What are you unhappy about today?

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by FishCharming, Oct 5, 2010.

1. May 23, 2018 #4161

lille

lille

lille

I am so so sorry Loopy. Sending lots of warm fuzzy thoughts your way. Sounds like you did everything you could to prevent her from suffering. She was lucky to have you.

2. May 23, 2018 #4162

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

So sorry about your adorable Mistletoe, Loops.
    Odette- so sorry about the loss of your pup :(

3. May 23, 2018 #4163

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

So sorry, Loopy.

4. May 23, 2018 #4164

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Thanks everyone. I would have moved heaven and earth for that girl but in the end, there was nothing I could do to fix it. They are doing an autopsy today to try and understand exactly what went wrong. She had an intestinal blockage and fluid in the abdomen. I will let you all know the results in case it is something that might be preventable in someone else's pet.

ODFFA likes this.
  5. May 23, 2018 #4165

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Staff Member Library Mod

So sorry Loopy - it is so painful to see a beloved little four-legged family member suffer and then pass away.

6. May 23, 2018 #4166

Maize

Maize

Maize

I'm leaving for a big trip after work, and I have a TON of work to get done, but my brain just doesn't want to get in gear! I want to GOOOO!!!!!! I should know better than to plan to work on the day I'm starting a vacation.

7. May 24, 2018 #4167

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

I got Missy's autopsy results back today. Her intestines were thickened and blocked with a mass. Combined with her ovaries (which were abnormal, even for cystic ones) I'm pretty sure she had cancer. There wasn't anything anyone could have done.

Missy was pretty badly inbred - her parents were brother and sister - and I don't know if that made her more susceptible to such things. I knew she wouldn't live a full life and I'm lucky to have had her for as long as I did.

RIP Mistletoe

8. Jun 6, 2018 #4168

lille

lille

lille

Realized I was one sidedly trying to hold up a friendship. He didn't even bother to say congratulations when I got married.

9. Jun 11, 2018 #4169

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

After about...18 months of going literally non stop, with an average of 6 hours of sleep (or less) a night, I am feeling really burnt out. I've been working full time at my job (promotion is lined up), competing to get on the national team in dog sports (so close!), doing full school time (being an adult means you have no tolerance for BS), AND teaching part time to pay for the dog shit/perhaps line myself up to talk over the business in a decade (share, damnit!).

The sort where my brain almost gets micro REM while awake - I parked my car and was thinking about something. I kind of jerked my head up and ten minutes had passed. Not tired, not sleepy, just...zoned out. Or I am like "OH! remember to submit that form!" then it is GONE from my brain until I goldfish the memory.

If I can just hold out another...two months? I can at least take a break from school, and the competitions will die down a wee bit...

...but it makes it really hard to write a third year essay on closed systems in Africa, historical colonialism, and GDP vs GNP...

10. Jun 11, 2018 #4170

dwesterny

dwesterny

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump

I totally know this feeling the other day I woke up after only like 10 hours of sleep. I lay in bed for another two hours but couldn't sleep any more even though I really wanted to. I recommend crystal meth or coke to help with the alertness. Also congrats on the promotion and national dog team!

Or you could like, you know, get some sleep before you die in a fiery auto crash.

LeoGibson likes this.
  11. Jun 11, 2018 #4171

Pattie Vincent

Pattie Vincent

Pattie Vincent

Not really today but the other day. My order from a cosmetic company is missing. I don't know what's wrong with USPS.

12. Jun 15, 2018 #4172

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

I just found out that my old dog's daughter died today. She was very special to me, we were close with her owners and she was like another one of our own. Feeling like this makes me never want to own another pet.

13. Jun 16, 2018 #4173

lille

lille

lille

I am so sorry loopy.

14. Jun 16, 2018 #4174

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

Oh no :( You've had a few pet tragedies in a short space of time. Take care of yourself, Loops. We're thinking of you.

15. Jun 16, 2018 #4175

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Thanks guys. This leaves our boy, Freedom, as the last surviving one of Luna's puppies, the litter that were born on my 16th birthday. It seems like yesterday I was watching them be born and teaching them how to eat and now poof... only one of the 9 left.

16. Jun 16, 2018 #4176

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

So sorry :(

Are there any grandpups? Some of the joy is in the lineage too...watching Luna's personality and characteristics pop up in her pups.

(For non breeder folk i'm not being flippant; my breeder cries sometimes seeing her original dogs traits shine through, generations later, either physical or personality quirk).

17. Jun 16, 2018 #4177

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Yeah, there are two, Barney and Rosie, who lived with mummy Misty. Rosie doesn't seem to be fertile, but Barney has sired three litters so far, including our own little terror, Kiki. Kiki herself is being bred in the autumn of this year, so fingers crossed for great-great grandbabies.

I've been so lucky to be close to Misty and Barney and Rosie, and to get to see almost all of Barney's babies growing up. We run into them a lot, in shows, training classes and events and yeah, every single one of them reminds me of one of their relatives in some way. Kiki in particular is the image of Misty, but with Rosie/Sirius's coat. She looks and acts a lot like Luna as well, which is why we originally picked her.

As for the crying thing... I admit, I cried more than once seeing Kiki brushed up because she looked like Luna. And I cried the first time I saw Rosie at a show because she looks just like her Uncle Sirius, who died in our arms when he was 18 months old.

Xyantha Reborn likes this.
  18. Jun 27, 2018 #4178

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Last week I lost my trusty Blackberry Priv, with its slide out keyboard. I'm back to a basic Android phone and after a week .... I sure do miss the physical keyboard. I find I'm much less spot to attempt to make posts of any real substance because the writing process is so much more effort. I'm trying to get used to slide typing, but so far it is pretty exhausting because of how much focus i'm putting into it.

19. Jun 27, 2018 #4179

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I go manua keys on screen - slide is too hard, and i accept my atrocious typos =p

20. Jun 27, 2018 #4180

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

See? Man u al