Quantcast

"The Walking Dead"...(to my fellow zombie lovers)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Nexis

I'm honestly just loving this series, and the fact that they're sticking true to the graphic novel is a big plus for me. Although I did feel bad for the horse in ep. 1, especially after my friend nicknamed him 'Clip-Clop'

R.I.P. Clip-Clop
XD

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
I've only seen the first episode but it's off to a good start. I've always been disappointed when a zombie movie ends and now we get a whole tv series? Wahoo!

The scene where the main character returns to the zombie dragging itself along in the park was oddly touching.

P.S. With all the fine shows AMC produces (Mad Men, Breaking Bad and now The Walking Dead), why do they show such crappy movies (Jeepers Creepers, Deathwish IV and Wild, Wild West) ?!? AMC did used to stand for American Movie Classics, right?
That scene where Rick comes back and puts that half-zombie out of its misery was taken right from the comic.

And for the poster who commented on not liking Rick's wife? The predictable outcome of the sex scene will become apparent later on in the TV series (if it keeps following the comic) and I'm not saying what else happens to her in the comic so keep watching!:happy:

Dennis

PS: AMC should just quit showing movies and make more TV shows.

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
Why did the Asian drive off on his own?
I though that he was going back to eventually meet up with everyone else at the camp but couldn't resist having some fun and racing the car. Just my guess. He looked like he was having the time of his life though, didn't he? It was probably nice to forget about the zombie apocalypse for a minute and just have fun.

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
I though that he was going back to eventually meet up with everyone else at the camp but couldn't resist having some fun and racing the car. Just my guess. He looked like he was having the time of his life though, didn't he? It was probably nice to forget about the zombie apocalypse for a minute and just have fun.
Yeah, that was my assumption, too. He was enjoying LIVING, not just happy to be alive.

Can't wait for tonight's ep!! I'm really loving this show. I've never read the graphic novel, so it's all new and exciting for me.

frankman

The Eternal Cowboy
I had ridiculously high expectations: I didn't read the comics, but fuck, it's a zombie series! So I'm mildly underwhelmed. Some things I liked, like when the black dude shoots the zombie right in front of him when he doesn't know about them yet, but most of the time I'm just waiting on something to happen. It's incredibly sloooooooooow, which wouldn't be a problem normally, but the pacing feels artificial. Like they want to invoke the pacing of Romero movies, while their source material is a comic some 20 to 30 years newer. I'm thinking they can easily fit about 1,5 times the events in one episode and still be light on plot.

Al Diggy

the second episode was way better than the first, and they are keeping kinda in line with the comic storyline...can't wait for tonight's episode...

lizzie_lotr

Great new series! I love the fact they don't back away from the gore factor!!:)

FatAndProud

Dude, I hope this show makes an appearance on streaming video online.....I don't have a tv :(

veggieforever

High Carb Low Fat Vegan
I love, love, looooooooove this series. it ticks all my boxes for what a true zombie series must have. I adore the fact that each episode feels like a mini-movie and I really love the movie feel that the pilot had. The effort that was put in by the scene directors and crew was absolutely fabulous plus the zombie hoardes make-up is second to none! Definately 10/10 for me. Zombies rule! Thursday night is always me, glass of wine and curling up to FX an watching apocalyptic zombie fare! Deeeeeeee-lishhh!! lol xXx

Carrie

SPOILER ALERT FOR EPISODE 4 (MOST RECENT EPISODE).

This last episode was brutal. I have to say, I give AMC a lot of props for lulling the audience (well, me anyway :p) so artfully into thinking "okay, so these are the main characters they're going to focus on in this thing" and then killing a couple of them off as cavalierly as they did. I really appreciate a show that genuinely surprises the viewer that way. Good stuff. I'm still a little surprised they killed off the wife beater already. Of course, no question he deserved to die by horde o' zombies, but the most interesting part of the show thus far is the living having to get over their interpersonal issues and work together against the dead, and I thought he was a good antagonist to help fuel that never-ending struggle. Does anyone else think Merle might have had something to do with the zombie invasion of the camp? Like maybe he somehow lured them there and cut the warning lines they had on the ground to avenge the whole abandoning him on the roof thing? I don't know, just thinking out loud here....

Al Diggy

....that is good thinking and a distinct possibility...hmmmm...he just may have done that...we'll find out soon enough...

calauria

La Negra Hermosa
SPOILER ALERT FOR EPISODE 4 (MOST RECENT EPISODE).

This last episode was brutal. I have to say, I give AMC a lot of props for lulling the audience (well, me anyway :p) so artfully into thinking "okay, so these are the main characters they're going to focus on in this thing" and then killing a couple of them off as cavalierly as they did. I really appreciate a show that genuinely surprises the viewer that way. Good stuff. I'm still a little surprised they killed off the wife beater already. Of course, no question he deserved to die by horde o' zombies, but the most interesting part of the show thus far is the living having to get over their interpersonal issues and work together against the dead, and I thought he was a good antagonist to help fuel that never-ending struggle. Does anyone else think Merle might have had something to do with the zombie invasion of the camp? Like maybe he somehow lured them there and cut the warning lines they had on the ground to avenge the whole abandoning him on the roof thing? I don't know, just thinking out loud here....
Yes, I believe Merle lured the zombies to the camp. I'm also wondering, like, if when and if the zombies starve off would that still kill off the virus? Would it still be somewhere?

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
The finale of episode 4 was phenomenal!

Episode 5 was also amazing. I can't believe there's only one more episode of the season...the comic is closing in on its 80th issue, there's a vast amount of story possibilities for the TV series.

DEnnis

Latest posts