What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

lille

Usually I feel like I need to get a lot done on my day off because I don't do a ton of housework during the week since I work such weird hours, but today I actually am able to relax and I don't feel guilty about it.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
My wife was released from the hospital today! She came through her back surgery with flying colors, and she told me this is the first time is months she has been without pain.

An added bonus: while I was waiting for her paperwork to be completed, I had lunch in the staff cafeteria, which was better than many restaurants I know. The staff was happily tucking in, and from the look of things, they don't miss many meals. One doesn't think of medical professionals being supersized (though of course they come in all sizes, like all mortals), but this cafeteria looked like the staging ground for the Miss BBW Universe contest! I don't believe I've ever seen so much beauty -- quantitatively and qualitatively -- in one place before. :smitten:

Tad

mostly harmless
Now I know what hospital I want to be taken to if I fall I'll in your neck of the woods!

And more importantly, glad that the surgery went well for your wife.

Tad

mostly harmless
Now I know what hospital I want to be taken to if I fall I'll in your neck of the woods!

And more importantly, glad that the surgery went well for your wife.

DianaSSBBW

Just about a month late. We finally got to celebrate Christmas today. My sister and niece are in town from Denver. It was such a beautiful, January day in Pennsylvania, that we actually had a cookout. I think our neighbors think we're crazy.

AmandaLynn

cake, lots & lots of cake
Just about a month late. We finally got to celebrate Christmas today. My sister and niece are in town from Denver. It was such a beautiful, January day in Pennsylvania, that we actually had a cookout. I think our neighbors think we're crazy.
It's never too late for Christmas.

The Christmas cookout is an amazing thing. My family did it for years back home weather permitting of course. :)

Tad

mostly harmless
Canadian Figure Skating Championships were in town, and wife and I got down to watch the long programs of the Men and the Pairs. Lots of depth in talent in both fields, we really enjoyed it -- but more importantly we hadn't really gone out to do something of substance on our own in ages, and it was really nice just for that part, too.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Canadian Figure Skating Championships were in town, and wife and I got down to watch the long programs of the Men and the Pairs. Lots of depth in talent in both fields, we really enjoyed it -- but more importantly we hadn't really gone out to do something of substance on our own in ages, and it was really nice just for that part, too.
That sounds awesome, both the figure skating and the spending time together! I'd like to go see figure skating someday. :happy:

Tad

mostly harmless
The UK championships seem to happen in the late Fall (November/December), and while I couldn’t quickly find where the next one will be held, the last several years have been held in Sheffield. Not sure if that is anywhere near you, but if it is you might want to look into the details for next Fall (granted that ice skating is not a huge sport in the UK, but at least that should make tickets easy to get).

Leem

Leem
Sounds like a great time with your spouse. It's always so important to spend quality time.

I am happy that I have been keeping up with my New Years resolution, I have been getting quality exercise about four times a week. It really makes me feel better in every aspect of my life and changes my outlook for the better.

DianaSSBBW

It's never too late for Christmas.

The Christmas cookout is an amazing thing. My family did it for years back home weather permitting of course. :)
Pennsylvania weather does not offer to many upper 50 and sunny days in January!

When I lived further south we used to spend Christmas week at the beach and did enjoy many cookouts.

AmandaLynn

cake, lots & lots of cake
Pennsylvania weather does not offer to many upper 50 and sunny days in January!

When I lived further south we used to spend Christmas week at the beach and did enjoy many cookouts.

New York weather either. I have to admit though, this being my first winter. It's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
That my son can completely crack me up. As a new parent that wasn't something I thought to hope for, but am I ever glad that it came to be. Laughing together is excellent :)
After hearing tidbits about your son for years, he does sound like the type that would crack you up. Haha.

And I'm happy because I got an interview out of nowhere, today, for a pretty good job. They emailed, requested a phone interview, and then it was done. I think I did a TERRIBLE job on the interview because I was stressed the fuck out from work and it was probably audible, but whatever...better than no interviews.

Tad

mostly harmless
Nice Melian -- you have a nice location right now, but the job sounds like it is not doing good things for you. I hope the interview was better than you think, but even if this doesn't pan out it shows that there is a market out there for someone like you (or they would not be calling out of the blue like that)

Group builder