Tired of hearing about MJ

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Mathias

SAMCRO
Now, wait a minute -

First I'm told not to post in the "Michael Jackson RIP" thread, and now you're telling me not to post HERE???

I will post whatever I damn well please here, whether you like it or not. People like you who don't want to face reality about the Gloved Pervert should stay over on the "RIP" thread.
You're the one who can't face reality that people like me were able to separate what he did or didn't do in his personal life from his musical talent and are mourning his passing.

Mathias

SAMCRO
Like you said I'll post where I damn well please- and be respectful about it.

Reactions: Isa

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
Like you said I'll post where I damn well please- and be respectful about it.
If you continue posting pro-Michael crap on this thread, you're not being respectful of those who do not share your opinion.

Tina (the moderator) has already said that pro-Michael stull belongs on the "RIP" thread, and opposing opinions belong here. PLease follow her recommendation.

Mathias

SAMCRO
If you continue posting pro-Michael crap on this thread, you're not being respectful of those who do not share your opinion.

Tina (the moderator) has already said that pro-Michael stull belongs on the "RIP" thread, and opposing opinions belong here. PLease follow her recommendation.
You're not being respectful if you're calling people irrational and saying we need to go the fuck somewhere else Wayne.

Tina

Older and wiser now

I hadn't planned to post here, but since you are putting words in my mouth, I will need to clarify.

No, actually what I did was make a request that people be respectful that someone has died and that there are some who are mourning and/or who just would like to honor or remember him. I also made a request that if people want those who are coming in and making unkind posts there, to stay away from that thread, that it's better to leave this thread be. I did make the request as a fellow poster, not as a moderator.

It would be nice if you could not be so nasty in telling people to go to the other thread, as those who have asked you and others to stay out of that thread. No one has cussed at you there.

And no, there is no more HP; let's not act like there is, please. <---- THAT was said as a moderator.

OrnateGenius

Ok, this may make me seem like a cold hearted bitch, but I am so tired of hearing about Michael Jackson. I turn on the news because I want to see news, you know, about things going on in the world and ALL of the channels here local and national are ONLY about MJ.

Other people have died today. Wars are still going on. Crime did not stop happening. Politicians did not stop lying. MP's did not stop stealing money.

I understand the need to pay tribute to those who have made a difference, but come on! Is one human life worth more than the next??? I understand he made a difference in a lot of lives, but what about people in the red cross in foreign countries who die? We never hear about them and they are doing good for people....real good.

Grrr. I've probably pissed everyone off, but I really hate this obsession people have with celebrities. They are just people. People are born, people die.

PS-RIP MJ, this is nothing personal, you were human like the rest of us.
I fully agree with you, and also try to let others know. People are always fascinated about what is in the media. Its up to the person decide what fascinates them. Media ooglers blech

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
I hadn't planned to post here, but since you are putting words in my mouth, I will need to clarify.

No, actually what I did was make a request that people be respectful that someone has died and that there are some who are mourning and/or who just would like to honor or remember him. I also made a request that if people want those who are coming in and making unkind posts there, to stay away from that thread, that it's better to leave this thread be. I did make the request as a fellow poster, not as a moderator.

It would be nice if you could not be so nasty in telling people to go to the other thread, as those who have asked you and others to stay out of that thread. No one has cussed at you there.

And no, there is no more HP; let's not act like there is, please. <---- THAT was said as a moderator.
Whether youintend to post as a moderator or not, Tina, all your posts carry the weight of a modeator.

All I ask is that if people want their opinions respected, they should respect the opinions of others. I stopped posting in the other thread yesterday, because it was getting people upset.

And you have to realize that since I lived in NJ for 42 years, the "F" word just comes out from time to time as a normal figure of speech. I'll try to tone it down - all I want to do is express my opinion without being told I'm wrong. That's what people are getting over on that other thread - I should expect no less here.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
LOL:doh:

And yet, ya kinda know exactly what you are doing, Mathias...technically ok, or not.;)

----
As for who to blame. I guess alllllllllllllllll those MJ fan(atics) who continued to buy his music and idolize him, even after the first accusations...they also kinda-sorta offered those additional kids up on a silver platter. enabling him, by padding his bank account, and defending him like rabid animals. Hey, those parents were also just being loving and loyal fans, who would NEVER believe such a thing about MJ.

There is a LOT of blame to go around in situations like this...a lot. I would start by getting in Joe Jackson's face. That is one person who hopefully has not had one good nights sleep. I do feel some empathy, after the hot anger, for adults who were so totally fucked with as children, that they are groomed to pay it forward. Add in the sick obsession with celebrity, and no way shit was not going to hit the fan.

I mourn the child Michael Jackson.

Edens_heel

PRo-Michael posts belong on the other thread - not here.
Anti-Michael posts don't belong here either. This is a thread about being tired of hearing about him, not for tearing the man a new one because you've got an achy-breaky over whatever did or did not happen.

There's a level of vitriol that is revealing itself here that is making me so happy that Hyde Park is no more.

You claimed to be rational about it, but the responses you are posting to fairly timid and soft-spoken comments are layered with a severe amount of spite that is not warranted against your fellow dimmers, regardless of differing opinions.

This isn't the place for that. Hell, this is the LOUNGE. Let's just relax and Valium-up for a day, shall we?

Reactions: Tau

Mathias

SAMCRO
Anti-Michael posts don't belong here either. This is a thread about being tired of hearing about him, not for tearing the man a new one because you've got an achy-breaky over whatever did or did not happen.

There's a level of vitriol that is revealing itself here that is making me so happy that Hyde Park is no more.

You claimed to be rational about it, but the responses you are posting to fairly timid and soft-spoken comments are layered with a severe amount of spite that is not warranted against your fellow dimmers, regardless of differing opinions.

This isn't the place for that. Hell, this is the LOUNGE. Let's just relax and Valium-up for a day, shall we?
Agreed. I watched all of the coverage and documentaries they had but I got tired of seeing it so I turned the TV off. Doesn't mean I'm glad the man died.

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962

Stop telling me what I should say or think.

People like Michael Jackson evoke very strong opinions in others - either very positive or very negative. Very few people have no opinion in Michael Jackson. I thought he was over-rated when he performed with the Jackson 5, and m opinion never changed. What is really bothering me s that far too many people are glossing over his perversion to concentrate on his music. I say you can't separate the two - his pedophilia was as much a part of his as his singing and dancing.

And while they say you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, some people deserve it, IMHO. And this is just such a case.

So again - stop telling me what I should say or think.

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
Agreed. I watched all of the coverage and documentaries they had but I got tired of seeing it so I turned the TV off. Doesn't mean I'm glad the man died.
No one is glad he died, Mathias. I for one am just sick and tired of people elevating him to sainthood, and ignoring his dark side.

Mathias

SAMCRO
No one is glad he died, Mathias. I for one am just sick and tired of people elevating him to sainthood, and ignoring his dark side.
I wouldn't say sainthood, but given what he did for the music industry I'd say everything good that people are saying about him is deserved. And maybe people are ignoring it because he wasn't convicted of it.

Latest posts