What Are You Happy About Today? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruffie

Gave my adopted daughter my Silver Tea set today and made her so happy she about cried. Along with that I sent chocolate chip pecan cookies so she and the kids could have a tea party. My grandson who is 5 called me at work to tell me I am the "Best cooker in all of PA" and then grand daughter who is 2 gets on the phone and tells me I am "the bestest cooker in the uniburse!" LOL Made my day!

I also found when cleaning up a couple of pictures of one of my best friends wedding day. It was a picture of her and her mom and dad and her mom has passed. She cried when I gave them to her and gave me such a big hug.

Linda

Just Chillaxin.
I am sooooo tired but I only have one hour left until I get to head to the scary part of town, to pick up my friend at the train station. :)

GTAFA

This thread seems to be about simple pleasures, appreciating life. Today I went to see a doctor, thinking that a lump i had might be a dangerous growth. I'd sat in the waiting room, afraid of the moment when my name would be called and i would go in to see the doctor.

But it's nothing more than normal stuff... I walked out of there an inch taller than i went in.

Relief.

succubus_dxb

Badonk. Adonk.
I officially GOT A JOBBBBBB. I haven't been this happy in a LONG time. And it just so happens to pay raaather well. yaaaay

Gingembre

radar detector
Although I am miserable at having a cough & a cold, the lemon & ginger tea I'm drinking is making me SO happy! :happy:

Astarte

Sopivasti lihava
We got the first snow last night! It's amazing how much more light there is in the world. And can't wait for the Christmas. :bounce:

Ruffie

My son stopped by work yesterday to give me his belated birthday present. A pair of 24 ct gold heart shaped earrings. They were beautiful. He was only two months late LOL but it not like I am and have to have my gift o the day.

Gingembre

radar detector
Remember, remember the 5th of November,
Gunpowder, treason & plot.
I see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

I am happy that it's Guy Fawkes' night - love me some fireworks (& parkin :eat2:)!

HAPPY GUY FAWKES Y'ALL! Penny for the guy?! :D

For those who have no idea what i'm on about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
I'm happy that I've been doing really good saving money for Christmas. In a couple weeks I should have a pretty decent amount where I'll only have to make one trip to Toys R Us and buy a whole bunch of stuff instead of buying a few things here and there. I'm also happy that I found the Tony Hawk skateboard my son has been coveting for months for a really great price! :D

Astarte

Sopivasti lihava
It's snowing! It's snowing! :bounce::bounce::bounce:
Did I mention that it's snowing? :smitten::smitten:

I kinda like snow...

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
So Jealous:)
Me too! I can't wait for snow. We have a big backyard and the best thing ever is the first day of new fallen snow, when the whole backyard is untouched, covered in a smooth expanse of snow ~ it looks so beautiful. Then we dive in and make a huge mess and build snowmen and have a snowball fight. So much fun. I can't WAIT for snow.

ladle

Back on Top
TONIGHT I am off to watch Rhys Darby Live!!! Yay.
For those who do not know him, he plays Murray on Flight of the Conchords. VERY FUNNY KIWI! Go look him up on You Tube.
Very high expectations!

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
Today I am happy for two simple things:
1, Friday is movie night for me and my son and we're ordering pizza because I've cooked big meals all week and I really need a break from the kitchen. The part that makes him happy is he's allowed to have soda on Friday.

2. I think other parents can relate to this one - I am super happy beyond thrilled that I found three things my son really wants for Christmas at a very very good price last night after surfing the net for three straight hours. A Bakugan comforter and sheet set for only 42 bucks(plus free shipping!), where everywhere else it's anywhere from 50+ on Amazon and WalMart or *gasp :eek:* over 100 on eBay, and a Bakugan lunchbox for only 12.99 (plus free shipping!) compared to 15-20 not including shipping on eBay. *Yay!* for comparison shopping and saving money!

Inhibited

Me too! I can't wait for snow. We have a big backyard and the best thing ever is the first day of new fallen snow, when the whole backyard is untouched, covered in a smooth expanse of snow ~ it looks so beautiful. Then we dive in and make a huge mess and build snowmen and have a snowball fight. So much fun. I can't WAIT for snow.
I've never seen snow:(

Astarte

Sopivasti lihava
I've never seen snow:(
Oh man, that's just sad. :(

If you ever happen to come to Finland, I'd be more than happy to introduce you to this wonderful element. :)

(ETA: I just took the dog out for walkies and there's at least two inches of snow already and more's on the way. Yay!)

OneWickedAngel

Untamed Woman...
Had an awesome up close view of the Yankees celebration from the steps of City Hall!
:happy: :happy: :happy:

Ruffie

Snow is melting here YAY. Not that we won't get more soon! But hoping it melts enough I can rake a few leaves off the lawn and finish the cleanup of the yard before it snows again. Snow before Halloween was too early!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts