What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
So I don't watch football. Mostly because I'm not a callous shit who can overlook men damaging their brains for life to play a fucking children's game to entertain me.
I $u$pect there are other rea$on$ involved. Even in college football there are $cholar$ship$.

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
I didn’t mean they were doing it for the public’s benefit, just that it being fun/entertaining to follow is the only defense I ever hear from fans as to why they still support something so monstrous. I can only reply with some variation of, “Yeah, I guess it is fun. Junior Seau shot himself in the heart to preserve his brain so people could see what had happened to it. What’s your fantasy team named?”
Because my feeling on the subject is that if you take a moral stand without being a condescending prick about it have you really taken a moral stand?

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Because my feeling on the subject is that if you take a moral stand without being a condescending prick about it have you really taken a moral stand?
This certainly seems to be the case nowadays (cf. Hyde Park). I, however, have always found it more comfortable to take a moral seat. I have a special chair for this, with a moral ottoman so that I can not only put my foot down, I can put both feet down at once! That'll show 'em. :)

ODFFA

This certainly seems to be the case nowadays (cf. Hyde Park). I, however, have always found it more comfortable to take a moral seat. I have a special chair for this, with a moral ottoman so that I can not only put my foot down, I can put both feet down at once! That'll show 'em. :)
Makes you seem more approachable, too. Even if you aren't really >:-D

--------
My inconsequential happy -- Found a long-coveted rare item I'd been grinding for in a game. Lost my shit. That's always nice.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Guest visiting for a week, we rented a cabin (well 2 cabins for 2 two nights each) in the woods. Fire pit, wood stove, hot tub etc... at each one. Spending the weekend at my place then heading out to the finger lakes for peace, quiet and privacy. It should be an excellent time, not sure if I'll even have internet there. I know neither place has tv reception or cable. I am looking forward to being unplugged.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Guest visiting for a week, we rented a cabin (well 2 cabins for 2 two nights each) in the woods. Fire pit, wood stove, hot tub etc... at each one. Spending the weekend at my place then heading out to the finger lakes for peace, quiet and privacy. It should be an excellent time, not sure if I'll even have internet there. I know neither place has tv reception or cable. I am looking forward to being unplugged.
Well that sounds amazing! Hope you have an awesome time. :)

Crumbling

Distilled Evil
special occassion for steak? or more of a just STEAK LETS DO IT! kind of day?
Years ago, before I moved home to work the homestead, My folks would give me a care package any time something was slaughtered. So there would be a couple packets of steaks, some roasting joints, chops, ground beef etc... and it would go into the freezer to be saved for a special occasion.

The special occasion was almost always 'I've come up short with a week till payday' ... Damnit I'm broke.Now I have to eat steaks.

"Steak? What's the occasion?"

"Baked Bean Toastie Week starts tomorrow!"

CleverBomb

On Space Out
And from my cultural background, baked beans on eggs over toast (that is what you're talking about, right?) seems like an interestingly exotic dish. Steak is easy enough to come by, albeit a bit on the spendy side.

But then, my culinary heritage includes whitefish pickled in bleach, and cheese with potentially hallucinogenic mold, so I guess it's all relative...

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Don't get chopped up by a serial killer!!

Have fun!!

bigmac

Got 478 miles (769 km) on one tank of gas -- good Volvo.

Crumbling

Distilled Evil
And from my cultural background, baked beans on eggs over toast (that is what you're talking about, right?) seems like an interestingly exotic dish. Steak is easy enough to come by, albeit a bit on the spendy side.

But then, my culinary heritage includes whitefish pickled in bleach, and cheese with potentially hallucinogenic mold, so I guess it's all relative...
eggs? not on my budget...

I mean... a breville or similar toasted sandwich maker. Four slices of the cheapest white bread in the supermarket, a smear of marmite and a couple of tablespoons of supermarket value brand baked beans (dressed up with some seasonings for sake of variety), and calling it a meal. Twice a day till payday.

My employer bought us lunch.

Steak wasn't an 'exotic' meal... but the good, inch thick, grass fed, home grown steaks... meat of a grade I frankly couldn't afford to buy, those were something special.

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic
Have a wonderful time!! :)