What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
This's something I've been feeling happy about for a while now: For all my complaining on here before about South Africa's previous president, I'd be remiss if I didn't rave about the kickass one we have now.

Ramaphosa isn't perfect, but he's been handling our shit like an absolute CHAMP during these crazy times -- making changes, some that'll even last well beyond the lockdown periods, financial and medical relief efforts, getting disparate factions of our society to work together, government officials taking pay cuts, etc, etc. I'm truly grateful and proud that he's our president.
On the weekend I was wondering how SA was handling things -- I find that the media has gone into hermit mode too. You'd think they could pick up the phone or use the internet and give some international perspective, since there isn't really much domestic news. But no, I find there is less international coverage than usual.

All of which is to say I'm glad you posted this! Also, any suggestions for a good source online for SA news? If I'm going to complain about our media not browsing the web, I should probably get on that myself.

ETA: I'm glad I made some time to get back here an caught up on a lot of threads. Still a lot of stories to read, but it feels good to be on here again.

Last edited:

ODFFA

On the weekend I was wondering how SA was handling things -- I find that the media has gone into hermit mode too. You'd think they could pick up the phone or use the internet and give some international perspective, since there isn't really much domestic news. But no, I find there is less international coverage than usual.

All of which is to say I'm glad you posted this! Also, any suggestions for a good source online for SA news? If I'm going to complain about our media not browsing the web, I should probably get on that myself.

ETA: I'm glad I made some time to get back here an caught up on a lot of threads. Still a lot of stories to read, but it feels good to be on here again.
Super late reply, I'm so sorry! timeslive.co.za is one of the best, as well as news24.com. Oh, and there's also eNCA on youtube :)

And while I'm on here: I'm happy that a certain person has been told he's no longer welcome here after he'd stolen 2 bottles of wine (and still claims to be sober hahaha. Sure you're sober. And I am yesterday years old). I am a little scared too, but the abuse would've gone on forever if no new boundary were laid down. Things may get worse before they get better, but I'm cautiously excited to not deal with any more mind games in future.

Reactions: Tad

op user

Is it comfortable in the new position or you body need to be in a weird position?

Latest posts