats or terraced housing? If you do maby you could go round your neighbours..they might have taken him in thinking he was a wee stray and that they were doing a good turn. If that has happened it will be close though, as he was an indoor cat.
I've been to all the neighbours and posted well over a hundred leaflets through doors in the local area. I've put posters up in the two local pubs, the off licence, the co-op, the local community centre, on lampposts and walls. I've posted messages on the local community forums and on facebook. I've handed out leaflets to dog walkers, asked the postman, bin men and window cleaner if they've seen them. I've rang every single local vet, not so local vet, rescue centres and put up a poster in the local sainsburys. If he's not back by this afternoon I'm going to ring my local radio station and pay for an advert in the paper. Myself and friends have also been out walking the streets too and theres just no sign of him :( I've also managed to haul my ass up an 10 foot wall, which must have been funny :D

I don't live in a flat or a terrece though :p I live in a house on a cul-de-sac, but theres so many mature gardens round here, sheds, garages and places round here that he could hide.

I have asked people on the flyers to check in sheds and garages. We've also saved the cat litter that bob last used so will be spreading it over my back yard later! lol

mergirl

Yeah..places with gardens and sheds will be like a wee kitty heaven to him.. He is probably hunting and dossing in a shed and will be back if a couple of days when he gets board and wants fed properly and a cozy place to sleep. I know loads of people who's cats have gone missing for a few days only for them to saunter back in totally aloof and non plussed while the poor humans are despairing!

Emma

Yeah..places with gardens and sheds will be like a wee kitty heaven to him.. He is probably hunting and dossing in a shed and will be back if a couple of days when he gets board and wants fed properly and a cozy place to sleep. I know loads of people who's cats have gone missing for a few days only for them to saunter back in totally aloof and non plussed while the poor humans are despairing!
I'm hoping that. I hope he's off having the little adventure of his life and not trapped somewhere hurt, or run over or something :(

mergirl

I'm sure he will be fine Em. If there are lots of gardens and things to explore, that will have been the first place he will have gone to. You are doing all you can. You are doing more than most people would do.

katorade

Have you called animal control? Even if they haven't picked him up, they'll have some good tips for you.

This reminds me of the first time my cat got out since I took him in. I was on vacation and a friend was caring for him. We left the balcony door ajar so he could go sit outside and enjoy the sun. He liked it a little too much and jumped down from the balcony.

I was freaking out because there are so many strays in that area and he's a giant wuss. I was also convinced someone was trying to poison the stray population with rat poison on chicken, so color me mortified.

The first day he was a no-show. The second day I was out there (he'd been out 4 days at this point) shaking his treat can like my life depended on it, he came strolling out of the brush in the woods like nothing even happened. He had that "I was taking an awesome nap, this better be good, woman!" look on his face.

sugar and spice

(((((((( Em )))))))) I hope Bob you find Bob soon and that he comes home safe and sound.

debz-aka

What does this thing do?
I don't live in a flat or a terrece though :p I live in a house on a cul-de-sac, but theres so many mature gardens round here, sheds, garages and places round here that he could hide.

I have asked people on the flyers to check in sheds and garages. We've also saved the cat litter that bob last used so will be spreading it over my back yard later! lol[/QUOTE]

We had our cat go missing for five days. We found him by calling his name from our backyard and hearing his meow coming from the direction of our neighbor's shed. The shed belonged to an older couple who couldn't hear his meowing. You may want to try going right up to sheds and garages and calling for your cat, then just hold still and listen for a few minutes. He might hide from strangers but would respond to your voice. Good luck! Those five days without our cat were awful, and that poor guy was starved when we got him home.

Latest posts