Quantcast

What book are you reading right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

fat hiker

Bethlehem Road, by Anne Perry.

One could definitely fall in love with Victorian London, squalor, poverty, upper class and all, reading Anne Perry's Thomas and Charlotte Pitt series. Great plotting, great characters, and great atmosphere!

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
Let's see...I recently finished TARZAN FOREVER: THE LIFE OF EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS, CREATOR OF TARZAN by John Taliaferro

Personally, I've always enjoyed the John Carter of Mars books a bit more than the Tarzan ones, which were hit or miss with me. I never knew that much about ERB and, after reading the book, I thought he was a rather interesting guy...except for his views on race and eugenics (which would make Hitler smile). Hey, the guy's entitled to his opinion.

Burroughs was essentially a failure at everything he did to make a living until he decided to take a crack at writing for the pulps and his creation of a certain jungle lord allowed him to support his wife and kids.

It's a nicely researched and well written book about a complicated guy.

I'm currently reading a small paperback called IT'S A MYSTERY: WHERE DID THEY GO? by Cheryl Pula

This is a collection of historical mysteries: Roanoke, Amelia Earhart, Flight 19, D.B. Cooper, etc...the research and writing is fine but the book could've used a tad more editing before it went to the printers. Still fun stuff though.

Orchid

My eyesight is not what it used to be. I have blurry vision as a side effects from my RX prescription cardiac meds so reading a complete book like I used to enjoy is impossible. I am this month of May browsing my gardening books. Reading short little snippets with 3+ reading glasses.

wrenchboy

Jihad Vietnam
True stories about a CIA interrogator who turns captured Vietcong into fighting for the Americans.
Loaned to me by a friend whos father is mentioned in the book.

Rojodi

I purchased "The President Is Missing."
But I need to finished most of the pulp fiction anthology first, for research purposes.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
I just finished book 20 in the Kutherian Gambit series - I read them straight through, almost, read another book to get a breather from the series, but went right back to it. 21 is the end of that ARC of the series...... seriously my need to wrap things up and finsish something is causing me distress with this one.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
At the beginning of the year, i started listening to audiobooks during my daily commute. 1 hour drive in, 1 hour drive out. So far I've "read" 22 books, mostly sci-fi. Currently, I'm listening to Count Zero (William Gibson, Sprawl #2)

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
At the beginning of the year, i started listening to audiobooks during my daily commute. 1 hour drive in, 1 hour drive out. So far I've "read" 22 books, mostly sci-fi. Currently, I'm listening to Count Zero (William Gibson, Sprawl #2)
I was a huge WG fan back in the day have you done Mona Lisa Overdrive?

Railroad Man

Anything by Stephen King, David Baldacci, John Sandford. Also Dean Koontz, although he seems to be on the way out.

kgknight

Customs of the World: Using Cultural Intelligence to Adapt, Wherever You Are.
I love cultures all around the world. Its interesting to see the similarities and differences.

Latest posts