Quantcast

What book are you reading right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Jigen

Just ended Luciano De Crescenzo, History of philosophy - Greek, Medieval, Modern and started Luciano Mecucci, An introduction to psychology.

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
We Should All be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichi.

Or you could catch the TED talk.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg3umXU_qWc[/ame]

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
I'm currently reading TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee for the first time since the end of high school/early college...we're talking about 30 years or so.

It's still a lovely book, a great read and I'd forgotten all about the extra characters (like Atticus' brother and sister, for instance) and incidents not seen in the movie.

Dennis

Jigen

Federico Chabot, Scritti sul Rinascimento (Writings on Renaissance)

Astarte

Sopivasti lihava
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman, Midnight Tides by Steven Erikson and TCP/IP-verkot by Kimmo Kaario.

Also Kiinan keisarin lentävä hevonen (The flying horse of the emperor of China) by Irja Rane which is one of my childhood favourites and I'm now reading it to my daughter.

Jigen

Just ended "The Medieval Archer" By Jim Bradbury. Starting "La concezione materialistica della storia" By Antonio Labriola.

Rojodi

What I want to read soon:

Last edited by a moderator:

Crumbling

Distilled Evil
The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin (translated by Ken Liu)

1967: Ye Wenjie witnesses Red Guards beat her father to death during China's Cultural Revolution. This singular event will shape not only the rest of her life but also the future of mankind.

Four decades later, Beijing police ask nanotech engineer Wang Miao to infiltrate a secretive cabal of scientists after a spate of inexplicable suicides. Wang's investigation will lead him to a mysterious online game and immerse him in a virtual world ruled by the intractable and unpredictable interaction of its three suns.

This is the Three-Body Problem and it is the key to everything: the key to the scientists' deaths, the key to a conspiracy that spans light-years and the key to the extinction-level threat humanity now faces.
The novel was nominated for a number of 'best novel' awards in 2014/15 and won the Hugo last year. It's been sitting in my 'to read' pile for a little while.

I'm really enjoying it.

ataraxia

The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin (translated by Ken Liu)

The novel was nominated for a number of 'best novel' awards in 2014/15 and won the Hugo last year. It's been sitting in my 'to read' pile for a little while.

I'm really enjoying it.
It is quite a book. Reminds me of Greg Egan.

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
I love the Alex Cross books written by James Patterson...just have read them periodically throughout the years and not in any particular order so I have decided to rectify that and start from the beginning....

James Patterson- Along Came a Spider

Latest posts