Quantcast

The thread for random single confessions!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ODFFA

It's the first week of term for me and we are starting it with a chapter on interpersonal attraction. Week of contemplating my FFA-ness and feeling all romantic - bring it on 🥰

ODFFA

Being into dad bod guys does not make you an FFA any more that saying Nicki Minaj is hot makes you into BBW.
Even though I wouldn't want to mess with how anyone wants to self-identify, I must cheekily confess to having a similar feeling about this as you. Although, I guess there are also people who are into a whole spectrum of sizes for a variety of respective "reasons," which is obviously also valid. And they should get to use any terms they feel are fitting to them. But personally, I do like the thought of the term (F)FA referring somewhat specifically to people who like... more of a generous amount of padding. ☺

Last edited:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
The other 'gateway' that I used to hear was 'lumberjack type' (implying big, burly, bearded). As far as I could tell it got categorized as 'out of the mainstream a bit, but relatable enough to most to not raise eyebrows'.

Ffancy

The other 'gateway' that I used to hear was 'lumberjack type' (implying big, burly, bearded). As far as I could tell it got categorized as 'out of the mainstream a bit, but relatable enough to most to not raise eyebrows'.
Yeah, “lumberjack type” is pretty much code for “muscle chub" i.e. a man who is muscular but has some extra padding as well!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Yeah, “lumberjack type” is pretty much code for “muscle chub" i.e. a man who is muscular but has some extra padding as well!
It does embody a few traits often associated with masculinity: strength, out-doorsy ruggedness, hairyness, and sheer size. It may not have the status associations that are often looked for in a mate, but I get the feeling that the majority of women can relate to the attraction of at least some of its associated traits.

To get kind of on topic for the thread: I have sufficient aversion to masculinity that as I got heavier I assiduously stayed clean shaven and avoided plaid and flannel, wanting to stay very clear of any lumberjack comparison. In hindsight, I probably had nothing to worry about on that front 🤣

Latest posts