What Are You Happy About Today? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVMountainrear

Poster formerly known as lovelylady78
After a lot of help and hard work this weekend, I can see the light at the end of my packing tunnel. I may actually be ready to move in a couple of weeks! :happy:

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
How did it go?
Thanks for asking. :) It was nice in that I got to see some friends we knew and made some new friends, too, which was fun. :)

It was just a one-night event, held at a pub. The second floor was supposed to be reserved just for bash attendees until 11:30 pm, and we had our own DJ and bar, etc., but the security at the venue ended up letting the public in starting at 9. By about 9:30, there were way more "mainstream" folks than bash attendees there, especially in the dancing room, one or two of them making rude comments to bash folks. Then around 10:30, the music was turned up so loudly that even in the other rooms on the floor (not even the one where the dancing was) you couldn't even converse, even when you were trying to yell. A bunch of us left around that time as a result.

Also, things weren't closed off in such a way that you had to walk past the organizer to get in, and she didn't even have a sign to say who she was or that you were supposed to buy tickets, so the majority of people just walked in without paying. Andrew and I had to ask around to find out who we were supposed to go to to get them. She ended up losing quite a bit of money out of her own pocket as only something like 40 people actually bought tickets.

Oh, and it was on the second floor - and there was no lift. I was able to navigate it fine (if slowly) but if anyone had been there who wasn't physically able to handle stairs they wouldn't have had to turn around and go home.

It won't be held at that venue again, obviously. Don't get me wrong - super glad we went as it was nice to make some new friends. :) Also, I REALLY REALLY appreciate anyone who takes the time and trouble to organize one of these events - I know it is NOT easy and it's quite thankless. I made a point to thank her quite a bit for all the work she put into it. Hoping next event will be a little different, though.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Hopefully she tries again--sounds like at the least it would have been a learning experience, albeit a fairly expensive one. Also too bad that it wasn't a better time for you and other attendees....if the organizer does give it another go, I hope people who attended this one will give her another chance, too.

After six years my wee mobile phone has decided to call it a day, which has had me getting all nerdy and excited over the prospect of a shiny new toy. After trawling reviews and disliking so many, I've finally found "the one" and am now all impatient for it to arrive.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
If you end up getting a serious phone, you should also get at least one "burner" as a back-up....

x0emnem0x

Words.
Thinking back about hanging out with Jon on Wednesday, makes me smile. Sure I still fancy him, but I realize it was a good time and I'm not as attached to him as I thought I'd be. We make good friends. Maybe more, but time will tell. He got out his gun and showed it to me, even took it apart and let me hold it and such, which was very fun, as I'd never held a real gun or been told anything about it, and he explained a lot, he is very smart. We also just enjoyed Netflix, and just spending time with someone who isn't trying to get their hands down your pants constantly, is actually really nice.

I'm just happy now thinking back on it because no matter what we are or what we become, I know I genuinely have one nice, close friend who I can hang out with here and there... at least that's what it is for now, lol.

Deacone

For Azeroth!
I went to the gym, got all my workouts done and dusted. I went dress shopping for my friend's wedding next week and I went for a dress I would never ever wear (simply because I love just wearing black...and jeans...and t-shirts). So my friend egged me on to try on this red dress...and well it looked fucking amazing on me. And I looked at the size and I had gone down 2 dress sizes since July. I'm chuffed :D

Yesterday I gave blood for the second time, and I've now booked my half sleeve tattoo for my right arm next thursday. It's been a good start of the month!

Deacone

For Azeroth!
John and I have been together for 4 years today. What an amazing 4 years that has been :D If I hadn't been with him - I wouldn't know all you lovely people today. x

Micara

Living and Learning
Leaving for Ireland in the wee hours of the morning, and then going over to England on Saturday for a week. SO EXCITED! And, well, nervous.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I just found out that my parents are coming for a long weekend visit in 3 weeks! Time to do the whole house scrub down!! :D I haven't seen them in over a year and i miss them terribly. If only i could move out to Chicago to be closer to them. (I'm a total mama's girl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts