What Are You Happy About Today? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTF

my cutie-pie fb broke his shoulder (well someone else broke it for him, it was a big hullabaloo) and no one could take him to the ER, so I volunteered, stayed with him the whole time. poor guy is in a lot of pain and feeling pretty helpless, and hes the type of guy who doesnt ask for help, ever.

he didnt ask for help (other friends asked me to take him), but i assumed the role as nurse and i know he's grateful. he didnt fight with me when i said i was staying over last night and he didnt fight when i said im coming back tonight.

i like being able to help. and the nurturer in me loves taking care of him. making sure he's comfy, taking his meds, eating and drinking. i got him coffee this morning, brushed his sexy long hair... tonight is shower night. *yes* :batting:

x0emnem0x

Words.
Life seems to be going pretty well for me. Work is still work. In February, I moved for the first time in my entire life, 22 years. I'm still with my mom. It's going great, and we love the apartment. Almost have school paid off, and hopefully going to be going back sooner than later. Still with my boyfriend (who was my ex, but we got back together) and it's been about 5 months and that is going well for the most part. I've since started taking generic Prozac about a month ago, for my depression and anxiety, and I think it is helping me. I've seen a big improvement in myself just with my thoughts and actions, but every dog has it's day of course. More often than not I am having empty thoughts rather than being zombie-esque, which a lot of people say have happened to them. My thoughts are more empty, as compared to being full of depressing and negative/worrisome thoughts, and that is a fantastic thing for me. I'm so thankful and happy and hoping things continue to get better. Just figured I would post an update on here since I haven't been on for quite a while and had some people asking about me. I'm alive! I feel alive too, for the first time in a long time.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Thanks for checking in :). Extra nice that it is with such good news!

How did it happen that you got back together with your ex.?

x0emnem0x

Words.
We basically just stayed friends the entire time we broke up so it was bound to happen. We were doing friends with benefits types of stuff and still talking all day everyday and were the only people we hang out with so one day after getting off the phone he texts me and says "I think I have feelings for you" and pretty much we've just been together again since. He's very emotionally repressed and slightly dealing with aspergers I believe, so he's not always sure what he feels especially relationship wise.

Deacone

For Azeroth!
I started spiro as the small step towards hormone replacement therapy.
I'm so happy for you! :) x

I booked my first session for my next sleeve tattoo today :) and also I booked in a test to see if I can donate platelets as well :)

Sensualbbwcurves

SensualFatGirlCurves
The BEST thing that happened to me Today was the fact that I have lived to see 40 years old, and I can still make some changes in my life.

Strech11

Happy that.. Hoodie weather is here!! Fall is the most amazing/unique time of the year! And the weathe feels so good!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Happy that it is finally election day up here -- that means no more political ads for at least a little while :) :) :)

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
I live in a third floor flat, meaning it's very difficult for me to get out now, due to two different medical conditions. So I've had my name down for four years on the waiting list of the housing association who I rent my flat from, for a ground floor level place. Well, I just found out that my name came to the top of the list and I've been offered a two bedroom (same as now) ground floor level flat, with my own front and back door into my own front and back gardens - in a really nice area. I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, I never expected to be offered a house where this one is. Just over the moon - scared too, as I get four weeks to move and work out how to afford it!

Ho Ho Tai

We celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary last May, but that is just a celebration of the legal formalities. Our REAL anniversary celebrates the day, 27 years ago, when we knew that she and I would be 'us' from that time forth. I think we believed it then, despite all the ways in which a relationship can go astray, and - Lo and Behold - it is as true today.

The proximity to the long weekend of Thanksgiving sometimes makes this awkward but also gives us more time to be thankful for all the things that drew us together and kept us together - a time to be thankful for each other.

We'll celebrate, of course, with the usual flowers and dinner, but, at my age (78), we'll have dessert first (and, maybe, last too). Ya never know. I think Ol' St. Pete would understand if I showed up at the Pearly Gates with meringue on my face.

Last edited:

Ho Ho Tai

It's amazing what you can find on google-image. Here's one that represents perfectly what this day means to Mrs Ho Ho and me. If it appeals to you, feel free to use it. It is also available as a tee shirt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.