"The Walking Dead"...(to my fellow zombie lovers)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Al Diggy

...thoughts on the new series on AMC..."The Walking Dead"? For me...it's about time!!! The greatest thing since sliced bread!!!

Carrie

I enjoyed the premiere, it was pretty good. Looking forward to watching the series unfold!

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
I was really excited about it and I really enjoyed the first episode. I can't wait to see what happens next. I hate that I have to wait!

Although, the only problem I had with it was that I don't know how he didn't at least get a scratch on him when he was under the tank trying to get away from the zombies. But that's why it's TV and not real life. In real life I think I'd be one of the first to die, unless I was lucky enough to already be holed up in my zombie proof fortress. :p

pdgujer148

Breakfast Messiah
I'm holding off until this weekend, but I have to say that if they follow the comic they have a sure fire hit.

Carrie

Tonight's episode was very good, even better than last week's. What can I say, I like my entertainment fast-paced. :p And I have to give them credit for really, really, really not shying away from the gross!

Paquito

don't July to me
Me and friends do watching parties for the show. We simultaneously make fun of the acting and then plan out our own zombie apocalypse.

Christov

My plan for a Zombie apocalypse;

Get up.

Lock door.

Sit down.

Chill.

What can I say? I have a thick door.

Bearsy

Genuinely Disingenuous
I haven't seen this yet, but it's in my uTorrent waiting to be watched. Very pumped.

riplee

I've only seen the first episode but it's off to a good start. I've always been disappointed when a zombie movie ends and now we get a whole tv series? Wahoo!

The scene where the main character returns to the zombie dragging itself along in the park was oddly touching.

P.S. With all the fine shows AMC produces (Mad Men, Breaking Bad and now The Walking Dead), why do they show such crappy movies (Jeepers Creepers, Deathwish IV and Wild, Wild West) ?!? AMC did used to stand for American Movie Classics, right?

gobettiepurple

I'm your huckleberry
Okay, I will admit, I missed the premier, but I found out today that it is on-demand . . . yay!

I am so excited, I plan to watch it tomorrow night! I have heard some really great things about the first episode!

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
It's been renewed for a second season already so that gives me hope that the show might actually last a while. :happy:

lozonloz

My plan for a Zombie apocalypse;

Get up.

Lock door.

Sit down.

Chill.

What can I say? I have a thick door.
My plan involves stealing my neighbours jeep (he keeps the keys under the mat) and high tailing it to my friends house who lives in the middle of nowhereville suffolk, about an hours drive, through the back roads to avoid crashed cars and zombie congestion. By this point he will have carted the 3 freezers upstairs and the rest of the food and activated the backup generator in the garage and collected all his dads guns. Then we breakdown the stairs and wait on the upper floor until its over.

I keep a large hammer and a machete in my underwear draw just in case of a zombie apocolypse, but the shotguns in his posession would be handier.

My door, alas, is not so thick that I wouldnt feel safer in the company of firepower, food, solar electricity and a backup generator in case the services go down zombie town. I love paranoid farmer friends:p

gobettiepurple

I'm your huckleberry
My plan involves stealing my neighbours jeep (he keeps the keys under the mat) and high tailing it to my friends house who lives in the middle of nowhereville suffolk, about an hours drive, through the back roads to avoid crashed cars and zombie congestion. By this point he will have carted the 3 freezers upstairs and the rest of the food and activated the backup generator in the garage and collected all his dads guns. Then we breakdown the stairs and wait on the upper floor until its over.

I keep a large hammer and a machete in my underwear draw just in case of a zombie apocolypse, but the shotguns in his posession would be handier.

My door, alas, is not so thick that I wouldnt feel safer in the company of firepower, food, solar electricity and a backup generator in case the services go down zombie town. I love paranoid farmer friends:p
The best zombie apocalyse plan . . . first, head to walmart to arm yourself [if you dont already have arms lol].

Then, head to costco and wait it out - concrete walls, isles and isles of food and pletny of generators . . . its the perfect place to wait out the zombies, if they in fact have an expiration date themselves :)

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch
Missed the premiere, but I saw episode 2 (or maybe 3?) as a re-run recently and liked it. Looks like a good series.

willowmoon

Don't Panic!
The best zombie apocalyse plan . . . first, head to walmart to arm yourself [if you dont already have arms lol].

Then, head to costco and wait it out - concrete walls, isles and isles of food and pletny of generators . . . its the perfect place to wait out the zombies, if they in fact have an expiration date themselves :)
Having previously worked at WalMart, I can assure you that there are more than enough zombies already there, I used to work with them nightly. Sadly, many of them are STILL there, long after I left.

The invasion has already begun.

gobettiepurple

I'm your huckleberry
Having previously worked at WalMart, I can assure you that there are more than enough zombies already there, I used to work with them nightly. Sadly, many of them are STILL there, long after I left.

The invasion has already begun.

I would rep you, but I am all out of ammo . . .

plus, I agree, that place started the zombie epidemic that is festering in this country . . . :)

Micara

Living and Learning
I <3 this show so much. I love that the really cute guy from "Love Actually" is in it. But I hate his wife. I hope she dies. Does that sound terrible? I don't care. There's a zombie apocalypse, her focus should be on keeping her son alive and instead it's on her husband's ex-partner's pants. I love sex too, but during the zombie apocalypse it shouldn't be your first priority. Maybe more like 2nd or 3rd. LOL :D But still, I hate her.