Virgin Roll Call

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Jes

is oddly aroused
Really? Who cares. It should be your own personal business. Is there a thread declaring your non-virginity?
Since there are over 100 responses in this thread, I'm guessing lots of people care, so that answers your first question. To your second question I say: are we basing threads we can, or should, start on whether there's an opposing thread someplace already? That's a unique interpretation of a message board.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Since there are over 100 responses in this thread, I'm guessing lots of people care, so that answers your first question. To your second question I say: are we basing threads we can, or should, start on whether there's an opposing thread someplace already? That's a unique interpretation of a message board.
It was my reply to Mcbeth's questioning. So, it was my opinion on the thread. People really shouldn't care about another's virginity status, maybe I should have clarified that.

But thanks for answering on her behalf.

Jes

is oddly aroused
It was my reply to Mcbeth's questioning. So, it was my opinion on the thread. People really shouldn't care about another's virginity status, maybe I should have clarified that.

You're very welcome!

I suspect that this isn't about whether you, or I, or any other non-virgin cares about a virgin's status, but instead, whether the virgin cares!

Sometimes, people bond over shared traits, even if the reasons behind them are very different or the traits aren't especially significant. I don't find it wrong to want to seek out others with whom you have something in common; if I did, I guess I wouldn't be at Dims.

LovelyLiz

I do. You don't know me, so you don't know if i'm being defensive or not, really. I just don't see what the big deal about declaring your virginity is. Really? Who cares. It should be your own personal business. Is there a thread declaring your non-virginity?
Right. I said that your responses *seemed* defensive. And they did, at least to me. You came into a thread where people talk about being virgins and said, "hey, non-virgins, you're cool too!" The impetus from that is coming from somewhere, and yeah, I don't know you, that's why I was asking.

While I agree with Jes' point that in posting a new thread it really doesn't matter whether there are threads on the other side of the equation, the reality is that here there are a lot of threads devoted to how people have sex, in what positions, with what kinds of fantasies, and all kinds of other ways people declare their non-virgin status (albeit indirectly). Everyone's sex life is their personal business, but people talk up one side and down the other about the very specific details of their sex lives all the time here. I don't see why someone talking about their non-sex life should be off limits. It just seems weird.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Right. I said that your responses *seemed* defensive. And they did, at least to me. You came into a thread where people talk about being virgins and said, "hey, non-virgins, you're cool too!" The impetus from that is coming from somewhere, and yeah, I don't know you, that's why I was asking.

While I agree with Jes' point that in posting a new thread it really doesn't matter whether there are threads on the other side of the equation, the reality is that here there are a lot of threads devoted to how people have sex, in what positions, with what kinds of fantasies, and all kinds of other ways people declare their non-virgin status (albeit indirectly). Everyone's sex life is their personal business, but people talk up one side and down the other about the very specific details of their sex lives all the time here. I don't see why someone talking about their non-sex life should be off limits. It just seems weird.
I talked specifically about the PROUD aspect of it until you came along and I was compelled to justify my post.

I don't think anyone should feel ashamed that they're not a virgin nor do I think they should be proud that they are one. That's all.

Why you're taking this personally, I don't know. I didn't even direct anything to you. The person I replied to moved along pretty quick. You're still here. What's the deal with that?

Keb

Princess

In modern western society, being a virgin after about 17 is largely treated as some kind of failure. I often feel like I'm the only person my age who hasn't had sex yet, and it's an incredibly lonely feeling, even when I am sure that my reasons for waiting are good ones. (Sometimes I'm forced to wonder.) A thread like this gives me a chance to express some of my frustration, expel some of that loneliness, and reaffirm my faith in myself and my choices.

I suppose the more important question is, why do you care so much?

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
So long as you feel you've made the right choices along the way overall (virgin Or non-virgin) you have a right to be proud. Yeah, some virgins will shame non virgins for having sex before marriage, but some non virgins will shame virgins for NOT having sex before marriage. It goes both ways. I see no reason to be defensive and if you're not a virgin, I don't think it matters what a virgin feels about their choices because it doesn't affect YOU.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
In modern western society, being a virgin after about 17 is largely treated as some kind of failure. I often feel like I'm the only person my age who hasn't had sex yet, and it's an incredibly lonely feeling, even when I am sure that my reasons for waiting are good ones. (Sometimes I'm forced to wonder.) A thread like this gives me a chance to express some of my frustration, expel some of that loneliness, and reaffirm my faith in myself and my choices.

I suppose the more important question is, why do you care so much?

I made one comment. This wasn't my dogpile.

I defend myself. And that's that.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
In modern western society, being a virgin after about 17 is largely treated as some kind of failure

i think alot of people see it like that just because your an adult version you couldn't find someone to have sex with you,and that is so not true.some people wait and don't do it by choice,not because they can't get any.

Jess87

Man-Bat Groupie
This is just a disguised attempt to get a list of people to go to when sacrifices are needed, isn't it? I'm not that into volcanoes, so if I could remain at the bottom for a while, that would be awesome.

I am one, but I don't have any idealistic views or plans on losing it. I respect that most people my age are waiting for love or marriage. However, I'd just rather get my baggage down to manageable size before sucking someone else into this void... or off. Until I'm sure I won't suggest "working around my pants" I don't think it's fair to bring another person into my mess. Plus, I don't even think working around pants would work comfortably.

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
Me and my dad just had a weird conversation about my virgin-osity. He said things like me "having strong sexual urges" and that I need to act on them, since I'm at my sexual prime. I think I'm extremely weirded out. lol

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
Me and my dad just had a weird conversation about my virgin-osity. He said things like me "having strong sexual urges" and that I need to act on them, since I'm at my sexual prime. I think I'm extremely weirded out. lol
Better than my parents/whole family saying "I know you're not a virgin, but I'm going to pretend like you are. There's gotta be at least some part of you that's still innocent."

:doh:

deadly-spaghetti-o

Your voice haunts me.
I would be too... I'm glad my mom never gave me the 'sex' talk or anything like that. I was just smart enough to figure it all out on my own I guess. Haha.

GentleSavage

I don't bite too much...
I'm a 22 year old virgin, who recently went on his first date. A lot of people don't believe me when they find out I still have my v-card. Apparently I don't act like a virgin, whatever that means.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
I'm a 22 year old virgin, who recently went on his first date. A lot of people don't believe me when they find out I still have my v-card. Apparently I don't act like a virgin, whatever that means.
It must mean you don't walk like one. * nods *

darlingzooloo

This thread makes me feel better, I'm 23 and a virgin and plan on staying so until I feel it's time not to be one anymore. Sometimes I feel totally out of place when my friends are discussing their boyfriends and such, but whatevs! if it's gonna hurt like hell the first few times I want to be with someone who cares enough to make me feel good enough to forget the pain lol. ( Of course there are other reasons I'm choosing to wait, but no need to delve that deep. XP)

Latest posts