Quantcast

What's pissing you off today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

shandyman

My ex wont leave me the hell alone. It has been six months since we split up and I have moved on. I've already had to block him on every website we have together and now he is going to a group I am an admin in on deviantART and saying I have forced him out of the group because he 'can't stand the pain of seeing his ex's art' with everything else happening to him and generally slagging me off.

I haven't risen to it and have just ignored him and he has now left the group anyway but I am getting seriously pissed off that he wont leave me alone.
Keep ignoring him, rising to it will just make him feel more important. Sometimes it just takes people a very long time to get the message!

Treach

My ex wont leave me the hell alone. It has been six months since we split up and I have moved on. I've already had to block him on every website we have together and now he is going to a group I am an admin in on deviantART and saying I have forced him out of the group because he 'can't stand the pain of seeing his ex's art' with everything else happening to him and generally slagging me off.

I haven't risen to it and have just ignored him and he has now left the group anyway but I am getting seriously pissed off that he wont leave me alone.
Yeesh. Well, continue to not engage him on his ploys for your attention and hopefully he'll stop being a jackass sooner rather than later.

As for what's making me pissed off? My DM killed my barbarian in the first session of our new campaign. Seems like a lame thing to be pissed about, but I was looking forward to the game as an escape from what has been a shitty couple of weeks, and then I died. Womp womp.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
As for what's making me pissed off? My DM killed my barbarian in the first session of our new campaign. Seems like a lame thing to be pissed about, but I was looking forward to the game as an escape from what has been a shitty couple of weeks, and then I died. Womp womp.
That sucks :( I hope it was accidental (new characters can be fragile and dice can be fickle), but still....DM, handle with care--characters are precious to players (usually). We have hopes and dreams for them, so it isn't just a matter of filling in a new sheet of paper.

lille

Our fridge keeps turning itself off and not turning back on unless you unplug it and plug it back in. We had the repair guy out twice. First he removed built up dust. Then he replaced the broken sensor. I have no idea what the hell the problem is now but I just went grocery shopping yesterday after not being able to keep things in the fridge for a week. Not happy.

x0emnem0x

Words.
That the headset I wanted was $80 on WalMarts website, $99 in store (the $80 was only if I bought ONLINE and then went into the store to get it, WTf?), and then since I didn't want to wait, I went ahead and bout it then and there for the $20 extra dollars, and it had $8 in tax... This damn thing better be GOOD. I just spent $107 freaking dollars. The gamer life is hard... But glad I at least have a JOB now. It's ridiculous they can play with prices like that though, if you advertise $80 on the website you should be able to walk in and get it for $80. So dumb.

Treach

That sucks :( I hope it was accidental (new characters can be fragile and dice can be fickle), but still....DM, handle with care--characters are precious to players (usually). We have hopes and dreams for them, so it isn't just a matter of filling in a new sheet of paper.
It was accidental but also still the GMs fault; he picked a random CR +3 monster out of the book and determined we could handle it no problem. Turns out we could handle it, just with problem.

djudex

I'm out
My neck is killing me and has been since Friday :mad: Hot showers, drugs and heating pads have helped alleviate it somewhat but it persists! I need a volunteer FFA to come by and work this knot out of my neck!

MsBrightside

My neck is killing me and has been since Friday :mad: Hot showers, drugs and heating pads have helped alleviate it somewhat but it persists! I need a volunteer FFA to come by and work this knot out of my neck!
Aw, that sounds miserable. All that traveling you said you did this past week probably didn't help matters any. I hope you feel better soon and/or find a willing masseuse who's closer than Texas.

djudex

I'm out
Aw, that sounds miserable. All that traveling you said you did this past week probably didn't help matters any. I hope you feel better soon and/or find a willing masseuse who's closer than Texas.
Thank Ms., doing housework and stretches are loosening things up slowly but surely!

x0emnem0x

Words.
WIC... Ugh. I'm glad people use it and those who actually need it get to use the assistance, but when I have a lady come through my lane with like 5 different WIC checks, putting stuff up on the conveyor belt and obviously paid no attention to what she was buying, not only does it make her frustrated because her WIC check doesn't cover all of it, but I then have to void certain items which sometimes doesn't work and ends up leading me to void the entire order and start all over, not to mention my line then gets back up like... please pay attention to what you're buying and how much you have to spend before you get in the line.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
Where I shop, they make people do WIC as a completely separate order. As in, they put up all of their WIC items first and run that through, with the checks and everything. The cashier then calls out (like Peyton Manning) anything that isn't covered, at which point the customer can just put it aside; where I assume a re-stocker eventually comes by to pick it up. Then they complete that transaction before compiling the rest of the items in a separate order.

