oy, it's letters to people and things!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterbelly

Melting in the desert
Dearest Cinda:

I was deeply saddened to read the thread regarding your death. I became concerned about you awhile back and posted in the chit-chat forum about your sudden departure. My gut feeling told me that something bad had happened, but I always tried to keep positive, in hopes that you were on a Dimensions hiatus. My hopes, unfortunately, were dashed when I read Rainy's thread.

While I did not personally know you in real life, I spoke with you on almost a daily basis via chat or IM. I loved your sarcastic side, but most of all, I loved the thoughtful comments, advice, and the honesty you showed me. I never once doubted anything you told me and in fact pursued a relationship with someone (now my husband) because of the advice you gave me.

Walt Whitman once said "nothing can happen more beautiful than death," and I truly believe that. While we mourn your passing, I choose to celebrate your life and what a great person you were. I hope you are celebrating eternal peace, love, and happiness with the loved ones who passed before you.

May you rest in peace, Cinda.

Love,
Rachel

Chimpi

into the shining sun
Reese's taste so good so that die hard fans like you and I can apologetically enjoy each and every bite/snack.
Dear Chimpi,

Try to remember to use the correct word next time...

Your unapologetic self...

Chimpi

olwen

Disco Bear
Dear Sir,

Thanks for giving me a second chance. This time I swear I'll talk to you about how I'm feeling instead of just being impetous and petulant. I've definitely learned my lesson. Also I really missed your firm hands and perfect touch. ::swoons::

Yours,
Olwen

Amatrix

Winkyface
Dear Chimpi,

Try to remember to use the correct word next time...

Your unapologetic self...

Chimpi

Dear Chimpi

Dont be so hard on your self. You ability to cheer others up and make us smile is all the more reason to over look some mistakes.:happy:

sincerely
the one with really bad grammar.
Amatrix

ps thanks for the notes, i will get back asap!:)

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
Dear crazy fate or something,

I have just gotten back from watching "Hancock" not too long ago. Now I want superpowers. Invincibility, flight, super strength, etc. I wanna be like Superman, but better. Or like Danny Phantom. Do this and I will give you a quarter.

Thanks in advance,
Lloyd

TraciJo67

Dear Conrad,

You, sir, are a bloody hypocrite (and I use the terms ‘dear' and 'sir' rather loosely here).

You have no compunction about ripping into people that you don’t like. I’ve seen you do it several times, just in the past few months. Out of respect for the people you’ve torn into, I won’t name any names. But suffice it to say, anyone who cared to investigate would see that you have done just that.

You allow the most God-awful sexist, misogynistic shit to be posted … claptrap that offends and/or horrifies a huge percentage of women posting at Dims … and not only do you tolerate it, but you seem to encourage its very existence. Several months ago, a man posted an extremely disturbing and violent fantasy about feeding a woman to death (all the while referring to her in the most degrading of terms imaginable). Many people, myself included, expressed objection to this extreme and disturbing post. Your response was typical: The Harper Valley PTA was at it again. Dismissive. Critical. Completely, completely missing the point. What I realized then was that fantasies of humiliating and degrading women, fantasies of violence and force feeding … all are A-ok!! Object to them, and be termed a troublemaker or a man-hater or a shrewish hag. Or, in my case, simply get banned from the weight board… and then termed a troublemaker for future reference. All of a sudden, a whole lot of other stuff made sense to me as well.

I am so tired of seeing people pucker up and fawn adoringly at your every word. Nobody wants to challenge you. Any objection to your policies, the mods are quick to jump in with “It’s Conrad’s board <gush> and he has the right to <tell someone soundly off, while banning anyone else who dares do the same>” The truth is, you take money from people. One hundred and fifty six people, to be exact … all who are contributing a MINIMUM of $3/mo. Many, I’m sure, are contributing more than that (I was donating $10/mo, for example). Even if that doesn’t cover the entire cost of running the site (which I personally find very difficult to believe), that is beside the point. You aren’t God. The people who are contributing towards the upkeep of this site should have some say in how it is run. Why not take a vote, Conrad? Why not ask the women of Dims what they think of the violent fantasies, the constant unchecked displays of misogyny (if challenged, we're just Harper Valley shrews), the dismissive remarks, completely inappropriate placement of lustful intent in serious threads, stuff her until she’s dead fun ‘n games? Or of the fact that any objection to said behavior is met with “you’re too sensitive … you hen-pecking man hater”?

