What are you unhappy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
2 hr commute in. 1.5 hr late.

Xyantha is not happy, and will be asking to leave early to work from home or els i may not get home!&

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
There was a hydro explosion apparently. Brought one subway line down, killed both transfer stations, flooded the GO with people. And everything went to shuttlebus/streetcar.

Except they were full, and uber and taxis were insane so they were crawling all the way!!

Red rocket is the toronto transit euphamism (screw spelling today). It may not be a vibrator, but today I do feel f'ed over!!

Tad

mostly harmless
Oh wow, that is brutal! I hope the trip home is better. (of course, if this snow storm is supposed to be starting here shortly, I imagine it has probably been hitting TO for a while, so ... yah. Winter in Canada, yay!)

Or else, uh, let us know how comfy the carpet under your desk at work is? :blink:

bayone

I was lucky. My route was relatively unaffected, though the vehicles were more crowded than usual.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Yes - the commute home was fine. Now i am checking my email to see if I can work from home tomorrow.

I don't understand why some employers get all weird about it. You can track every keystroke I do, and I produce some tangible results on those days. So whats the problem? When I work from home I log in when i would have left for work...and when i would have gotten home. Meaning they get about. 1.5 to 2 hrs extra from me

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Ice storm last night. My car was coated in well over an 1/8 of an inch of ice. Had to hammer the door handle and pull like crazy to get the door open. Scraping was a joke on the windshield, I had to smash the ice then try and scrape. Ugh.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
God do I ever wish I wasn't born an FFA. Maybe then people would listen to my science and my advice and not just right it all off as me being biased. First proper 10/10 crying session in the new house, lovely.

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
In fairness, proving that fat guys reduce the effects of climate change was always going to be an uphill battle...

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
Really though, people who are hostile to new ideas will grasp on to anything to avoid considering them. If they didn't focus on you liking fat guys then they probably would've found some other bogus reason to dismiss you.
I hope it doesn't really make you wish you were different since it sounds like there was something wrong with THEIR thinking.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
But the methane emissions...:confused:
Fatter guys = more body heat = less need to burn fuels for heat. Therefore, fat guys = good for the environment. What do you think, is that a convincing enough argument for it? :p

Really though, people who are hostile to new ideas will grasp on to anything to avoid considering them. If they didn't focus on you liking fat guys then they probably would've found some other bogus reason to dismiss you.
I hope it doesn't really make you wish you were different since it sounds like there was something wrong with THEIR thinking.
You're right, I was upset and frustrated and in the light of day, I don't actually wish I was different. Aside from wishing I had more cake in my house. I am always wishing that.

tankyguy

"Trump defends size of his penis"
"Astronaut shrinks back to normal"
"Pope answers gang member's letter"
"Salma Hayek's dog death mystery solved"

This is the morning headline news, from the world's leading award-winning news organization, in 2016.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Aww feel better loopy!

I realized i have been so busy that i have been enjoying Dims stories without responding to the authors. That positive feedback is so nice to have. Ill have to devote an hour at some ppoint to rummaging through the latest stories to put the feedback i wanted up...