How do you feel about marijuana?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Anm4521

Not everyone should drive high. I have been driving high for years though and never have had any problems. The fact that im high doesnt hurt my driving. my body is so use to being high it really doesn't effect my driving skills in a negative way at all. I've never once been in an accident. i drove from minnesota to AZ both ways high. to cali to nevada. high the entire time. Call me wreckless and endangering others or whatever but I know what i'm capable of and if i was too impaired i wouldn't do it. I'm proly a much better driver high or not high then most people I know. if your not a seasoned smoker with a high tolerance like I have you shouldn't drive.I do almost everything high so driving isn't difficult for me at all and my past proves that. If i were to get in a car accidnet I gurantee you it would happen reguardless of me being high or not.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
Not everyone should drive high. I have been driving high for years though and never have had any problems. The fact that im high doesnt hurt my driving. my body is so use to being high it really doesn't effect my driving skills in a negative way at all. I've never once been in an accident. i drove from minnesota to AZ both ways high. to cali to nevada. high the entire time. Call me wreckless and endangering others or whatever but I know what i'm capable of and if i was too impaired i wouldn't do it. I'm proly a much better driver high or not high then most people I know. if your not a seasoned smoker with a high tolerance like I have you shouldn't drive.I do almost everything high so driving isn't difficult for me at all and my past proves that. If i were to get in a car accidnet I gurantee you it would happen reguardless of me being high or not.
If you take out the 'I've never once been in an accident' this post is word for word at least a dozen speeches my brother has given. Yeah--he knows himself too. Yeah, he's a seasoned smoker. Yeah, he even grows his own shit and fancies himself an herbologist like an erzatz scientist to legitimize the potency, purity and legitimacy of his claims.

It's one thing to bullshit yourself. It's another to put others at risk.

deanbpm

Prohibition does not work, every drug should be legalized and regulated including hard drugs.

Apart from the obvious decrease in crime I really do think that a legal drugs policy will actually reduce the number of people addicted to hard drugs and those who are addicted will have access to pharmaceutical grade drugs which will reduce the number of deaths by overdose and adulterants. Treatment will also be a lot more accessible and open.

Good thread by the way.....oh and no one should drive high.

Anm4521

Prohibition does not work, every drug should be legalized and regulated including hard drugs.

Apart from the obvious decrease in crime I really do think that a legal drugs policy will actually reduce the number of people addicted to hard drugs and those who are addicted will have access to pharmaceutical grade drugs which will reduce the number of deaths by overdose and adulterants. Treatment will also be a lot more accessible and open.
yup i agree. it's been provin to do exactly thatin other countires as well.

Noir

I'm a proud 420 smoker. I smoke every day and lead a highly functional life. As for driving impaired, I have never driven while under the Influence. I don't judge people who do because I havesome frinds who drive every day high and they havnt hadone car accident. It really depends on the persons biology make up. Part of me wantsto see it legalized but another part of me doesn't because of all the taxes that would go with it. Just get a medicinal card lol. And remember.... It's always 4:20 somewhere

deanbpm

yup i agree. it's been provin to do exactly thatin other countires as well.

I think its a disgrace that billions are spent a year fighting the drugs 'war' which will never be won. If they were all legalized just a fraction of that money could be spent on actually helping people with drug problems and the reasons behind their addictions.

Your Plump Princess

Just dancing with shadows
For Medicinal Uses, I'm Pro Legalization.

In my fantasies I'd be all "Legalize it all!" but reality is REAL and the fact of the matter is, it'll never happen.

As far as people saying "But, even if we legalize it for medicine, children/people who aren't in need of it could get a hold of it!" ..Yeah? Like they do with -Every- narcotic medication. I've seen documentaries about 70 year old women selling their Vicoden or Oxy's, people making up stories to get them, teens stealing them out of their relatives medicine cabinets, ect. At least Marijuana won't have the organ-killing side effects most of those pills do. If it's there, it's going to be abused by -someone-. People really need to stop looking at pot like it's the most terrible thing in the world. When you get people selling pot laced with PCP or LSD or God-Knows-What? THAT'S when it's an issue. But if it's Taxed and Regulated, at least you'll know your not getting something that's going to KILL you. Ya know?

/Rambles but makes no sense.

Tracyarts

" So, how do you feel about it? Should it be legalized? Do you feel it affects driving and other activities as much as, say, alcohol? Do you have any friends who use it for medical purposes? "

I don't think it's much of a problem, most people I know who use it are functioning members of society, just like most of the drinkers I know. I also think that it should be legalized with some of the same restrictions as alcohol, and with the provision that people have the right to grow their own if they wish. As far as it affecting driving and other activities? Of course it can, just like alcohol, many prescription drugs, and some OTC drugs do. The only person I know who has used it for medicinal purposes is myself (although not legally). I used it as an alternative to the prescription painkillers and muscle relaxers that my doctor gave me for severe menstrual cramps. It eased the pain, didn't cause nausea like the prescription stuff did, and left me more clear-headed and functional than the prescription medications. To me it has value as something enjoyable as well as something theraputic.

Tracy

KHayes666

Go away

Good thread by the way.....oh and no one should drive high.

Prohibition never worked for anything. Even the alcohol ban of the 20's was an epic disaster.

penguin

Fnord
DimensionsModel
I think it should be decriminalised at least. I used to smoke it when I was younger, though I'd never need much (other people would spill more than I'd smoke, I was a complete Cadbury with it). It was fun, but I'd never be able to do anything useful after getting stoned. Except sex, hah.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
legalize it and take the criminal element right out of it

but it is a substance that shouldn't be taken if you're going to drive

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
I have no issues with people who smoke pot. I've tried it and don't like it.

I have a problem with people who take any drug (including Pot) and drive. I don't care how good a driver you think you are, your impaired.

Shosh

Susannah
Because it's fun?

Yeah maybe when you were in high school. What I hate is seeing people that are still smoking it everyday in their 30's and 40's. It may be time to move on, and do something with your life.:rolleyes:

Long term chronic usage of Marijuana damages the brain. Fact.

As for those who believe it is ok to drive stoned, how dare you. Such arrogance.
You have a responsibility to other road users to be in complete control of your faculties.

Don't give me that crap that you do not have any level of impairment.

I hope you get caught, and they throw the book at you.

Latest posts