What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
Specifically two things. Related to two different people that are pretty important to me.
Jose, give it a bit of time. You never know what they are going through right now and maybe they are having to focus on themselves. If it does turn out that they don't appreciate you for being the special person you are, as much as it hurts, let go. You have a beautiful heart and soul to you, don't ever forget that.

The big thing making me sad right now...
I am so sorry this happened. All of you will be in my prayers....

Deacone

For Azeroth!
It is odd! But cool. Just means I can't blatantly stalk people ;)

I'm sad because I'm stuck in work by myself for another hour and I need to pee :<

mermaid8

mermaid
I guess if I was honest what is making me sad right now is the lack of companionship in my life. Most people have at least one person in their life they consider a confidant or companion. I've struggle my whole life to find a friend I could consider a confidant, someone I could share my deepest feelings and thoughts with. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone that fits that role in my life and must rely only on myself everyday. Sadly, this makes life more of a struggle because I must hold everything deep inside.

MsBrightside

I guess if I was honest what is making me sad right now is the lack of companionship in my life. Most people have at least one person in their life they consider a confidant or companion. I've struggle my whole life to find a friend I could consider a confidant, someone I could share my deepest feelings and thoughts with. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone that fits that role in my life and must rely only on myself everyday. Sadly, this makes life more of a struggle because I must hold everything deep inside.
Hi, mermaid8. What I'm about to say doesn't really address the issue you've raised in this post, which is having someone in your life with whom you are emotionally intimate. Obviously, establishing a close relationship like that isn't something that can happen overnight, and, unfortunately, it's not something that everyone is able to experience. When we do, it's certainly a blessing.

But some of your other posts have mentioned a more generalized feeling of isolation, and I wondered if you had considered finding a worthy cause that you believe in and offering your services as a volunteer? It may seem like a big step to take, and it may require some effort to find a good match for your own interest and skills (and yes, everyone has something valuable to contribute), but in my experience, volunteering is a great way to stand back and gain some perspective on your own problems while (hopefully) helping other people with theirs. Also, I've met some amazing people over the years through various sorts of volunteer work; not suprisingly most of them are kind, generous, and friendly. :) At the very least, you would have an opportunity to make more connections with others with whom you share a common interest, and that could be a foundation for the kind of closeness you are seeking.

x0emnem0x

Words.
I know how this feels, and though I've had a number of people I can talk to since feeling that way, sometimes I feel like I don't have anyone. Even now sometimes it just feels like no one cares or wants to talk to me, and it sucks, but things will turn around. I don't know if you're religious, but I have gotten a lot closer with my God and I believe that he has a plan for you, someone will walk into your life when you least expect it... I've experienced that myself. Even if you're not religious, I am one of those people that believe everything happens for a reason and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your head up!

I agree with MsBrightside too though, try getting into some volunteer work. As someone who is very shy and pretty antisocial, I know it may be difficult but once I get into it and people talk to me I actually feel a little better, you could find someone who could impact your life like no other! I will be keeping an eye out for you hoping to see some positive changes, because I know what it feels like to be sad, as I have suffered from depression since I was very young - I hope you feel better!

mermaid8

mermaid
Hi, mermaid8. What I'm about to say doesn't really address the issue you've raised in this post, which is having someone in your life with whom you are emotionally intimate. Obviously, establishing a close relationship like that isn't something that can happen overnight, and, unfortunately, it's not something that everyone is able to experience. When we do, it's certainly a blessing.

But some of your other posts have mentioned a more generalized feeling of isolation, and I wondered if you had considered finding a worthy cause that you believe in and offering your services as a volunteer? It may seem like a big step to take, and it may require some effort to find a good match for your own interest and skills (and yes, everyone has something valuable to contribute), but in my experience, volunteering is a great way to stand back and gain some perspective on your own problems while (hopefully) helping other people with theirs. Also, I've met some amazing people over the years through various sorts of volunteer work; not suprisingly most of them are kind, generous, and friendly. :) At the very least, you would have an opportunity to make more connections with others with whom you share a common interest, and that could be a foundation for the kind of closeness you are seeking.

