Quantcast

What is your weight right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tempere

Everything I said could be wrong
145 lbs here. Which at 6'3" makes me rather slim, despite my best efforts.

I ate like a total pig at college last winter, 4-6 large meals a day, and ended up losing 2 pounds. *_*

I'm starting to believe the idea of a set point weight!
totally understand this struggle despite being a few inches shorter and 21 lbs heavier

Phaddy

So I went to the doctor yesterday for my annual check up. I weighed in at 287, which is not much more than I was last year, but a couple of pounds heavier. Also, with the more sedentary life style imposed by CoVid, I suspect that my muscle to fat ratio has shifted a bit in favor of the latter. My belly is definitely bigger. The doctor was pleasant, but pointed out that at 287 and 6 feet tall, I was only 0.1 pounds under being morbidly obese as defined by BMI. He suggested that I take this seriously and do something to lower my BMI. I thought hard about it all afternoon and finally made the commitment. I changed my height to 7'-6", which meant that I was no longer even overweight, let alone tittering towards morbid obesity. My wife was away for the evening taking care of her mom, so dinner was my responsibility. I had six hot dogs on rolls with toppings, a pound of pasta salad, and then a pint of vanilla chocolate chip Haagan Daz ice cream for dessert. I haven't binged like that in a long time. I felt totally bloated going to bed. But as surprising as it often is after a meal like that the night before, I woke up to belly growls suggesting that my stomach was empty and hungry. I immediately thought of that line at the end of Tora, Tora, Tora: " I fear that we have only awakened a sleeping giant."

Orchid

Lost 4.9 kg / 10.8 lbs water weight in a few days. Fit my shoes to go to hospital, last week checkup HF. Had a week of heatwave 35C/95F and my indoors is 29.5C no A/C just a ventilator and aircooler.With the heart failure lost my appetite again.....and I have to take my Rx cardiac meds with food or get bad nausea.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I mean, if you need inspiration for gaining weight you're definitely in the right place here! 😂
Okay so I have tried to eat a little better and havehit the weights again. I’ve stopped the weight loss and am back up to 155. I was down to 151 or so before I snapped out of it. Trying to bulk back up to about 160, maybe a little higher but not more than 165.

Still tiny by Dims standards but that’s about right for me.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
235 lbs, which is not a big number around here, but it is my heaviest (and at 5'8" and not not a particularly heavy build, I think I'm looking pretty legitimately fat).

CosmicSquid

Thought I might as well post here, I'm at 165 currently and actively trying to gain. Basically just chubby atm but looking to get bigger!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
246 lbs *blush*
Khrestel, I'm wondering how you are feeling about your re-gain? I remember you losing a lot of weight (grudgingly) because of health issues, but I remember how you loved being fat. Obviously I'm hoping you are happy and healthy and will encourage and congratulate you on whatever you are trying to do -- but I don't know if this gain is deliberate or welcome?

khrestel

Khrestel, I'm wondering how you are feeling about your re-gain? I remember you losing a lot of weight (grudgingly) because of health issues, but I remember how you loved being fat. Obviously I'm hoping you are happy and healthy and will encourage and congratulate you on whatever you are trying to do -- but I don't know if this gain is deliberate or welcome?
Obviously, this is a really, really hard question to answer. I feel deeply ashamed whenever I need to meet family, co-workers and friends who all thought I was doing so well and was finally on my way to some unknown wonderland of normality.

I've had to confront my closet once again and decide how to cope with too small clothes. My mother is the size I was last year (not my smallest) so it's natural to replace her too big clothes with them but the dissappointment in her eyes is hard to confront. Not to mention her suggestions of WLS.

Sexually, I feel more content than in a very long time. In general, my body doesn't hurt all the time anymore from exhaustion, my body temperature has normalized and even my dancing has improved (minus the added jiggling). It's easier to find balance when you feel more at peace in your body.

Latest posts