Pizza Toppings

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I just ordered a large cheese lovers pan pizza with extra cheese,pepperoni and 2x mushrooms. This is the first time I will have this particular combination. I love pizza there are so many different choices and I love choices.

What are your favorite toppings or pizza?

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
Hawaiian is my favourite topping (ham, pineapple, cheese), though I like to add mushrooms to it too.

tinkerbell

I had pizza for dinner tonight too!

There is this place we discovered that is just a few blocks away. And they have good deals, and its the best pizza I've ever had!

I had pineapple and ham tonight. They have this amazing pepperoni pizza it has a ton of pepperoni, and 3 different cheeses and oregano on top. Awesome.

We eat there way too much.

Linda

Just Chillaxin.
We had pizza as well! lol

I like a wide variety of toppings but lately I have been craving anchovies. And I didnt think I liked anchovies but I just want them so badly.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Green olives are my favorite -- with green peppers, or onions, or both. Incidentally, a nutritionist friend of mine once told me that pizza is a pretty good deal, nutritionally. The cheese supplies protein and calcium, the bread (and the yeast that went into it) furnish some B vitamins (though I forget which), and there are vitamins A and C in the tomato sauce. Of course the cheese also contributes fat and sodium, so you shouldn't try to live on pizza alone; all the same, it's certainly not junk food!

jcas50

Liberal Scum
I like clam pizza with white sauce. Sometimes with bacon added.

White pizza means no tomato sauce at all, with garlic, fresh basil and parsley, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan. A variation eliminates the ricotta or the parsley.

I like anchovy as well.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
I like pizza with a very thin crust. Top choices are either a white pizza with spinach, or cheese pizza with black olives and mushrooms.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
He he I just finished eating pizza for dinner. I was out of green olives. So it wasn't as good as it could be.
Green olives and tons of cheese is the only way i really like pizza. The west coast doesn't offer green olives for a topping and that just sucks! I had a ton of thinly sliced red onions on my pizza tonight and that was pretty good.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Depends.. I like a thin-n-crispy pepperoni, green pepper, cheese, red sauce most of the time.

Sometimes, a grilled bbq chicken with thinly sliced red onion, cheese, and hickory bbq sauce.

Or a chicken garlic with diced tomato, white onion, cheese and spinach and white sauce.

However, right now I'm pizza deprived, so I'd like a meat lover's (pepperoni, salami, ham, italian sausage, bacon, hamburger, did I leave one out) with a spicy red sauce.. chewy-but-not-pan crust. Lotsa cheese :D

MrBob

Taking inspiration from the domino's Meateor.

Thin Crust Pizza, Made square
Barbecue sauce base
Plenty of grated mozzarella
Minced (Ground) Beef
Mini Meatballs
Bacon Lardons
Sausage
Peperoni
Mushrooms
Red Peppers
Sundried tomatos
A splash of worcestershire sauce

It's a fully loaded pizza....and an absolute taste sensation.

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
It depends on my mood and where I'm getting the pizza, but here are a few favorites:

with a red sauce:
sausage and (sweet, red) peppers
sausage, black olive, mushroom (I like canned ones on pizza) and onion
pepperoni and green pepper

with olive oil and garlic on the crust:
chicken, spinach, tomato and onion
artichoke hearts and kalamata olives
pesto and shrimp

idontspeakespn

Rabble-rousing since 1982
Taking inspiration from the domino's Meateor.

Thin Crust Pizza, Made square
Barbecue sauce base
Plenty of grated mozzarella
Minced (Ground) Beef
Mini Meatballs
Bacon Lardons
Sausage
Peperoni
Mushrooms
Red Peppers
Sundried tomatos
A splash of worcestershire sauce

It's a fully loaded pizza....and an absolute taste sensation.
*Shudders*

BBQ sauce with pepperoni and like meats...you know that's a UK thing, right? We don't do that in the States, unless you specifically request it...and no one would request it.

That's probably the thing I miss most about the U.S. is the good pizza...haven't had pizza here since New Year's...it was the death of my tastebuds. :p

Gingembre

radar detector
Mmm pizza, although I only like those with a thin crust. I was working at a music festival recently and they had a food stand called Pizza to the People. They were making the most amazing pizzas in proper woodburning pizza ovens. Divine!

My favourite toppings are:
- goats cheese, sliced tomato, red onion & olives
- spinach & ricotta
- seafood
- tuna, onion & black olives

MrBob

I just love having barbecue sauce! plus it works well with the cheese, sausage, bacon, meatballs and ground beef. The peperoni does lose a little something with it but it's a small price to pay for the carnivorous magnificence of it all.

idontspeakespn

I just love having barbecue sauce! plus it works well with the cheese, sausage, bacon, meatballs and ground beef. The peperoni does lose a little something with it but it's a small price to pay for the carnivorous magnificence of it all.
LOL okay. Who am I to judge personal taste? :)

Gotta love that meat, mmm tasty!

idontspeakespn

LOL okay. Who am I to judge personal taste? :)

Gotta love that meat, mmm tasty!
Wait, that's not how it sounds! LOL :eek:

I am like the person who created this slogan:

This is something I would come up with, in a completely serious way and would realize only afterward what an incredible fail that was.

Skye23

We usually go to our local hole-in-the-wall pizza joint for either an extra cheese with pepperoni or a white pizza with riccotta, broccoli and tomatoes (perhaps with sausage. But OMG there's another place near us called Cafe Riveria thats in the local Mall (and therefore should suck really) but they have a pizza thats better then it has any right to be - they call it a Mexican Taco pizza and the menu says it has Beef, Tomatoes, Olives (black), Onions, Peppers, Cheddar and Mozzarella on it. But its just not that simple, the Beef is almost like a sloppy joe beef mix then taco seasoned, its definately a bit sweet with the Mexican seasonings. And somewhere in there they put what I assume is Cheez Whiz vs real Cheddar, because its this creamy cheese sauce plus the melted cheese. It shouldn't work, it shouldn't be that good - it is. I haven't gotten around to trying some of their other more esoteric pizza choices but good grief hubby and I pounded that Taco pizza when we got it the first time. Reminds me, need to go back soon!

Latest posts