I agree with your point and yes, volunteering is always a good way to helps others and meet people. I'm just not in the place in my life where that is a possibility. I know this may sound like a poor excuse but it's the truth.

Please know that I am very thankful for the advice.

mermaid8

mermaid
I know how this feels, and though I've had a number of people I can talk to since feeling that way, sometimes I feel like I don't have anyone. Even now sometimes it just feels like no one cares or wants to talk to me, and it sucks, but things will turn around. I don't know if you're religious, but I have gotten a lot closer with my God and I believe that he has a plan for you, someone will walk into your life when you least expect it... I've experienced that myself. Even if you're not religious, I am one of those people that believe everything happens for a reason and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your head up!

I agree with MsBrightside too though, try getting into some volunteer work. As someone who is very shy and pretty antisocial, I know it may be difficult but once I get into it and people talk to me I actually feel a little better, you could find someone who could impact your life like no other! I will be keeping an eye out for you hoping to see some positive changes, because I know what it feels like to be sad, as I have suffered from depression since I was very young - I hope you feel better!
Thank you for the sympathy, it is greatly appreciated.

I hope someday I can find someone I can call a confidant. I hope it happens soon because I'm running out of hope. Again thank you for caring.

mermaid8

mermaid
Had plans with my mom ( I know not always the coolest thing for some people) for a little retail therapy but as usual she changed the plans without even bothering to inform me. She dumped like hot potato to hangout with my little sister and her kids. It may not have been intentional but nevertheless it is still hurtful. My mom has a tendency to dump me for either my older sister and her kids or my little sister and her kids. I guess to some people this wouldn't bother them but I still kind of thing happens to be all the time. I'm always left out. Guess I'll just go for a walk alone.

Saoirse

just read an article in the paper about the school board thinking about closing down the elementary school i went to and i burst into tears.

i love that little school. i have so many great memories from there. i met my best friend there. the thought of it being closed down is heartbreaking.

they're also thinking about closing the elementary school in the town i work in. for the past few years, ive been thinking about moving to that town and ive dreamed of marrying a local boy (yea i even have him picked out lol), living in his big, beautiful house and sending our children right across the street to school.

silly, i know, but closing these schools would just tear me apart.

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
Wallpaper paste....and the never ending flow of lava over unsettled magma....

CAMellie

Gabriel Spencer
My son is an amazing miracle baby. My husband and I have suffered three previous losses, I'm older (42), I have health issues (physical and mental), and yet he's almost here...and my husband's immediate family refuse to even acknowledge his existence! His extended family are always in contact to find out how the baby and I are but his parents, sister, and brothers NEVER mention him...ever! Adrian and I will be talking about Gabriel right in front of them and they try to change the subject. It breaks my heart that they are taking their dislike of me out on a little innocent baby. Their own kin.
Another thing I'm sad about, but in a wistful way, is the fact that in 3 weeks my little boy will be here...and not safe and sound inside me. I'll miss his kicks, rolls, and hiccups. :(

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
My son is an amazing miracle baby. My husband and I have suffered three previous losses, I'm older (42), I have health issues (physical and mental), and yet he's almost here...and my husband's immediate family refuse to even acknowledge his existence! His extended family are always in contact to find out how the baby and I are but his parents, sister, and brothers NEVER mention him...ever! Adrian and I will be talking about Gabriel right in front of them and they try to change the subject. It breaks my heart that they are taking their dislike of me out on a little innocent baby. Their own kin.
Another thing I'm sad about, but in a wistful way, is the fact that in 3 weeks my little boy will be here...and not safe and sound inside me. I'll miss his kicks, rolls, and hiccups. :(
CAMellie, I know your story and have wondered how the family issues will work out. One thing I do know, that a sweet, little baby boy can melt the hardest of hearts and can make friends with just a smile. Give the family time to soften and hopefully change their hearts. If they do not, you and Adrian can set some limits for their treatment of you based on common courtesy and Christian ethics. (If you speak or feel badly of a mother, you are involuntarily speaking and meaning bad things about 1/2 of the son.) Good manners and good will toward our family members is a core value of raising good children.

Latest posts

Group builder