For me, the last straw is getting banned from the weight board because I was very clearly defending myself from attacks that the moderators would not involve themselves in (despite the fact that I’d reported them several times). Said troublemaker has created another thread, “all in good fun”, of course, that was a very thinly veiled attack directed (in part) at me. Had I created that thread, I would have been quite handily banned. He has moderators drooling all over him, blowing kisses and exclaiming their adoration. Nice. He will of course deny that this is what he’s done. And his pals the moderators will rush in to defend the oh-so-innocent “no names were named” line of reasoning. But he knows … and I know … and anyone else who has followed what went on in the “Middle Eastern Women” thread will know what he’s up to. In the meantime, I’m just being overly-sensitive … right? <eye roll> I'm tired of the selective enforcement of the rules.

I make no mistake, Conrad. I'm a clever hen. I know that you dislike me because you think that I’m an anti-feeder hag, not interested in FA issues, a “trouble maker”. That last bit is partially true … I did personally attack one specific member several times (the member in question having a rather spotty history herself) and did not have a good reason to do so. In that, I am far … far … FAR from being alone. Translation: I do not buy into your line of reasoning that all fantasies are harmless in their expression. Therefore, I’m … anti-Conrad. Anti-Dims.

I have never fully accepted what happened during that bout with the “I’d love to force feed her until she dies” fantasy posted on the weight board, and with the moderating decisions that were made (posts critical of the very violent, very objectionable fantasy were deleted … several people who made critical posts that were no better or worse than the mainstream were banned). To that end, it is something of a relief to finally just say … I’m done with you, Conrad. I have no illusion that you will use this as an opportunity to permanently ban me.

Finally ... I do want to acknowledge that most of the moderators here do a wonderful (and typically thankless) job. And yes, I'm including several moderators who issued what I acknowledge to be fair warnings to me. I do not wish to paint everyone with the same broad brush. Those that I'm referring to ... you know who you are. No need for me to spell it out.

I have loved this community for a long time. This isn't a dramatic 'fair thee well' ... simply an acknowledgment that Conrad will use this as an opportunity to permanently ban me, and at this point ... so be it. I will not allow myself to continue feeling frustrated and upset by what is supposed to be a fun distraction for me.

At least I had my say … for the few minutes it will take a moderator to find this and delete it, anyway.

Go to hell, Conrad. You bloody hypocrite.

God. That felt so good to say.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Even if that doesn’t cover the entire cost of running the site (which I personally find very difficult to believe)
Actually, I think the bandwidth might be pretty costly. Quite a few people view the site, and image attachments and whatnot. Then again, I don't know how much bandwidth costs run and what have you. But, it might be pretty $$$$.

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate
Dear Traci....I will miss you terribly.

....Actually...I will miss you with skill, and verve.

ripley

In Remembrance
Well alright. Thing is, you were warned no fewer than SIX times to stop the needling, personal attacks, taunting, insulting and baiting by four different moderators. So the action should come as no surprise.
I have never, ever, been issued a warning. Last night I reported a personal attack in the weight board (which said, among other things, "Ripley, Fuck off!") and today I log on and am banned, without any notice or explanation whatsoever. Could someone please tell me what rule I broke?

Sandie_Zitkus

In Rememberance
In Remembrance
Dear TraciJo,

Considering you and I have been on good term of late I really don't appreciate you bringing me into your fight with Conrad. *I* and my dealings with Conrad and Dimensions have nothing to do with your history here. My relationship with Conrad (as it were) has been a long and bumpy one BUT he and the Mods have always been fair to me. And I would guess I've been around these parts a much, much longer time THAN YOU.

So if you want to cuss out the man who has spent most of his life fighting for size acceptance - don't bring me into it. OK?

Now we all the reference you made was about me right???

Take it easy,
Sandie Zitkus (working toward size acceptance since 1988)

BothGunsBlazing

Back...ish
Dear TraciJo,

Considering you and I have been on good term of late I really don't appreciate you bringing me into your fight with Conrad. *I* and my dealings with Conrad and Dimensions have nothing to do with your history here. My relationship with Conrad (as it were) has been a long and bumpy one BUT he and the Mods have always been fair to me. And I would guess I've been around these parts a much, much longer time THAN YOU.

So if you want to cuss out the man who has spent most of his life fighting for size acceptance - don't bring me into it. OK?

Now we all the reference you made was about me right???

Take it easy,
Sandie Zitkus (working toward size acceptance since 1988)
If she flat out named everyone on the board except for you, you'd still think it was about you.

Sandie_Zitkus

In Rememberance
In Remembrance
If she flat out named everyone on the board except for you, you'd still think it was about you.
I wasn't talking to you sweetcheeks. Now run along and make thinly veiled references to me - then deny it was about me.

LOL

You're classic. Are you stalking me???:doh:

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
BGB -

My wife has been involved with Dimensions (both the print magazine and the web site) since before you were in kindergarten. There are many things that have gone on over the years. Since you've only been here at Dims a little over a year, I would suggest that you keep your nose out of issues that do not concern you.

Status
Not open for further replies.