What did you buy today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracyarts

The main thing I bought over the weekend was a new comfy chair. A Lane "Gladiator" Comfort King rocker/recliner (power model). It hasn't been delivered yet, but I will review it once I've had it a bit. It's rated for 500 pounds, extra wide and extra long, and has a motorized reclining mechanism. I don't have the strength to use a manual recliner any longer, I can't push the leg rest down with my legs to get up. I thought about getting a power lift model but it was out of my price range. And I can still get up and out of a low chair without assistance, I really just needed help with the reclining function.

I had bought a supposed "heavy duty for big people" used recliner at a yard sale last week and while it was very much oversized and roomy, it wasn't heavy duty at all. My husband broke the leg rest off, like as in the metal actually cracked, trying to push it down with his foot so I could get up yesterday. So out to the curb it went and I immediately got online and researched truly "big people friendly" recliners and found this one in my price range.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I did my grocery shopping over the weekend. Water chestnuts and kombu seaweed were on special. I love shopping for food, because I love eating. I love eating, because I love being fat. So, I love doing the grocery shopping.

Tracyarts

So, I've had a chance to use my new chair. A Lane Home Furnishings 4501P-19 Power Rocker Recliner. And yep, it's a good big people friendly recliner.

It's rated for 500 pounds. I'm just under 400 pounds and I feel very supported and secure in it. It doesn't creak, doesn't wiggle, doesn't shift when I shift my weight around in it. The motor isn't straining to recline and sit back up, and the rocker feels very secure (no fear of tipping backwards even when I'm rocking it full-out). It's wide enough (but would possibly be a squeeze for a pear shaped 400-500 pound person). And very long, I'm 5'10" and there is room to spare at both feet and head. It would easily accommodate a taller person.

The seat is firm, but not hard, and it's stable enough to get out of without struggling or losing my balance.

My only real complaint is there is no manual backup for the reclining function. If the power goes out, it breaks down, or my cat pulls the plug out of the wall outlet I'm stuck in the reclining position and will have to flail around and crawl out the best way I can.

But that aside, I'm happy with it so far.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'm going shopping shortly. I usually shop on Saturday. I love grocery shopping, because I love eating. That's why I'm a fat man and that's why I'm happy.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I bought some more sweatpants today. I just need plain black ones for work at the farm, but they need to have elastic cuffs on the legs because I'm short. It's hard to find them big enough in regular stores but I found some today that were on sale! £7 is an acceptable price for sweatpants.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
A choice (!) of what I bought today...

20200229_155229.jpg20200229_155640.jpg

in my defense each of this was a real good bargain...
shoes: >50% off (35€ iso 75€)
puma: 19€ (iso 90 € original price)
watch: 19€ (iso 99€ original price)
pan: 8€ iso 22 €
chocolates - a total of 1.4 kg (3 lbs) - 13 €
purse & necklace: 3,30€ together... (3 pieces 5 €)
😉

Shotha

DM Supporter
I went grocery shopping yesterday. I love shopping for food. I bought, among other things, 4 cans of water chestnuts and 4 cans of Kalamata olives at reduced prices. Yum yum.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Kalamata olives... the best... 😋
I love Kalamata olives. Definitely the best. Kalamata is also famous for the Kalamatianos, one of the most beautiful and popular of Greek dances, which is danced to many beautiful songs. It's also famous for it's silk.

alk27alk27

Breaker of eggs.
I got a couple things. I got my brother a birthday gift. and amongst the other groceries a container of Trader Joe’s pre made chocolate pudding. Seriously if any of you like pudding and live in the US you’ve got to do yourself a favor and buy this stuff. If I ever truly become fat, this will probably be one of the main suspects.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
1 cheesecake for me today as well.😏

plus
1 coat, 2 dresses, 1 Jeans, 3 shirts/tops

my prediction for my next post in this thread:
- a new wardrobe for all the stuff I bought over the last weeks.
- new wheel covers for my car (because I ruined mine today with my excellent parking skills... 🙄)

Orchid

German online pharmacy "Hamsterkauf" finally found a site that has all in stock. Online local sites where out of stock and/or do not sell certain items. Big jar liquid hand soap, vitamins, aromatherapy oils, OTC meds, pure 100% shea butter to mix in the oils, medicinal herbal teas, dosage mini glass.
www.bookdepository.com 2 adult coloring books Dover Publications their older flower coloring books.

Latest posts

Group builder