When did you realize what you liked, and what triggered it?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

I think seeing Violet Beauregard swell up way back when was my first. Something about that scene made me "tingle" and that was the first time I remember experiencing that feeling. Templeton in "Charlotte's Web" and the fat mouse in the Looney Tune "Bye Bye Bluebeard" really cemented it for me. And Wimpy in the TV Popeye cartoons , which I caught in reruns. Seeing their bellies swell up to huge proportions and how they were proud of their gluttony made me want to experience it for myself--that's what prompted me to start padding.

Templeton.jpgFat mouse Bye Bye Bluebeard.gifwimpy1.gifImage58.jpgwimpy.tiger burger 06.jpg

Bigdj1977

Pretty much as long as I can remember. I am a BHM who likes BBWs and SSBBWs. From childhood on I have been fascinated with and admired fat people. When I would see fat adults out and about I always wondered how much they could eat and always hoped to become that fat when I would be a grownup. We had an old paperback copy of the Guinness Book of World Records from the 70s at my house and I absolutely loved the section about the fattest men. Once I got interested in girls, it were always the chubby ones I had a crush on!

JBfromNH

I would have to name Charlotte’s Web as an early indicator as well, since I definitely felt weird when Templeton’s gain was read aloud in class. I think I was 7. Some of my earliest fantasies involved hugging chubby boys, thinking about it made me all tingly. But my first relationship as a teen was with a guy who thin in that way that only teen boys can be. I used to fantasize about him plumping up during sex. We lasted for quite a few years so it was only in my late 20s that I first experienced sex with a fat man and the eroticism was overwhelming. To be fully present and aroused by my partner’s body, instead of relying partly on fantasy, was amazing. Having unlocked the door, I never went back. All of my subsequent partners have been at least chubby. Fat bodies offer infinite variety. Every fat man is different, where their weight is distributed, how firm or soft they are, where they have stretch marks... and if they gain or lose slightly their body changes over time.
;-)

JBfromNH

My first boyfriend ever was a big, soft teddy bear with an amazing belly. I used to bring him snacks because I worked at a little convenient store during high school. I loved watching him enjoy what I brought him and then cuddling up to him afterwards. A nice big sexy man makes me feel beautiful and safe. I hope I find one someday ❤❤
Sweet!

penn17

I always liked the chubby guys in grade school. I guess I realized it when my friends in 6th grade all had crushes on Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy and I thought Patrick Stump (the lead singer who was bigger at the time) was way hotter. Then I saw Superbad when I was 13 and seeing Jonah Hill was pretty much the final confirmation for me.

Reactions: Tad

Anomaly

As a small child, before there was ever any sexual element, in an episode of Wacky Races, Dick Dastardly attempts to inflate a balloon with his breath and float to victory, and the balloon backfires and inflates him and he floats away and loses control of the situation. I guess some people would have an inflation fetish from being exposed to that, but my reaction was, haha, he's FAT now! The loss of control is tied up with it to some extent, as I've ended up as a sexually dominant sort of person.
Probably when I was about 11 I was at a school swimming lesson and noticed a fat boy in my class had boobs, and understood on some level that I was supposed to think this was bad and wrong, but wondering at the same time why it felt right.

mopsette

I have this very strong memory of lying on my dad's stomach when I was small. Just lying there listening to him breathe. All my partners have been a bit chubby (except one and although he was nice it was like cuddling a skeleton, bleh), but I didn't put it all together until a few years ago. Just gave myself a pretentious pat on the back for not being shallow. I'm definitely still dealing with some internalised fatphobia (bleh again). It's a journey and I'm reluctant to label it a kink because it seems like... such a basic thing? Anyway, it makes me feel safe. Just lying against a soft someone, listening to them breathe.

600Bill

Gaining weight - up to 390and on to 400
My wanting to be very fat and a BHM started when I was a kid - maybe 7 or 8. A boy in the same building was a year or two younger and I saw him and his nanny at a park. He had on his Sunday suit and was very very round. Even at that age and because he was so fat he had to waddle. I met his two sisters later and they were also fat. I hung out with them after school for several years until we moved and I started puking on the pounds and became very fat - over 200 pounds by 4th grade. Their father was a baker so that helped.

There was a comic book character named Herbie as I recall. Very fat and very round but a hero for me.

RVGleason

My wanting to be very fat and a BHM started when I was a kid - maybe 7 or 8. A boy in the same building was a year or two younger and I saw him and his nanny at a park. He had on his Sunday suit and was very very round. Even at that age and because he was so fat he had to waddle. I met his two sisters later and they were also fat. I hung out with them after school for several years until we moved and I started puking on the pounds and became very fat - over 200 pounds by 4th grade. Their father was a baker so that helped.

There was a comic book character named Herbie as I recall. Very fat and very round but a hero for me.
833FFA93-6A38-4340-9721-9C601CCA0C6A.jpeg
5BEFE5AA-37B3-4A7A-AAC1-B64F52D49BCC.jpeg

For me, I realized my physical attraction to BBW/SSBBWs when I was in middle school. When I got off the bus on my first day of my new school, I noticed this short but very round older woman. I also saw her huge ass and my dick when straight up. I could not stop staring. It eventually got me in trouble. Lol but I thought she was so beautiful. I didn’t tell anyone about my attraction to big women until I was in high school. I guess when I was in middle school I was embarrassed by it because I just accepted that fat meant unattractive. I felt alone because I didn’t know anyone else attracted to larger women.

I remember I was 8/9 and I recall seeing the Weird Al video for Fat and it awoke something in me, since then I’ve been a lover of the obese male.

Anomaly

I read a sanctimonious old book of moralistic stories as a child, and one of the stories was about a boy who was so fat 'his arms stuck out like pump handles'. I was disappointed with the rest of the story as I seem to remember it revolved around the boy being punished for being fat and having to change his ways, but on many occasions I reread the paragraph at the beginning about his arms sticking out like pump handles because he was so fat.

Okay. This may seem weird, but I’d love to know if others here had a similar introduction to loving all things fat Like others here, I did enjoy many of the same pop culture visual expressions of fat.

But I’ve always been a “word person” and from the time I could read, the language of fat helped bring excitement to my life. I can remember searching the dictionary and thesaurus for synonyms for fat and belly and associated words.

Just the words themselves seemed naughty and irresistible. And many of them also “sounded” round and fat. I delighted in learning new words.

Obese. Chubby. Voluptuous. Plump. Bulging. Blob. Love handles. Fat rolls.

I recall discovering the word “cornfed” and the image of a gluttonous chubby farm girl in overalls came to mind. She was enjoying buttery corn on the cob, happy as a pig at the trough.

Anyone else have their interests awakened by a dictionary or literature?

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I certainly had this interest before I was using dictionaries and thesauruses, but I also went through looking up all the definitions and synonyms for fat related stuff.

I'm sure I've said this here multiple times before, but when I kind of knew what I liked, as opposed to just liking it, was reading a kids book that was a fake-fairytale, called The Pumpkin Giant. (You can find the text online here, and searching will bring up some illustrations). In it the princess and her eventual prince are both so fat that they have to get around by rolling. As a (6? 7?) year old I realized that wasn't actually practical, but at the same time I had a response that these days we'd summarize as "goals!" (fortunately the library in our small town had the kids books in the bottom row, all around the library, so that kids could browse on their own easily. We'd often just go hang out at the library for a while on cold winter days, as a way to get out of the house, and I'd find and read a book or two while there, and that was how I found and read this one. So nobody else knew I'd read it and I didn't have to deal with anyone else's disapproval or hide my reaction for them).

I don't know if you'd call a kid's book 'literature' but it was a book, not a cartoon.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Gosh yes! I think I've spoken about this on here before, some years ago, but I used to do the dictionary thing too. I always felt so naughty doing it as well, hah, even though I didn't know why it thrilled me so much, at the time.

I had this kids book... I forget the name, but it was about 3 anthropomorphic kittens and their adventures. The boy kitten was fat, and when the mother tried to dress him in his best clothes for church or something, the buttons popped off. Ah, I used to read that story over and over! There was another book where there was a throw away comment from one animal character to another about them being chubby, and I remember reading that scene over and over as well.

I should point out, I'm not a furry or anything, hah, I just had a lot of childhood books based on animals. I dunno if that is as common in different countries?

Anomaly

Obese. Chubby. Voluptuous. Plump. Bulging. Blob. Love handles. Fat rolls.
Portly. I quite like 'burly' as well, although it's a big vague as to whether it means big and fat or just big and muscular. Oh, and 'corpulence'.
Other kids were looking up 'penis'. If I found a different dictionary, I had to look up 'fat' in it to see how it defined it and if there were any new synonyms. The sexiest word has always just been 'fat' though. It just epitomises what it is and feels taboo because of what society thinks.
I had this kids book... I forget the name, but it was about 3 anthropomorphic kittens and their adventures. The boy kitten was fat, and when the mother tried to dress him in his best clothes for church or something, the buttons popped off. Ah, I used to read that story over and over!
I think that's one of the Beatrix Potter books.

Last edited:
Yes, I started looking up all of the fat related words in the dictionary as a child. Every time I learn a new language I still do that.

I also invent new words and expressions and I write gainer fiction.

Here is the list of words and phrases that I have created on Grommr. It needs updating:-

Benchbender: A guy who is so fat that park benches and other seat bend or groan beneath his weight.
Benchbreaker: A guy who is so enormously fat that park benches and other seat break or collapse beneath his weight.
Blubber-rubber: A guy who likes to play with his own or other guys' fat.
Fat man's crease (n. phr.): The crease in the skin and subcutaneous fat at the lower back of the head, which is typically developed by very fat men.
Fex: A monosyllabic abbreviation, which describes the best possible sex. It's a contraction of "fat sex" and refers to any sexual act, in which at least one of the participants is fat. It's far superior to other forms of sex, because there is more man to enjoy.
Girthday party (n. phr.): A celebration similar to a birthday party but marking a predetermined increase in girth rather than another year of age. Girthday parties can be used to celebrate each addition inch or centimeter of girth or a predetermine goal in girth or graduation to a new size in clothing.
Hot tub (n. ph.): a phrase describing an attractive, sexy, fat man.
Liebeskugel (n. fem): German for an attractive, large, well rounded protuberant belly.
Loveball (n): an attractive, large, well rounded and protuberant belly.
Pachyphile (n): Some one who loves fat and/or fat people.
Pachyphilia (n): The erotic or romantic love or admiration of fat or fat people.
Pachyphilic (adj): Given to or pertaining to the erotic or romantic love or admiration of fat or fat people.
Paunchographic (adj): Pertaining to images or literature relating to large bellies for the purpose of sexual gratification.
Paunchography (n): Images or literature relating to large bellies for the purpose of sexual gratification.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Although I never had the dictionary thing - only making sure I had a sufficient repertoire of fat terms in every new language I learned & sometimes enjoyed mentally comparing them - I was an almost obsessive "fat reader".

As a teenager, I regularly visited the local library just to go through the aisles and re-read the best "fat scenes" (few of them around anyway) in books I had already read (some of which I didn't even like).

Those I did like or loved, I mostly surely would buy to be able the re-read the scenes in the peace of my own room. "War and Peace" - the only piece of notable world literature featuring a BHM gaining weight over the course of 1000 pages - I own in 3 languages.

Latest posts