What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Gingembre

radar detector
That is so cool, Gingembre! Are the job offers local to you, or will you have to move? (Or do you want to move?)
Thanks, Tad! The jobs are each about an hour commute from where I am currently based/would like to be. Not that far, but the cost of petrol is a factor, as is facing an hour's drive home after a 12 hour shift/night shift. Not ideal but manageable for a year or so. My girlfriend (also a student midwife) and I are interviewing at a hospital that's only about 30 mins away next week, so that would be my first choice, but we'll see! Just glad to have offers so i won't have to move back down to my parents!

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
My puppy is learning how to blow bubbles underwater and it is hilarious and adorable!!!

My dog Shippo is hypersensitive (think trained therapy dog level) to your heart rate and stress levels. He basically needs to comfort you, or he sits there looking utterly miserable, and nothing will console him until he makes you feel better. And it is damned hard not to feel happy and loved when he is comforting you.

Anywho, he has been comforting my hubby multiple times a night for the last few months. Basically postponing borderline stress attacks my guy didn't even know were coming on...but he walked home today and Shippo only gave him a passing kiss. Everyone can sense how much happier he is!!!

And best of all? Last week he got dressed down by his boss and was asked to book a follow up. So now, he gets to hand over his resignation letter instead of listening to his boss's BS. Doesn't get much sweeter than "I thought deeply about what you said....and here is my resignation, you capital A-hole!"

(he boss is an ass - he sticks his stinky bare feet on his desk and plays lots of manipulative games)

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
My puppy is learning how to blow bubbles underwater and it is hilarious and adorable!!!

My dog Shippo is hypersensitive (think trained therapy dog level) to your heart rate and stress levels. He basically needs to comfort you, or he sits there looking utterly miserable, and nothing will console him until he makes you feel better. And it is damned hard not to feel happy and loved when he is comforting you.

Anywho, he has been comforting my hubby multiple times a night for the last few months. Basically postponing borderline stress attacks my guy didn't even know were coming on...but he walked home today and Shippo only gave him a passing kiss. Everyone can sense how much happier he is!!!

And best of all? Last week he got dressed down by his boss and was asked to book a follow up. So now, he gets to hand over his resignation letter instead of listening to his boss's BS. Doesn't get much sweeter than "I thought deeply about what you said....and here is my resignation, you capital A-hole!"

(he boss is an ass - he sticks his stinky bare feet on his desk and plays lots of manipulative games)
Hee hee I know this feeling. I once handed in a resignation letter with a feeling that could only be described as ejaculatory. Ohhh oohhh ohhh I quit...

MsBrightside

I'm happy that I'm getting close to being finished with my summer semester courses...I've got just a few more finals to finish and I can relax for a bit...
You must be finished by now--congratulations. :) Hope your finals went well.

I was interviewed by the local Fox news in regards to my company's announcement of a 70K minimum wage. I've done a bunch of interviews in regards to that, but this one was a little different. My CEO was over at my apartment and we were just shooting the shit. It was pretty cool...
That is pretty cool--I wish we could have seen some of your interviews!

I'm officially in the Philosophy department, but I'll be on the neuro-philosophy track and affiliated with the neuroscience department as well. This semester I get to take neuroethics, neuroethology, and a seminar on free will, agency and responsibility. And I'm trying to get into a lab that studies the evolutionary bases of decision making in primates /nerding out
Wow--that's quite a course load. It all sounds right up your alley, though; and I'm glad you found a good base of operations in Atlanta. Hope the move is going smoothly. :)

I have a month left of my degree, 2 job offers and only 8 more babies to catch before I qualify. Yay :)
That's great, Gingembre--it must feel good to be in demand!

My dog Shippo...has been comforting my hubby multiple times a night for the last few months. Basically postponing borderline stress attacks my guy didn't even know were coming on...but he walked home today and Shippo only gave him a passing kiss. Everyone can sense how much happier he is!!!

And best of all? Last week he got dressed down by his boss and was asked to book a follow up. So now, he gets to hand over his resignation letter instead of listening to his boss's BS. Doesn't get much sweeter than "I thought deeply about what you said....and here is my resignation, you capital A-hole!"...
I'm so glad things are looking up for your husband, Xyantha. :happy: Sounds like the whole family will be happier.

Today and one more and then off for 4 days. It couldn't come at a better time.
Glad you're getting a bit of a break!

Tad

mostly harmless
Has he done it yet? Has he done it yet? (I may be in need of some vicarious resigning ...)

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Ahaha!

He did! 4pm yesterday he and his boss found a room to discuss his "motivation".

Hubby closed the door and announced; i have big news!!
Boss, nonplussed: oh?
Hubby, cheerfully: yep! Here is my resignation.
Boss, utterly flabbergasted: uh, oh, ok...

Long story short he went over all the reasons he was quitting, and by the end his boss was panicking in a quiet way. He said that he didnt think his boss realized how bad the company health was until he spelled it out for him (person quittin wvery two weeks, no one hired, coops cut....). He didnt go over any personal reasons because he said it looked like he had already kicked him in the nards!

He is so happy, but also nervous. Itll be 7 years for him since he got a new job, so... Big changes!!!! But he is happier and relaxed and is gettig to blow this popsicle stand! He is of rhe constitution that he has always one down with the ship before...this is the first time he has left before the company collapsed, so he is feeling rightly empowered and independent!!

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
I woke up with a headache from sleeping too much. After a few days of <6 hours of sleep, it's a delightful ailment to have.

Plus I got to go out with my new apartment-mate and his girlfriend. For the first time ever, I'm living with someone I like...and no longer have an unpleasant feeling of living in a completely new place and knowing no one. His girlfriend is asian and plans on giving me a tour of all the best Vietnamese/Korean/sushi/ramen/bubble tea places around the city, even though she's actually Laotian/Indonesian and I realize I'm doing some hardcore stereotyping by asking her if she knows where the good asian places are.

Latest posts