And, actually, come to think of it; they have a whole separate line for WIC. Like, a certain cashier or two is a designated WIC queue and everyone with WIC is diverted over to them.

Then again, there are a lot of other things about that place that don't make a lot of sense. Like why the deli always takes so long....

x0emnem0x

Words.
Where I shop, they make people do WIC as a completely separate order. As in, they put up all of their WIC items first and run that through, with the checks and everything. The cashier then calls out (like Peyton Manning) anything that isn't covered, at which point the customer can just put it aside; where I assume a re-stocker eventually comes by to pick it up. Then they complete that transaction before compiling the rest of the items in a separate order.

And, actually, come to think of it; they have a whole separate line for WIC. Like, a certain cashier or two is a designated WIC queue and everyone with WIC is diverted over to them.
Yeah, we have no special lanes for it. I wish we did... people just come in the regular lanes with everyone else, and at first I was told to "turn off my light" while I do it, so no one else would come into my lane and get frustrated that I was taking too long, but last time I did that they had me turn it back on... So it's like WTF? It's just frustrating especially like I said, when they don't pay a damn bit of attention to what they've put in their carts. Like this lady just put it all up there, I had to ask her to sort them out by which check was paying for what items, because she had like 5 of them, and then she kept having too many items... Just so frustrating.

x0emnem0x

Words.
What is WIC? (I'm assuming some sort of food stamp type program, by the sounds of it?)
Yes. Stands for Women, Infants, Children. Food assistance program for women and pregnant women or new moms... basically to help you eat healthier. i.e. - milk, juice, eggs, cheese, cereal, dry beans or peas, and peanut butter. They give you these checks with only certain types of items you guy buy, must be certain brands/types, a certain quantity, and a certain amount.

Ohio Lady

2 weeks filled out a work order for the manager to fix my garbage disposal and it still isn't fixed and he has not even come up to see what is wrong with it..

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
That the headset I wanted was $80 on WalMarts website, $99 in store (the $80 was only if I bought ONLINE and then went into the store to get it, WTf?), and then since I didn't want to wait, I went ahead and bout it then and there for the $20 extra dollars, and it had $8 in tax... This damn thing better be GOOD. I just spent $107 freaking dollars. The gamer life is hard... But glad I at least have a JOB now. It's ridiculous they can play with prices like that though, if you advertise $80 on the website you should be able to walk in and get it for $80. So dumb.
Items sold online are usually stored in warehouses out of town. Much much cheaper than being placed on the shelves of a shop in town (high business rent/rates) by an assistant who is being paid to do so, then sitting in that shop with it's bright lights, displays, psychologically thought out shelving arrangements etc etc. It's all the extra overheads that make the headset more expensive in store. If you were able to order it then collect in-store at the cheaper price that is almost always because lots of items ordered from the out of town warehouse, are delivered to stores for customers to collect them, rather than posting them out. It's all really about the costs involved , so it's not dumb.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Items sold online are usually stored in warehouses out of town. Much much cheaper than being placed on the shelves of a shop in town (high business rent/rates) by an assistant who is being paid to do so, then sitting in that shop with it's bright lights, displays, psychologically thought out shelving arrangements etc etc. It's all the extra overheads that make the headset more expensive in store. If you were able to order it then collect in-store at the cheaper price that is almost always because lots of items ordered from the out of town warehouse, are delivered to stores for customers to collect them, rather than posting them out. It's all really about the costs involved , so it's not dumb.
It was, though. Because I asked the guy, if I bought it on my phone right now, "online", could I just get one for that price? Which would've been like, the exact same headset... and he said yes. So what is the point. He said I'd have to wait a half hour but I was in a hurry anyway so I just bought it. Ended up returning it because I didn't want to buy it right now anyway, so it's whatever.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
The same migraine in and above my right ear for a month straight. Feels like I'm going crazy.

Latest posts