What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Wallpaper paste....and the never ending flow of lava over unsettled magma....
The latter can be quite spectacular:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oowDvy-wtj4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oowDvy-wtj4[/ame]

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
Everyone is in my prayers....seems like almost everyone I know is going through rough times of it right now....

Mathias

SAMCRO
My grandmother passed away today and I also found out someone I was friends with in high school commited suicide. 2014 has been the worst year of my entire life.

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
My grandmother passed away today and I also found out someone I was friends with in high school commited suicide. 2014 has been the worst year of my entire life.
My deepest condolences and all will be in my prayers....

CAMellie

Gabriel Spencer
Since my water broke on its own I had hoped for a vaginally birth. Alas, it was not to be and the recovery this time around is far worse than my others! :(

Sweetie

Where is the Love?
I'm sorry, but congratulations on your new baby. :)
Since my water broke on its own I had hoped for a vaginally birth. Alas, it was not to be and the recovery this time around is far worse than my others! :(

Saoirse

Im sorry that Im letting a stupid asshole ruin my weekend. I feel like a pussy for bailing but I really think its best if I dont show up. ugh

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
My brother doesn't realize some of the things he says makes me feel less than and really hurts my feelings. He's a know it all and probably isn't sensitive to my feelings at all. I hate how he seems to pick on my lifestyle. He's a former fatty that is now an ultra marathon runner with an impeccable diet. I'm just the big fat loser with chronic pain.

CAMellie

Gabriel Spencer
I'm sad because I'm missing out on the majority of the joy involved in the first weeks of my beautiful son's life. Because of some horrible bungles made during my c-section, I'm now suffering in a way I would never wish on my very worst enemy!
First, because of a miscommunication between the anaestheseologist (sp) and the charge nurse, my spinal catheter was improperly secured and 1 week after being discharged I was back in the hospital to get a blood patch in my spine. My spinal fluid had been leaking the entire time which caused migraines the likes of which I never knew existed. They pumped me full of IV fluids and morphine then threaded another catheter into my spine and injected 20ccs of my own arterial blood to form a clot to seal the leak.
Then, I went to my regular OB 2 days later for a follow up and found out that I had several abscesses under my incision site because the attending surgeon failed to put in drains - despite direct instructions from my doctor. One of them was the size of a bowling ball. I had assumed it was scar tissue from previous abdominal surgeries...boy was I wrong. I begged my doctor to let me try treating it at home first instead of heading straight to the hospital because I don't want to be away from my son. He reluctantly agreed, put me on 2 different antibiotics and pain killers, and told me what to watch for in case I need to go to the ER.
Well, luck is against me. My incision started weeping yesterday - clear which my doctor said would be normal and to keep everything as dry as possible - but today the liquid is green and bloody and my doctor ORDERED me into the hospital no later than Sunday. He said he expects to see me on his rounds Monday morning.
I'm absolutely devastated! My Gabriel is my world and I don't know how I'm going to be away from him. I mean, I know he'll be loved and very well taken care of...but not by me. I can't stop crying and I've been struggling with panic attacks all damned day!
Thank you for letting me rant. I can't share this anywhere else and it's eating me up.

Gingembre

radar detector
I'm absolutely devastated! My Gabriel is my world and I don't know how I'm going to be away from him. I mean, I know he'll be loved and very well taken care of...but not by me. I can't stop crying and I've been struggling with panic attacks all damned day!
Thank you for letting me rant. I can't share this anywhere else and it's eating me up.
Sorry to hear you're having such a horrible time, CAMellie. It seems a shame Gabriel can't go into the hospital with you. That's what happens where I work, for women that are readmitted to a postnatal ward.

ODFFA

I picked him/her up just outside my sliding door and, after a minute, registered: thaaaat explains the thud I heard this morning :'(

View attachment 20141105_173152.jpg

Sorry, little one. I hope the blow to the head knocked you out instantly. Not that it'll make up for anything, but here, have some posthumous Dims fame.

Ho Ho Tai

I'm sad because I'm missing out on the majority of the joy involved in the first weeks of my beautiful son's life. Because of some horrible bungles made during my c-section, I'm now suffering in a way I would never wish on my very worst enemy!
. . .
. . . but even more, you need a damn good lawyer! Lotsa luck in finding either.

Deacone

For Azeroth!

Bruising part.2 of my tattoo healing lol...and it's only getting bigger. Woo for spongey arms.

Watching someone with dementia sit beside his dying wife, his hand under her nightgown and resting against her heart as she took her last breaths. Clarity affording him the brief realisation that he was losing his partner of 62 years and that he was now alone. For over an hour he sat like that and it broke my heart. He whispered that he'd loved her all his life and thanked her for being his wife, lover and friend. Goodbye nan.

Ho Ho Tai

Watching someone with dementia sit beside his dying wife, his hand under her nightgown and resting against her heart as she took her last breaths. Clarity affording him the brief realisation that he was losing his partner of 62 years and that he was now alone. For over an hour he sat like that and it broke my heart. He whispered that he'd loved her all his life and thanked her for being his wife, lover and friend. Goodbye nan.
littlefairywren -
I am 77 y.o. and, therefore, allowed to think such thoughts and dwell upon an increasingly immediate future.

I think it's appropriate to this reply to direct you to a previous post - especially the Brel song at the end of it.
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2093596#post2093596

By the way, to "lover and friend" I would add 'partner'. My wife (Mrs Ho Ho) and I have many symbols that have come into our lives over the years but one of the first (and most important) is 'PFL' - 'Partners, Friends and Lovers'. The letters PFL describe the order of states in our relationship and is engraved on our wedding rings.

Latest posts

Group builder