Virgin Roll Call

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
I've learned that virginity is something that needs to be approached with the utmost patience. I lost/gave mine away when I was nearly twenty, but it was after waiting for years for someone who I knew I loved, and who wouldn't take advantage of it- as much as I hate putting virginity on a pedestal- it's an important, delicate thing...

Don't worry about losing it! It will happen when it's supposed to happen! Just like your first rent check, loan, car, pet- it's just another part of life!
Eh, it can be, but it's not for everyone. I don't see virginity as a gift or anything special. It's a state of not having and everyone starts out with it. I was going to wait for Mr Right, but then decided not to wait around for someone that may or may not turn up, and had a drunken night with a friend of a friend when I was 21. I don't regret it. It didn't make a big difference in my life. I'd had sex...life went on. Would it have been better with someone I was in love with? Probably. But I wanted to have sex so I did.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Eh, it can be, but it's not for everyone. I don't see virginity as a gift or anything special. It's a state of not having and everyone starts out with it. I was going to wait for Mr Right, but then decided not to wait around for someone that may or may not turn up, and had a drunken night with a friend of a friend when I was 21. I don't regret it. It didn't make a big difference in my life. I'd had sex...life went on. Would it have been better with someone I was in love with? Probably. But I wanted to have sex so I did.
That's exactly how I feel. I don't ever think i've ever felt sad about losing it to someone I wasn't head over heels in love with.

Heyyou

I'm 31 and still a virgin, but there have been opportunities. However, each guy turned out to be a jerk once the truth was revealed, and I am SO glad I listened to that little voice inside me that I thought was wimpiness, but was wisdom.
Reverse this to other reasons i found to not "do it" towards a female partner as im a straight male and would never with a man, and you have me. Virgin here. And proud of it.

SarahLaughsAlot

I'm Proud to say i made it 21 years♥ and i hope whoever i decide to give it to is proud of me to♥

LovelyLiz

So, if you're not a virgin at 21 then a person should be ashamed?

:rolleyes:
It's possible for someone to be proud of something in their own life, and express that, without it necessarily meaning they think everyone has to live by those same standards. If someone feels pleased with their decision not to have sex (or to have sex) for whatever length of time, I don't think that directly implies that people who choose otherwise should feel bad about themselves.

HayleeRose

Im 19 and a virgin.. and sexually frustrated.. This was not part of a plan, but the opportunity just hasn't came up. This thread makes me feel a little less abnormal.

SarahLaughsAlot

It's possible for someone to be proud of something in their own life, and express that, without it necessarily meaning they think everyone has to live by those same standards. If someone feels pleased with their decision not to have sex (or to have sex) for whatever length of time, I don't think that directly implies that people who choose otherwise should feel bad about themselves.
took the words right out of my mouth, i'm just proud of me. it's a personal goal of mine. and i'm just proud i made it that far =)

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance

I wanted what I said to be food for thought. Would it be taken the same way if someone said i'm proud I lost my virginity at 16?

Morbid

I would like to say that I am proud that you all have remained virigins.. with our society being sexually based and all the STD's around.. I'd be scared to have sex..

I was a virgin untill I was 18...

just wanted to toss that out there..

Much love and respect..

Morbid

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
And to all the non-Vrigins out there, there's nothing wrong with losing it. Just be safe and enjoy yourselves! :)

LovelyLiz

And to all the non-Vrigins out there, there's nothing wrong with losing it. Just be safe and enjoy yourselves! :)
Do you really feel like the existence of this thread is somehow shaming to people who have chosen to have sex? I mean, are they going to see it and need reassurance that their choice to have sex was a legitimate one? From your responses it seems like you think that, but I can't wrap my head around why that would be the case.

Especially since being a virgin isn't exactly some greatly sought after status (at least in our broader social context), and if you're fat even moreso - it's just "confirmation" that they haven't had opportunity because of their lack of sexual desirability.

Honestly, I'm curious about your responses to this thread that seem somewhat defensive, and want to understand where you're coming from. (I guess I feel like people describing their virgin status - some by choice and some by chance - is not an act of "slut shaming".)

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Do you really feel like the existence of this thread is somehow shaming to people who have chosen to have sex? I mean, are they going to see it and need reassurance that their choice to have sex was a legitimate one? From your responses it seems like you think that, but I can't wrap my head around why that would be the case.

Especially since being a virgin isn't exactly some greatly sought after status (at least in our broader social context), and if you're fat even moreso - it's just "confirmation" that they haven't had opportunity because of their lack of sexual desirability.

Honestly, I'm curious about your responses to this thread that seem somewhat defensive, and want to understand where you're coming from. (I guess I feel like people describing their virgin status - some by choice and some by chance - is not an act of "slut shaming".)
I do. You don't know me, so you don't know if i'm being defensive or not, really. I just don't see what the big deal about declaring your virginity is. Really? Who cares. It should be your own personal business. Is there a thread declaring your non-virginity?

Latest posts