What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

lille

Archer and I are going to our first Barn Hunt class on Saturday and I'm really excited. I hope he has fun.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Good luck!! That will be so much fun!!

I am off to an outdoor agility event...which now looks like thunderstorms all day...booooo

lille

I had a really good therapy session. Haven't dug deep into the trauma yet but we started linking how it affects all sorts of on the surface seemingly unrelated everyday things in my life.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
We're getting some network upgrades at work, and one of our American IT guys came out to take care of it. He is a very cute, chubby guy....I am distracted at work :D

Tad

mostly harmless
We're getting some network upgrades at work, and one of our American IT guys came out to take care of it. He is a very cute, chubby guy....I am distracted at work :D
Got to love that sort of distraction!

==============================

It looks like we (wife, boy, me) are not going to get away for a substantial vacation this Summer, between various other things going on. But wife and I are going to be out of town in a hotel for a couple of nights, something we haven't done without the boy in, ummm, over ten years I think? Not sure why we haven't gone away more recently, and based on how giddy I'm feeling it was past time we changed that!

Also my wife is staying longer, then taking the train home, while I'm driving back (~4 hours) on my own. So we get together time, then she gets some alone time, the boy and I get a few days to geek out together, and I have a rare stretch of several hours on my own where, should I choose, I can stop at every fast food place along the route and balance out too much time making healthy choices with as much junk as I can swallow :D I'm super looking forward to all of this!

DianaSSBBW

several hours on my own where, should I choose, I can stop at every fast food place along the route and balance out too much time making healthy choices with as much junk as I can swallow :D I'm super looking forward to all of this!
OMG!!Your post made me LAUGH!!
I once went on a 3,200 mile road trip from Pittsburgh, PA to Nashville, to Dallas Tx, to Austin Tx, to a beautiful coastal town of Palacios, Tx and back to Pennsylvania. My travel mate, a BHM, had lived in Texas and had been missing it!! I never saw somebody get so exited by a "Jack in the Box", "Sonic" "Barbecue" or local road signs that read "Kolaches". By the time we arrived in Palacios, I had named our vacation "Gastronomic Tour of Texas"
A great vacation!

forp1940

I got my new camera today! Sadly now I have to wait to get a new memory card to really try it out. I haven't been this excited in over a year!!

lille

OMG!!Your post made me LAUGH!!
I once went on a 3,200 mile road trip from Pittsburgh, PA to Nashville, to Dallas Tx, to Austin Tx, to a beautiful coastal town of Palacios, Tx and back to Pennsylvania. My travel mate, a BHM, had lived in Texas and had been missing it!! I never saw somebody get so exited by a "Jack in the Box", "Sonic" "Barbecue" or local road signs that read "Kolaches". By the time we arrived in Palacios, I had named our vacation "Gastronomic Tour of Texas"
A great vacation!

I had never had kolaches before moving here. Hen we stopped at the Czech Stop on our way to Austin. Soooo good.

Tad

mostly harmless
Pokemon Go is the most amazing piece of social engineering that I've ever seen in action. I hope some sociologists were aware enough to have been gathering data before it happened. I mean, I'm sure it will fade with time, but now that it is officially released up here in Canada this week I'm seeing:

- Big brothers sitting with their little brothers helping them catch pokemon with all sorts of patience and 'we're in this together' vibes
- Office workers out walking around on lunch breaks, full of laughter and chatter instead of the usual 'I have to get my 15 minutes brisk walk in get out of my way' demeanor
- Impromptu gatherings at street corners where someone has set up a lure, with people of all ages chatting.
- Lots of knowing smiles as people recognize others doing the same behaviors as they are, instead of the usual "don't make eye contact" rule in this city
- Lots of people helping out strangers, giving advice, providing information, and so on.
- More than the usual number of people out walking about (I live and work in pretty high walking neighborhoods, so it probably isn't as visible as in some places, but you can see it).

And personally it is giving me that little extra nudge to walk to work instead of bike, to get out for a walk at lunch instead of sitting and chatting with people for longer, and generally just get in a few more steps each day.

So there have been stories about how it has been abused and about accidents and so forth, but really for the most part it has more people in the streets, it has people communicating and cooperating with strangers, it helps break down barriers of age, style, and so on, urges people to walk more.

Seriously, I just view this game as one of the better trends we could hope to have.

(even if I haven't found a single Evee yet)

Tad

mostly harmless
Pokemon Go is the most amazing piece of social engineering that I've ever seen in action. I hope some sociologists were aware enough to have been gathering data before it happened. I mean, I'm sure it will fade with time, but now that it is officially released up here in Canada this week I'm seeing:

- Big brothers sitting with their little brothers helping them catch pokemon with all sorts of patience and 'we're in this together' vibes
- Office workers out walking around on lunch breaks, full of laughter and chatter instead of the usual 'I have to get my 15 minutes brisk walk in get out of my way' demeanor
- Impromptu gatherings at street corners where someone has set up a lure, with people of all ages chatting.
- Lots of knowing smiles as people recognize others doing the same behaviors as they are, instead of the usual "don't make eye contact" rule in this city
- Lots of people helping out strangers, giving advice, providing information, and so on.
- More than the usual number of people out walking about (I live and work in pretty high walking neighborhoods, so it probably isn't as visible as in some places, but you can see it).

And personally it is giving me that little extra nudge to walk to work instead of bike, to get out for a walk at lunch instead of sitting and chatting with people for longer, and generally just get in a few more steps each day.

So there have been stories about how it has been abused and about accidents and so forth, but really for the most part it has more people in the streets, it has people communicating and cooperating with strangers, it helps break down barriers of age, style, and so on, urges people to walk more.

Seriously, I just view this game as one of the better trends we could hope to have.

(even if I haven't found a single Evee yet)

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Ooooh post pics! This board could *always* use excitement! :D
I plan on getting hammered and dancing on the bar with no shirt. Especially since the bar we're going to sells super fancy drinks. I think one was made with like essence of butterfly farts and virgin panda semen with rum shaken with ice handchipped from a Swiss glacier . Or was that a gin drink?

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
I plan on getting hammered and dancing on the bar with no shirt. Especially since the bar we're going to sells super fancy drinks. I think one was made with like essence of butterfly farts and virgin panda semen with rum shaken with ice handchipped from a Swiss glacier . Or was that a gin drink?
No, it had to be rum. You NEVER want to mix gin with panda semen. :eek:

Group builder