What's pissing you off today?

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Surlysomething, May 16, 2012.

1. Oct 4, 2017 #2621

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Were they like oh it will be $$$$ extra?

2. Oct 5, 2017 #2622

fat hiker

fat hiker

fat hiker

$3-3.50 in gas, so double that for wear/tear/depreciation on the car, making the bus and the car about the same price. (Are you getting free parking at work?? I notice you don't quote a parking charge. Benefit of working at a company so far out in the 'burbs?)

If you rarely or never drove to work, you could cut your car insurance cost (probably in half), by having the car only insured for leisure - but that would cut your flexibility too.

And I have to agree that sitting in traffic is such a waste of time, when one could be reading/studying/dozing/planning/people watching/doing crossword puzzles on the bus!

3. Oct 5, 2017 #2623

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Nobody pays for parking out here. (and the parking lots are generally much larger than they need to be, too. The amount of asphalt over what could be green space really bugs me.) Which of course just encourages more car commuting (and given the back-ups on March Road .... they should stop encouraging that)

I've not actually told my insurance agent about the change of work situation -- it has been so long since I drove to work with any frequency that I'd actually forgotten all about that. Oops! Well, I can claim with some justice that so far that I'm not regularly driving. But I will get on that.

Were my trip reversed it would include a lot more traffic jams and likely some sort of fee for parking, and the bus would be a slam dunk better solution. Right now I want it to be the better solution, but I feel like I have to add quite a bit of 'public good' to the equation to make it tip to the bus's favour :-/

4. Oct 6, 2017 #2624

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

The institution I'm looking to study at part-time next year has an absolutely horrible track record when it comes to responding to queries from (prospective) students. The phone just rings, plus they've managed to ignore 2 emails and a Whatsapp from me. Their Facebook page is littered with people complaining about this. And they're essentially my only option in Cape Town for what I want to study.

I can't resist the temptation to say.... this feels all too South African :mad:

5. Oct 7, 2017 #2625

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

There are bees in my apartment - I am torn about smashing them with a broom or being a kind gentle person and shooing them out the door.... The broom is winning.

LeoGibson likes this.
  6. Oct 16, 2017 #2626

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

Curves for miles

I swear this new is going to be the death of me. I don't even have the time to chat on here anymore.[emoji36]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

LeoGibson likes this.
  7. Oct 16, 2017 #2627

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

We miss you! Boo to the busy-busy-job!

(that said, work changes are probably about to impact my Dimensions time too :-( )

8. Oct 18, 2017 #2628

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

Curves for miles

I miss you guys too!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

9. Oct 22, 2017 #2629

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

The brain-dead mindless repetition that "thin=healthy"
    always. Seriously, have you ever heard or seen the phrase "getting healthy" used to mean anything other than losing weight? And "eating better" never means eating in a way that brings joy to one's life or represents a good relationship with food, rarely does it even mean better quality of food or better balanced meals, nope all "eating better" boils down to 9 times out of 10 is simply eating fewer calories. Think about all the different diets out there, the various things ppl put themselves through to "get healthy": Eliminating entire food groups from one's diet, obsessively tracking,
    counting and recording every calorie consumed, living in a state of chronic hunger for so long that the ability to even interpret the body's hunger and fullness signals is lost, liquid diets, restricting calories so severely that one's metabolism believes a famine is occurring and adjusts accordingly, fasting for hours or days or weeks,
    HAVING ONE'S BODY SLICED OPEN AND THE STOMACH CUT IN FREAKING PIECES! Now think about how ppl react if a person who's already very thin does these things. One person's eating disorder is another person's "healthy lifestyle",
    no?

10. Oct 23, 2017 #2630

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd

'Health', like 'God' is a term that has no generally agreed-on definition: you can use it to mean practically anything. This promotes many stimulating arguments which produce more heat than light. :rolleyes:

11. Oct 23, 2017 #2631

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I've had to really think and define for myself what I consider healthy eating/lifestyle over the past few years. I actually used to have an eating disorder and I'm not going to lie, even though it was about six years ago now I'm only just starting to get over the physical health consequences of it.

For me, healthy eating means more fresh stuff, especially fruit and vegetables and nuts and less processed sugars. It means drinking more fluids and making sure that I eat at least three meals a day. I actually eat more food in terms of volume eating this way but all my blood test results show that my body loves me for it.

12. Oct 24, 2017 #2632

RentonBob

RentonBob

RentonBob

I always get back up...

I went to the Honda dealer near me because the radio in my car died. Honda always seems to put these really weird radio setups in their cars. I asked how much it would be to have the radio replaced and the guy told me the radio alone would be over $1000 for just a simple radio/CD player... WTF!

I took it to a business that does car radio installs near me and while I had to have the radio installed in a different compartment with a kit it was only $250 all included.

What a racket Honda has going on...

13. Oct 28, 2017 #2633

Am Jim

Am Jim

Am Jim

How does it sound compared to the factory setup?

14. Oct 28, 2017 #2634

RentonBob

RentonBob

RentonBob

I always get back up...

It sounds just fine. No issues at all :)

15. Oct 29, 2017 #2635

Am Jim

Am Jim

Am Jim

Glad to hear you got it working and saved a bunch of money.

16. Oct 29, 2017 #2636

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

I am unhappy with the current state of communication in the digital world. “Hey” “Hi” “How U” and “How many donuts can u eat”. Are not ways to begin conversations. Just saying... I think I may be getting old.

17. Oct 29, 2017 #2637

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

Strangely I’m ok with how many donuts can you eat. I’d say I’m good for between 6-8 in one pop. How about you? :D

DragonFly likes this.
  18. Oct 30, 2017 #2638

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Doughnuts over here generally come in packs of 5 so that is my limit whether I want it to be or not. :p

19. Oct 30, 2017 #2639

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

You could always get more than 1 pack of doughnuts. ;) I could prolly manage at least a dozen myself, especially the yeast kind with icing. :eat2:

20. Oct 30, 2017 #2640

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd

Christmas is coming: hint, loudly and frequently, how much you want a deep-fat fryer. Then go online to allrecipes.com and download whichever doughnut recipe takes your fancy! :eat2: