Secret Message Service!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

What kind of messages should be allowed?

• Positive only! Smiles all around.

• Positive AND negative! More fun, after all.

• Negative only! I realize this isn't actually an option, but I'm a jerk.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Considering the 10 things thread, everyone seems to enjoy writing messages for unnamed parties. But what about the other way around? I’ve seen plenty of colleges start pages that allow people to leave anonymous compliments for people - so why not give it a try here?

Obviously, the process can’t quite be as straightforward. But here’s how it (maybe, hopefully…) works:

1. Updated Link (Jun 11)

2. Write your message - including the username of the person you are writing to.

3. Once a few new messages are submitted, I’ll post a group of them on the thread.

4. Enjoy any messages that might get posted about your wonderful self! Feel free to reply within the thread!

A few additional notes and matters of contention:

I made it so everyone can take the survey as frequently as they wish. IP addresses are turned off, so there’s seriously no identifying information.

The primary question is: What kind of comments are permitted? Obviously if a message is too offensive/inappropriate, it’ll get filtered out no matter what. But otherwise, I wasn’t sure where to draw the line.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Alrighty - we have our first 6 messages! I'll always post them in (mostly) alphabetical order - mostly because I figure I might mess up at some point, and I don't need to be criticized for it :doh:

Amaranthine, You are gorgeous, intellectual, hilarious, and you like Tacos. You're alright in my book. We should have sex and get married at some point in time.

Cobra Verde, you are way too bangable to waste all your time being a jerk. Post some more pictures already.

Esther: You were always so sweet, and I enjoyed talking with you. I always wished we could get to know each other better. I hope you are happy, and get everything you want out of life.

Gingembre: You are so cute I can barely stands it!

JenFromOC: You were a big part of my life, but nothing ever came of it. I do miss hearing from you.

SurlySomething: You're one of the few who is willing to speak your mind, and to speak sense even when it isn't what others want to hear. Just know you're valued by MANY people here, not just me.

Archetypus

Perhaps you should just post everything and let the mods sort it out?

When you've figured out the level of offense/inappropriate thing, maybe I'll join in the fun. For instance...

Would these be considered offensive OR inappropriate?:

X, this thread is dollar-store lubricant to the bone-dry circle jerk that is the BHM/FFA subforum.
or
X, your seemingly ubiquitous popularity baffles me. You make the same 'Baby's First Orgasm' face in every photo you insist on spamming the forum with, and you come off as completely inauthentic to me.
or
X, you're very pretty & I like your attitude. If hardcore sodomy appeals to you on any level, you should let me know.
You can see my dilemma...
Can I freely insult the forum?
Can I be brutally honest with cringe-inducing tryhards?
Can I proposition the innocent with possible "trigger language" like "face-rape" et al?

Many would interpret what I said as mean & vulgar, even if it wasn't my intent.

And if the moderators decide this twists their nipps too far to the left, who suffers the fallout? Surely it wouldn't be fair if you shouldered all the blame? I mean, then we start dealing with issues of selective censorship & favoritism & the subjectivity of language etc.

It's a pickle...

Esther

Queen Black Acid
You can see my dilemma...
Can I freely insult the forum?
Can I be brutally honest with cringe-inducing tryhards?
Can I proposition the innocent with possible "trigger language" like "face-rape" et al?

Many would interpret what I said as mean & vulgar, even if it wasn't my intent.

It's a pickle...
Well, you might as well just insult/upset people to their faces now that you have shown everyone exactly what type of messages you would like to send, and the language you intend to use.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Solution: voluntary roast thread.

The masochists post that they're willing, and then let the insults fly.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Melian again.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Round 2!

Amaranthine - I love your sense of humor. (Aw, thank you!)

Archetypus: You seem like a sweet guy

Esther: stop making me so MOIST.

Freakyfred: take off your pants.

Hozay: everytime you open your mouth I want to put my wang in it.

ODFFA: You are so sweet and kind, I admit I miss hearing from you but thank you for the few messages we did share, I hope everything goes well for you!

bbwbud

Sounds great, but I confess to being a little disappointed, because I first read the header as "secret massage service!", which may even be more fun, depending on who the secret massager happened to be. :)

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
Solution: voluntary roast thread.

The masochists post that they're willing, and then let the insults fly.
Not a horrible idea but there is no way that would end well for anyone.
I did it once on another board, offering myself up (Christ-like) as the roastee to get the ball rolling but it never took off. A couple people got into it but everyone else just did the posting equivalent of standing around awkwardly at a junior-high dance.
In retrospect everyone but the subject was to blame.