Discontinued foods

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Flyin Lilac

Jumped-up fahk.
Ripley I see those Butterfinger crunch things nearly every day at one store or another. Want me to send ya some?

Ok here's my favorite "lost" treat: Corn Diggers. Those triangular fried corn snacks that were the competition for Bugles, and in my opinion the clear winner (although I never ever turn my nose up at a Bugle). They were sorta puffy, crunchy and buttery tasting. HAD to be all the yummy trans-fat and fake butter flavoring. The company that made Diggers also made Flings (a puffed cheeto-type thing), and Pizza Wheels (round chips coated with pizza flavoring), and a few other snacks whose names I don't recall. Can't remember the company name either. Anyway my grandmother always had a stash of these goodies in her pantry (along with those rectangular coconut flavored shortbread-type cookies) for when the kiddies came to visit. Damn her ... damn her all to hell.

If I were a man, I'd give my left nut for a case of Diggers and a box of Pizza Wheels.

CandySmooch

I see many of my favorites have been mentioned too.

I still dream of the Chicken Caesar Sub at Subway......they put these awesome tiny croutons on it that tasted so good on the sandwich w/ the tang of the dressing....damn them!!!!! I keep waiting for it to come back but its been 10 years.

Pizza Hut Big Foot Pizza.......remember how it was like 3 feet long?
Pizza Hut Triple Decker pizza......thin crust with toppings topped with another crust
Pizza Hut Sicilian Pizza - it was just a rectangle w/ seasoning in the crust

and I agree Pizza Hut doesn't taste like it used to at all - I got a stuffed crust pizzza after not having one since they first came out and it tasted horrible! nothing like it used to.

I crave the original McChicken sandwiches so much that I dream about them - I bought one on the dollar menu hoping it would taste similiar......yuck!! I actually took 2 bites and threw it out! Their new crispy chicken sandwiches pale in comparison to the original on the sesame bun....maybe we should start a petition?

Those little chocolate or vanilla pudding pies in the crescent shaped kinda crust? I can find the fruit filled ones but never the pudding.

I remember the baked flavored tostitos as well, but my all time favorite chip was Ruffles The WORKS.....OMG they are TO DIE FOR! I can't find them anywhere at all!

This thread only makes me very very sad :(

View attachment ruffles-works.jpg

jewels_mystery

Urban Hippie
1. Toaster Pizzas - they were kind of like a hot pocket but thinner dough and were circular, and they were filled with cheese and sauce.

2. 7-Up Gum - it was just like the Freshen Up gum, cubed gum filled with liquid gooey center, they had 7-Up, Sprite, Orange, and Cherry 7-Up - the SHIT!

3. Entenmann's MILK CHOCOLATE Donuts - much better than the Rich Frosted kind they've had forever, they were moist and delicious and gone forever, sniffle

4. Chocolate Snap Cookies - Nabisco made these. They were regular chocolate cookies, light brown and had a design of a cat on them scraped in - like the Goldfish crackers have the smiles scraped in. The box was red and had a 'Chococat' type drawing on it.

5. Snapple 'Samoan Splash' - a drink made with the Cupuacu fruit from Brazil, best Snapple ever.

6. Nestle 'Alpine White' - white chocolate, basically it was the non rice crisp version of the Nestle White Crunch bar, it was just white chocolate and that's it, no stupid rice crisps in it.
I didn't realize they stopped making the chocolate donuts. those where the best. No wonder I can't find them when I go back home. waaaaaaa

jewels_mystery

Urban Hippie
When I was a little girl my grandmother used to buy me Tahitian Treat to drink.. I LOVE THIS STUFF:wubu: but have not been able to find it in my area for a long long time :(. Last time I had some was when I went to Hawaii back January of 1997.

I love that stuff. They still sell it. I know in NY, its usually sold in the worst neighborhoods.

traveldude1961

Apollo cakes, a chocolate cake with kreme laced through it, really good.

a candy bar called welchs fudge bar, only one store in neighborhood carried it.

Frenchs made this stuff called pasta shakes, it was flavored cheese that was great on plain pasta.

Chocdiles, basically chocolate covered twinkies

Rojodi

Pizza Hut Bacon Double Cheeseburger pizza.

Toppings were bacon, onions, hamburger and cheddar cheese

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
Godiva Irish Creme Coffee

I don't know if this counts as discontinued since the whole place closed up lol, but I love the Little Caesars bucket of breadsticks. I didnt care about the pizza, but man I could eat those breadsticks forever!!

and Ben and Jerry's Cool Brittania and White Russian.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
Thanks for letting me know that Manhattan clam chowder is at least MADE. Now that I'm armed with that information, I'll have a little chat with my grocery store manager. I do so love that stuff.

Jane, not sure about netgrocer.com but even if they do ship to Alaska, it's likely to be pricey. EVERYTHING is, the bastidges.

You know I can ship things up there pretty cheap. If ya ever need something just let me know!

Sugar

Apollo cakes, a chocolate cake with kreme laced through it, really good.

a candy bar called welchs fudge bar, only one store in neighborhood carried it.

Frenchs made this stuff called pasta shakes, it was flavored cheese that was great on plain pasta.

Chocdiles, basically chocolate covered twinkies

They still make chocodiles, I had one yesterday....or maybe I had a super old one? lol

traveldude1961

I do recall seeing them in New york a couple years ago, but no longer sold here in Boston Area

cute_obese_girl

Herbivore
*bump*

Mother's Cookies has ceased operations :( East Coasters might not know this brand because the factory was in California. For those who love Mother's, you better go out and get some before you can't anymore. The grocery store by my house hardly had anything left. I'll miss you Circus Animal Cookies

Deven

Wendigo
Planter's PB Crisps. Those things were so amazing. It was this awesome outside cookie with sweet peanut butter. I hated peanut butter as a kid, but those I could eat until the cows came home.

This is a very recent discontinue: The Cheesy Bacon Tendercrisp at Burger King. Oh my god. My mom and I ate a ton of those things.

Original Jolt Cola. The crap they have in the can has so many herbal/other additives it tastes like a regular energy drink. Blech.

Nesquik Cookies N Creme drink powder. Think oreo flavored milk without the actual cookies.

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I miss Torengos--dip those things in salsa and cheese...OMG heaven!
Taco Bell made a "pizza type thing" (cant remember the name of it) but it was on a cracker type crust. I LOVED that thing.

Since I worked there for over 8 years, I do not miss anything that Pizza Hut makes.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Pepsi Holiday Spice! It was a limited time thing in 2004 and again in 2006, and both times I stocked up like crazy. How I miss it. <3.

sunnie1653

Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)
Pepsi Holiday Spice! It was a limited time thing in 2004 and again in 2006, and both times I stocked up like crazy. How I miss it. <3.

I thought I saw that in Oklahoma here last year .... I tried it when it first came out and I personally didn't care for it. I'm glad someone loved it. :D

I must say I'm very intrigued by a Chocodile and I really really want one!!

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I thought I saw that in Oklahoma here last year .... I tried it when it first came out and I personally didn't care for it. I'm glad someone loved it. :D

I must say I'm very intrigued by a Chocodile and I really really want one!!
Ah, really!? I don't remember seeing it! If it's there again..let me know! I'll try to get my relatives in Oklahoma to send me some!

Goddess Patty

Here for the buffet :)
Taco flavored Doritos. I used to eat them by the bagfulls.

and the Cashew special pizza at Pizza Hut. It was sausage, cashews and onions on pan pizza. :eat2:

And ripley, my ex hubby works for nestles and I can get you all the butterfinger crisps your little heart desires. just let me know if you want me to send you some!

Latest posts