What Are You Happy About Today? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
I just found out that my parents are coming for a long weekend visit in 3 weeks! Time to do the whole house scrub down!! :D I haven't seen them in over a year and i miss them terribly. If only i could move out to Chicago to be closer to them. (I'm a total mama's girl)
How wonderful for you :)

My c-section is officially scheduled for October 23rd at noon!:D
Oh I bet you are so very excited :) I know I am :)

I got this!
Too cute!

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
help! I can't get to this thread by clicking on
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59191

I get a blank screen. Can someone tell me what the problem is? I can access other threads but not this one. I went through the back door to post this. Could you PM me and give me a dose of truth?
Dear Ho Ho Tai,

1. Sorry I can't help you on the computer instructions. With my arch nemesis Window 8 controlling my system - there is nothing good you could learn from what my Frankencomputer does or doesn't do.

2. From my typewriter days, I would check my "a" key. It may be stuck. However, last time I tried to oil a sticky key - the result was a disaster. Prevention is the best approach to sticky keys. Only drink sugarless drinks when using the computer. A spritz of diet coke is easy to clean up than real coke or grapette.

3. I cannot believe your mailbox is open. Getting a note into your mailbox was similar to winning the Publisher's Sweepstakes.

4. One last suggestion (question) that I always have to ask. Mrs Ho Ho Tai didn't go shopping and you found the key to the liquor cabinet again?

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
My c-section is officially scheduled for October 23rd at noon!:D
Well, congrats young lady and Mr CAMellie . . . . you guys are in the home stretch. From what I have heard & read, the last month is the "easiest"!!!!! (Of course, I'm kidding - friends and family have told me what the last month is like. They also say all is forgiven and forgotten once the baby is born.)

View attachment thSWOT6LM4.jpg

Ho Ho Tai

M2M
I got it sorted out. It had something to do with page-blocking.

It would take two or three additional keyboards to handle all the cuss words I through at this thing. Part of the problem is the remnants of my ataxia. It has messed up all the patterned activities, such as walking and biking - and typing. I have had this computer for four years and my fingers don't always find the right keys. I have other problems with hand grip that throws me off when I make breakfast for me and the Mrs. A while back, I was fumbling some eggs out of the carton and dumped the whole thing on the floor. One egg was unbroken - I cooked it for Mrs Ho Ho's breakfast. The rest, I scooped off the floor with a spatula and made a sort of omelette for my now-wiser self.

Ah, life is good - anyway.

Ho Ho Tai

Dear Ho Ho Tai,

1. Sorry I can't help you on the computer instructions. With my arch nemesis Window 8 controlling my system - there is nothing good you could learn from what my Frankencomputer does or doesn't do.
4. One last suggestion (question) that I always have to ask. Mrs Ho Ho Tai didn't go shopping and you found the key to the liquor cabinet again?
M2M -
Even if I had found the key, Mrs Ho Ho hides it in a high cabinet (she is taller than I am) and with my instability, forbids me to use a ladder.

But even if I could reach the stuff (and you do know that the above is balderdash) alcohol hits the same areas of the brain which fail in ataxia. I learned this the hard way two years ago when a half-glass of wine nearly put me on the floor.

My continuing wishes are (if I am ever well):
1. Be a full partner to Mrs Ho Ho,
2. Ride my bicycle the way I could before I was 75,
3. Tipple a bit of wine or beer with friends and the missus.

But to tell you what makes me happy:
We live in a townhouse association. Our cul-de-sac has four houses facing our common driveway. We still have one original (from 1998) and we are the next oldest (2000). We have had turnovers in the other two houses but all of our neighbors have been exemplary. All is cordiality and mutual cooperation. We have each other's backs if any one of us is traveling.

I have lost my old friend, a former professor of radically liberal orientation (as am I). However, he moved not far away and we still get together to comment on what is wrong with the world.

One of our newer neighbors is as far right as I am left. Wasn't sure how we would handle that, but they have turned out to be sweethearts as well.
I'd copy in a recent e-mail exchange about traveling and taking care of a certain tomato plant. We put some fertilizer on it and shot a low-angle picture of it that made it look like it was crawling to their roof. It wasn't but good tomatoes anyway.

The first time I met my oldest neighbor was when I brought over a load when we were moving in. She was busy shoveling our driveway!

It has been rare to find good friends so close to home.

Victoria08

Just found out that a friend of mine is moving back to town next month. Very happy to have her back :)

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
I'm going on a cruise to the Bahamas this week:)

I've never been on a cruise, and had some concerns about cruising fat, but I'm going with a bunch of other folks that cruise all the time and many of them are substantial. And I swear I'm going to get my friends to take pictures in the rooms and bathrooms so people can really see how much space there is or isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts