Preference VS fetish.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
...There are clearly two camps of thought here and it's been proven yet again on this thread that those two sides cannot come to an agreement and that no one is changing anyone elses mind. ... I just don't see the need for this type of ongoing debate. Feel free to enlighten me.
Debates are worth having for the simple reason that they can help people who disagree come to an understanding and a compromise.

Here's the evidence of that:

Glad you agree, thighs.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
In a general sense, I would agree with that but in this particular issue I see very little compromise or understanding going on and instead, lots of finger pointing and arguing. In this type of situation wouldn't it be easier and more beneficial to agree to disagree and let someone in power make a decision?

Santaclear

User
In a general sense, I would agree with that but in this particular issue I see very little compromise or understanding going on and instead, lots of finger pointing and arguing. In this type of situation wouldn't it be easier and more beneficial to agree to disagree and let someone in power make a decision?
If this were really true then nothing should be discussed. You had to be there, thatgirl.

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
Well, that would be another way of going about it... maybe even a better one, theoretically. But try to get consensus on how best to arrive at "agreeing to disagree" without someone wanting to do it some other way...

In this case, some people felt it was important to talk about this in public. The finger pointing and arguing are bad distractions from the issues, I agree, but unfortunately those kinds of negatives seem to come part and parcel with the idea of public debate. Once an idea is out in the open, anyone is free to jump in and criticize it.

Sugar

Glad you agree, thighs. Other posters have already suggested the password option, in language that isn't inflammatory or derogatory of those they are debating.

Oh, yeah. And that's something else you've done for size acceptance. :happy:
I stand corrected. Still a wonderful idea. :)

mollycoddles

I've been avoiding this thread at all costs because I honestly can't stand some of these discussions but I have to say this. I don't understand why this is so long and dragged out. There are two options here, option 1 - change the library (eliminate it, put a password on it, whatever) or 2 - don't change the library. There are clearly two camps of thought here and it's been proven yet again on this thread that those two sides cannot come to an agreement and that no one is changing anyone elses mind. So my question for all of you is, what's next? Are we going to continue debating this? It's a waste of time and no one's having any fun and it's just creating a lot of negativity. If you sincerly have an issue with the library, why not PM a mod or Conrad and discuss the issue with him or make some sort of proposal for a change? I just don't see the need for this type of ongoing debate. Feel free to enlighten me.
No worries, it is an invigorating debate!

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Well, that would be another way of going about it... maybe even a better one, theoretically. But try to get consensus on how best to arrive at "agreeing to disagree" without someone wanting to do it some other way...

In this case, some people felt it was important to talk about this in public. The finger pointing and arguing are bad distractions from the issues, I agree, but unfortunately those kinds of negatives seem to come part and parcel with the idea of public debate. Once an idea is out in the open, anyone is free to jump in and criticize it.
You're totally right, I just wonder why people continue to press issues that are likely to be unresolvable.

I honestly am not trying to be a bitch in saying this, as I've been part of many 'invigorating debates' on this board but to me, there becomes a point where enough is enough. This issue has been beaten to death in this and in many other threads. It comes down to one fundamental difference in ideology. It's like, trying to debate whether God is real? Yeah, it can be interesting and fun at times but mostly it ends up in a lot of fighting and negativity and hardly anyone ever changes their mind.

Posting on this thread. You haven't been and that's cool - people who are interested should post and those who aren't shouldn't. You were saying the discussion shouldn't happen. No prob.
I wasn't really saying the discussion shouldn't happen at all, simply that it has many, many times and that the same disagreements are being discussed over and over and over again ad nauseum. Beating a dead horse and all.

Santaclear

User
I wasn't really saying the discussion shouldn't happen at all, simply that it has many, many times and that the same disagreements are being discussed over and over and over again ad nauseum. Beating a dead horse and all.
Not telling you to read it but it's been kinda interesting, not really a dead horse. See what Molly said?

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Not telling you to read it but it's been kinda interesting, not really a dead horse. See what Molly said?
See what I said back?

I honestly am not trying to be a bitch in saying this, as I've been part of many 'invigorating debates' on this board but to me, there becomes a point where enough is enough. This issue has been beaten to death in this and in many other threads. It comes down to one fundamental difference in ideology. It's like, trying to debate whether God is real. Yeah, it can be interesting and fun at times but mostly it ends up in a lot of fighting and negativity and hardly anyone ever changes their mind.

Sugar

:rolleyes: This is the best debate.

Wait, no, it's not. It's still really fucking stupid.
I think that you kinda took it off track by asking why.

If you don't want in on it, don't get in on it. No one is forcing you and at a point if a mod wants to shut it down they will.

In the mean while...any thoughts on the stories and the discord between reality and fantasy that seems to clash on this forum?

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I don't care if you fucking like it or not. Sorry if I wasn't more rude to you first time around.
Let's beat this horse some more. Okay, first I'm going to quote your original response post to me and point out how you actually were pretty assholeish and then I'm going to quote Fasc as an example of someone who wasn't a dick and then you're going to pick apart my entire two sentence post and tell me how I was actually starting the fight, and then I'm going to respond and tell you that you're wrong and that you started the mean spirited posting and then maybe if I'm feeling extra cunty I'll add in some examples of how your spelling and/or grammar was incorrect and maybe even a dictionary.com link or two about how you didn't use a word correctly and then maybe you can write back and we can dissolve this into a huge shit-slinging fest about how we don't like each other and I'm a child and I should probably just shut the fuck up.

THIS IS SO INVIGORATING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts