Quantcast

Calling All Artists

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

tnekkralc1956

The original version of this is all Photoshopped and the ambient color was violet. I like it in and of itself, but I prefer this one where I also improved the fit of the sheet arout her hips*. This is all within V5Infinite... except for my brand (signature, silly).

*For the technoids: The 'fabric' is a procedural texture placed upon a rippling landscape... that is: underneath and across her, you are looking at what would otherwise be a mountain range but from a different angle and scale as well as texture.

Risible

Monkey Daze
Tnek, I've been admiring your contributions here as you've been posting them. I love the variety of content and form, the diversity of texture, shape and color. I've used a few to wallpaper my computer with also! :bow:

Tina, Beautiful stuff! I love the first one in particular, with the brown hair and the hint of brown hair. When you are able to transfer your artwork onto tank tops (I'm not much of a t-shirt person, Chuck is, though), I'll be your first patron (the last time I checked your store at cafepress, they didn't have tank tops to fit me :().

tnekkralc1956

A bit of the story:

Bond just won this Jag in a game of strip poker with Cherry who in anger and frustration because of losing everything including her womanly delights...

unloaded her feminine charm,

and her gun...

into his desaturated uranium/kevlar dinner shirt...

this is about where we came in...

Tina

Older and wiser now
Tina, Beautiful stuff! I love the first one in particular, with the brown hair and the hint of brown hair. When you are able to transfer your artwork onto tank tops (I'm not much of a t-shirt person, Chuck is, though), I'll be your first patron (the last time I checked your store at cafepress, they didn't have tank tops to fit me :().
Yeah, that sucks about Cafe Press. I've often wished that I could do t-shirts in any size I liked, and CP has really made some advances in their sizing (when I started with them, there was only 1 shirt that came in 1X), but not enough to be able to fit a wide range of sizes, IMO.

I will be opening another store at a more art-oriented site, but I'm not sure how large their t-shirts will go. Won't open until some time in the fall, but I'll definitely post here when it does, and hopefully the sizing will work. Thanks so much for your comments, Dee. :)

DJ_S

Dope work!!

just curious, whats the interface & modelling(etc) tools like, compared with lightwave?

Keep it up!!

Enjoying this! :)

tnekkralc1956

Poser and LightWave are like comparing apples and oranges. Poser is simple and if you want to model you use the companion program called Shade.

Of the 3D CG quality proggies, Maya is the easiest and also the most expensive. Then there's 3D Studio Max, several others, and LightWave at the bottom as the cheapest and most difficult to learn: Non intuitive workspace. Manual labor intensive. I know because I just happen to have a copy. The results are usually pretty good compared to the other programs mentioned and the price is right---but you'd better be ready to go to school. LightWave is light years ahead of Shade, but not for long.

The gap is closing between all of these software programs. Give it five years or so, and there won't be much difference between the whole lot of them,... but now is the time to learn. LightWave is a good starter, but tough. Maya offers a PLE (personal learning edition) download from their site. If I were starting from scratch today, I'd learn that one above all others.

tnekkralc1956

...is rendered in V5Infinite with the volumetric atmosphere and fog settings turned way up. Post work on hair and such in Photoshop.

Oh, man, that Beamer is leaking oil again...

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate
Maya is mighty, and most definitely the CG animation standard. I remember the first time I saw the manual. All four volumes.

Yeah. Intimidating. My best mate uses it like its an extension of his hands.....expertly. Most (yeah, most!) of the car commercials you see were done by him and his team...very few car commercials even have actual cars in them anymore.

Now, if they can just get rid of those pesky actors....

Poser and LightWave are like comparing apples and oranges. Poser is simple and if you want to model you use the companion program called Shade.

Of the 3D CG quality proggies, Maya is the easiest and also the most expensive. Then there's 3D Studio Max, several others, and LightWave at the bottom as the cheapest and most difficult to learn: Non intuitive workspace. Manual labor intensive. I know because I just happen to have a copy. The results are usually pretty good compared to the other programs mentioned and the price is right---but you'd better be ready to go to school. LightWave is light years ahead of Shade, but not for long.

The gap is closing between all of these software programs. Give it five years or so, and there won't be much difference between the whole lot of them,... but now is the time to learn. LightWave is a good starter, but tough. Maya offers a PLE (personal learning edition) download from their site. If I were starting from scratch today, I'd learn that one above all others.

tnekkralc1956

...this is a bit of messing around I did this evening in a great little CG graphics program by Corel called Painter IX. This took a couple of hours using the oil painting setup and my Intuos pad. The program can imitate everything from crayola to watercolor. Thanks for looking.

Cat

Gone baby gone
More beautiful stuff, tnekkralc1956. Thanks again for sharing.

Painter IX is an awesome program. I picked it up a few months ago and have been dabbling around in it. Of course, a scant couple of weeks after I got it, Painter X came out and now all of the nifty free tutorials are geared around that version. Hmph!

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate
...this is a bit of messing around I did this evening in a great little CG graphics program by Corel called Painter IX. This took a couple of hours using the oil painting setup and my Intuos pad. The program can imitate everything from crayola to watercolor. Thanks for looking.

whoa....what a charming sketch..that has such a lovely, smeary, pastels look....or rather...a mixed media look, but the neato part is that it looks like ACTUAL MEDIA.....the kind that gets yer hands dirty..

The kind that analog types like myself use....

heh..

tnekkralc1956

It's partly painted in watercolor in Painter IX and partly done in Corel PhotoPaint12. The original shot is so classic I had to do something with it. Thanks, Red V...

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate
It's partly painted in watercolor in Painter IX and partly done in Corel PhotoPaint12. The original shot is so classic I had to do something with it. Thanks, Red V...

wow....how pretty.

Um..no...Thank YOU.

Me, I'm just smirking into my Mac. You hand colored it and made it all watercolory.

Lovely!

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate
analog.....

Sorry this first isn't more than a headshot.

I paint a lot of nudes....large in scale, as well as bodytype.most being 4 by 5 feet or so........ I shall take some pictures of them and post them here as I can..

More primitive and graphic than Clark's more painterly work. (well...painterly in a wholly CG sort of way...this new kind of art needs a new language..its very lovely stuff)

(thanks for the "away from home" resizing!)

View attachment Vamp 1 small.jpg