What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'm happy today because the forecast severe storm didn't come to our region, and because I'm a fat man.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
In case anyone was also wondering:

Pikelets are smaller than pancakes and are eaten in countries like New Zealand, Britain, and Scotland. They are also made of milk, flour, and eggs but their batter is thicker than pancake batter. They are made with eggs, self-rising flour, and milk. Once made, they are heavier in texture than pancakes...spread out and are thinner, they tend to be crispy on the edges.
Sounds good to me.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
@littlefairywren I am very glad you are feeling better, K ๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒˆ
Thank you, B. ๐Ÿ˜šโค
In case anyone was also wondering:

Sounds good to me.
They are good! I've always used an old recipe that includes souring the milk with a touch of lemon or vinegar, plus the addition of bi-carb soda, both of which impart a very subtle flavour. Recipe link below for anyone that is curious, with both US and metric conversions available.
View attachment 142402

Such a small serving... ๐Ÿ˜†
Duly noted, sir. ๐Ÿคฃ

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'm happy today, because I bought miso, Turkish figs and pistachio Turkish delight (the last two for Faturday night), and because I'm a fat man.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I hope it was good day, Shotha!

I'm happy because I got to reconnect (at least by video call) with some old university classmates today (we were celebrating our 30th anniversary of graduation, so 'old classmates' in two senses!) Also because it did not get as hot as forecast today :D

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Today I'm happy, because it's my birthday today and I'm celebrating it tonight, and because I'm a fat man.
Happy belated birthday, Shotha! I hope it was a good one.

I got some long awaited and very HAPPY news in the wee hours, I'm going window shopping in preparation for what are bound to be HAPPY meals, and my heart is HAPPY.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Happy belated birthday, Shotha! I hope it was a good one.

I got some long awaited and very HAPPY news in the wee hours, I'm going window shopping in preparation for what are bound to be HAPPY meals, and my heart is HAPPY.
Thank you @littlefairywren . My birthday is actually today. I meant to write, "I'm happy, because it's my birthday tomorrow..." We had a bit of a celebration last night o coincide with another event.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
That I got my nose re pierced today. I Had it done for my 40th Birthday in Feb 2020. This past June I knocked it out of my nose and down the drain while washing my face before I even knew what happened. LOL I love it even more this time than the first!
It looks good, Fluffy!
I got my nose pierced when I was 36 (hurt like a mother!), but I loved it. I've not had one in for ages, but I do kind of miss it.