What Are You Happy About Today? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianbbw4u

I just booked flights to Mexico for 19 days!!! My b'f is finally home after working away from home for over 3 months.

FreeThinker

I'm quite pleased that my company got me out of the 2014 Peterbilt 587 that I've had for the last year and a half and into a 2015 Volvo 670.

Less sleeper room, but much nicer to drive, with many controls that I had to stretch for on the Pete's dashboard now within reach with my hands on the wheel.

Brum, brum!

Victoria08

Finally convinced the dealership that there is something definitely not right with my car and it was NOT being caused by my driving (which is what they told me on 3 separate occasions. Because, ya know. I'm a woman and I couldn't possibly be driving the correct way and I definitely don't know anything about cars! :rolleyes: )
Getting my clutch replaced - at no cost to me. I call that a win.

Ho Ho Tai

Spring message May 2016

Friends - I sent this message to a number of off-board friends. Why not send it to my Dimensions friends too? I am putting links in the photography and exercise threads also.

Even though the sun was shining, I was feeling a bit morose. So many of my body parts hurt or didn’t work. How was I going to enjoy the day?

Then I heard a tapping on my window. It was Spring, newly arrived in Minnesota. “See all the presents I have brought for you!” I looked out and there they were, all shades of white, yellow and green. Those dandelions, such a nuisance in the summer, are so welcome in the spring. (Those tender young leaves make a great salad!)

I replied, "Spring, my old friend, you are as young as ever while I have become an old man. I think I had better stay inside and rest my broken body parts."

“Oh, come on!”, she said, “We have been friends for so long! I’ll lend you what you need. Now, come out and play with me.”

I did and it was delightful! The air was refreshing and I could feel new life creeping into my arms and legs.

“Why don’t you and your dear wife hop on your bikes?”, she said. “I’ll show you a new trail that I have decorated just for you.”

We mounted our bikes and I took a few spins, until my legs were under me. Then off we went.

True to her word, Spring took us on a glorious bike path through the woods, tall trees and greenery on every side, interspersed with the yellows and blues of spring flowers. The path was new and perfectly smooth. There was a new wooden bridge over a wetlands area
, long and wide and also smooth. Birds and frogs were doing their spring dances all around us. We did 16 miles and wished it were a hundred. We could have gone back and forth but had other things to do to.

When we got home, Spring assured us that her gifts would stay with us and grow into the gifts of summer, but she had to leave us temporarily. There were lots of other older folks, lonely folks, folks who needed a bit of encouragement to be what they were meant to be.

But I feel that Spring has not traveled very far away. I feel her presence in every kiss I share with my wife.

View attachment crab apple hill May 7 2016 - 5.jpg

View attachment crab apple hill blossoms May 7 2016 -6.jpg

View attachment Dandelions hill May 7 2016 -7.jpg

DianaSSBBW

Ever been so happy for someone that it just makes you happy!!

Sitting at my desk at work, I look up and see somebody that I have not seen in years. He was also my sister's best friend from a few years back.
Here is the summary conversation...
Me: Hi..(surprised) What are you doing here? Don't you live like, across the country?
Friend: I did, but I now took a job in the area.
Me: How did you know to find me here?
Friend: I read somewhere that you now had a business here.
Me: So, guess I should call you Dr. now (he has finished a PhD since I last saw him)
Friend: Smiles and asked Where is your sister?
Me: At the House
Friend: She is not at the house, I went to the house, went in, called her name and she did not answer.
Me: you went in?!!!:doh:
Friend: yep, door was open
Me: People are now starting to wonder who this tall and handsome gentleman is - so I pick up the phone, call the house, my sister answers - and I say - Somebody is here looking for you, he went to the house and you did not answer.. and I hand over the phone to the new visitor.

Happy, happy for them..

Victoria08

I hope I'm not jinxing anything...but life has been really good recently. Everything is calm and everyone in my life is happy.
Can't ask for anything more :)

Reactions: Tad

Am Jim

Got three moles removed on my face. They've always made me super self conscious but now they're gone! Hopefully they heal well. On top of that, I may get 2 more removed from my neck but otherwise today is nice, I'm off work, ordered Jimmy Johns and get to hang with my babe later.
Little things can make a huge quality of life improvement. Glad you got it done!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Yesterday I got engaged to my girlfriend! :D
That is awesome! Congrats to the two of you :) :) :)

=======================================

A couple of the nicest guys you could ever meet bought the other half of our semi-detached house a couple of years ago, and they got married on the weekend. They'd been looking pretty stressed the last couple of months and from what we could gather there had been some stress about whether or not to invite certain relatives that were not supporters of gay marriage. We happened to be outside yesterday when they got home and they both looked so relaxed and happy and apparently the wedding went just perfectly. So happy for them!

Amusingly, a couple of young women just bought the house next to them, moving in at the end of the month. If those two aren't married yet perhaps they could pick up pointers on dealing with some of those family issues? :p

x0emnem0x

Words.
I'm one day closer to my week off paid vacation. :D Also, going to an awesome concert with my babe on Sunday!

Angel

no apologies for being me
I received a very thoughtful and unexpected gift this week; something that has made me happy; and something that I dearly cherish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts