The Reality Of Dating An SSBBW

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

bdiazz

male 4 ssbbw in japan
Any man who is interested or wanted to date and married super size or bed bender ssbbw should all ready know what to expect. It's the size and those issues who attracted him in the first place. I wish to even meet a real bed bender ssbbw. Even too big to moved. That's where the word CARE becomes more important than ever. If any 650lb bed bender is out there still waiting to find her real man, am available.👣👣👣

Tattoocharlie

I’m going to be honest. When I first started dating ssbbw’s, I had no idea what I was doing or what was involved but I’ve learned over time. One of the many things I’ve learned is to pay attention to the little things when planning the dates. Make sure where you are going is fat friendly and is something she is gonna enjoy. I know I have a lot to learn still but I’m getting there.

bdiazz

male 4 ssbbw in japan
What about traveling abroad, like Amsterdam? I would like to date a 600lb ssbbw and go on vacation with her. So far, none of these gorgeous women are intended. What do U think?

Rob hudson

DM Supporter
What about traveling abroad, like Amsterdam? I would like to date a 600lb ssbbw and go on vacation with her. So far, none of these gorgeous women are intended. What do U think?
That's kind of a good question. Will they even let you on a plane at that size? Will you fit anywhere? Never investigated, because world travel has no interest for me. No matter where you visit, the residents want to leave lol.

Tattoocharlie

That's kind of a good question. Will they even let you on a plane at that size? Will you fit anywhere? Never investigated, because world travel has no interest for me. No matter where you visit, the residents want to leave lol.
I have a friend that is close to 500 and travels abroad. Usually has to buy 2 seats on the plane.

Orchid

I am homebound since years but when I still used to travel here in Europe there are no facilities no extras for fat folks. No mobility scooter at grocery shops. No seating to sit down comfortably. My last airplane travel I was not that big but just about fit the seat and the safety belt just closed at maximum. No comfort.

Rob hudson

DM Supporter
I am homebound since years but when I still used to travel here in Europe there are no facilities no extras for fat folks. No mobility scooter at grocery shops. No seating to sit down comfortably. My last airplane travel I was not that big but just about fit the seat and the safety belt just closed at maximum. No comfort.
You could get a wheelchair. How hard would that be, there?

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
With almost 400 lbs I am somehow okay with a single eco class seat - at least for mid-haul flights.
A second seat would be definitely much more comfortable (more leg-room and definitely more "belly-room" 😅) and most airlines offer special fares for an additional seat. It is usually not as much money as the published fare because some taxes and fees just apply once for the person flying (e.g. the security check is charged only once). Always worth contacting the airline for this.

Orchid

I was in a wheelchair for a time, but I got out of it with help of my then first cardiologist.

Reactions: Tad

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Are some countries more fat friendly than others?
For sure! I don't have a list, but generally:
- fatter countries tend to have become more fat friendly (at least at a functional level, not always attitudes)
- older countries have a lot of places and lifestyles that just are not very fat friendly. Areas that are great for walking (but expect everyone to walk a fair bit), narrow staircases, small restaurants with small tables and chairs packed in, fewer places to sit down, not as much car culture, and so on.

op user

With almost 400 lbs I am somehow okay with a single eco class seat - at least for mid-haul flights.
A second seat would be definitely much more comfortable (more leg-room and definitely more "belly-room" 😅) and most airlines offer special fares for an additional seat. It is usually not as much money as the published fare because some taxes and fees just apply once for the person flying (e.g. the security check is charged only once). Always worth contacting the airline for this.

D.A. I haven't had my second coffee yet so the following may not as elegant as your presence here (let alone your popularity). However it is aviation so I have to comment

An issue with the second seat is how the two seats are "linked" especially on the part where the arm rest doesn't go all the way up between the two seats (flash if you prefer) and sticks out between the seat backs. So if I see it right if a seat is just to "outflow" to the second seat it might be ok, it wouldn't be very comfortable for a person really needing two seats width wise. In this case the arm rest would be annoying but I guess this is for relative few cases of really large people.

And since I grew up and started flying in a period where airline food was more plentiful (in Europe until around 2000 the economy class meal was as good as the business class meal is today) a large belly might cause some issues with the table not coming all the way to horizontal if it is supported by a large belly. The solution here might be some schedule full service carriers (what they used to be called flag-carriers) like an airline with a white cross in Switzerland or another one with bases in Frankfurt and Munich with blue and yellow colours with a bird like sign on the tails) have the seats in front of the wings more spaced out so the seat table might have the chance to be horizontal.

Thanks for pointing out the zero taxes on the second seat - I didn't know about it.

Shotha

DM Supporter
D.A. I haven't had my second coffee yet so the following may not as elegant as your presence here (let alone your popularity). However it is aviation so I have to comment

An issue with the second seat is how the two seats are "linked" especially on the part where the arm rest doesn't go all the way up between the two seats (flash if you prefer) and sticks out between the seat backs. So if I see it right if a seat is just to "outflow" to the second seat it might be ok, it wouldn't be very comfortable for a person really needing two seats width wise. In this case the arm rest would be annoying but I guess this is for relative few cases of really large people.

And since I grew up and started flying in a period where airline food was more plentiful (in Europe until around 2000 the economy class meal was as good as the business class meal is today) a large belly might cause some issues with the table not coming all the way to horizontal if it is supported by a large belly. The solution here might be some schedule full service carriers (what they used to be called flag-carriers) like an airline with a white cross in Switzerland or another one with bases in Frankfurt and Munich with blue and yellow colours with a bird like sign on the tails) have the seats in front of the wings more spaced out so the seat table might have the chance to be horizontal.

Thanks for pointing out the zero taxes on the second seat - I didn't know about it.
I wish that the tables in KFC could be lifted up and down.

luckyfa

Reading through all these experiences how did everyone meet the significant other or ex? I have a hard time finding a ssbbw or even a bbw lol
I was lucky enough that my GF and later wife went up from 155 lbs when we first met to 285 lbs in 10 years without myself having to do anything to bring that weight gain about. Initially, I didn‘t even know I was a fat admirer.

luckyfa

fatter countries tend to have become more fat friendly (at least at a functional level, not always attitudes)
I’ve also noticed that there is difference between the functional level of fat-friendliness, as you phrased it, and attitudes towards fat people. But then, functionality depends on the degree of fatness. What works for a 250 lbs person might not for someone weighing 350 lbs or more.

Johnx

You are so right about the car. My husband owned a Camaro when we first met, his dream car. I was not SS at the time, but still very large. He immediately made plans for a larger car. Every car we have had or even considered since then, is with my size and accessbility in mind.
Even with our second car, the one he drives to work, has to fit me. And he has a long commute so we are very concerned with gas mileage, but he makes sure I can fit. He even took the old seats out of his old S-10 Blazer to put in a bench seat so that I could fit in it.
Our main car is a Chevy Caprice that is large and roomy. Still, he keeps talking about a Caprice wagon that he keeps seeing for sale. Like, hey babe, just think how roomy that would be.
And none of our cars are new. We can only afford used, but we get what we can.
The one car we did buy new in 1993 was a Ford Taurus that I really wanted. We told the sales guy we wanted to only look at ones that had a bench seat. Well, most didn't, and he kept showing them to us. Hubby is like, I SAID I want a bench seat. The guy is like, but why? and hubby turns and points to me and says, its for her, that's why. And the guy finally showed us the only one they had on the lot. We ended up buying it and I loved her for a long time. Eventually I did outgrow the car, but I LOVE my 1995 Caprice.
This one brings back memories. Thirty years ago I took my then 350 lb wife on a 3000 road trip in my Firebird (essentially the same car as a Camaro) for our honeymoon. By the end of trip she was really tired of how cramped that car was for her. We bought her a car with a split bench seat and used her car for all future trips. Her second car was Tahoe, also with a split bench seat. Gas mileage wasn't great but it was roomy.

Latest posts