Caronavirus

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

op user

Someone said that thanks to the internet, it is the best period in human history to be in an isolation.

Just a short comment for now; we are free to move around but for specific reasons (food and supplies, help people in need exercise, visit a doctor/pharmacy). This is controlled via an sms sent and an automated response sent back or a formal document. This morning I was checked by the police and they wanted me to put the document and my ID card inside the car behind the window.

Corey

Corey
How are you doing? Were you able to get tested?
I’m much better! You are so nice for asking me. I was rejected any type of testing, even though my antibiotics did not help, and even after sharing that I was getting worse. The only thing my doctor did was call in more antibiotics...which also did not help. I stayed in bed and wasn’t able to do anything. After about 10-12 days, I finally felt some relief. I’m so thankful that no one else in my family caught my germs.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I’m much better! You are so nice for asking me. I was rejected any type of testing, even though my antibiotics did not help, and even after sharing that I was getting worse. The only thing my doctor did was call in more antibiotics...which also did not help. I stayed in bed and wasn’t able to do anything. After about 10-12 days, I finally felt some relief. I’m so thankful that no one else in my family caught my germs.
I'm glad that you'r starting to feel better.

Metallicalover99

My work is temporarily closed and my campus has been shut down (online only). I am grateful for people who are essential workers that risk their lives each and every day. I am also grateful I am able to practice social distancing. I do however miss everyone, even down to my annoying co-worker who complains too much.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Immunosuppressed, very high risk person, beginning my 4th week of “shelter at home” quarantine. Ordering groceries and getting mail and boxes is a crazy have to get rid of packaging and sanatize everything. There are YouTube videos, it is a long process. My hands are chapped from all the hand washing. I ran out of Cheetos, and I have no energy for a delivery.

up side is I got to watch Tiger King, Carol killed her husband, Fight Me!

stevita

like the pancake
My work is temporarily closed and my campus has been shut down (online only). I am grateful for people who are essential workers that risk their lives each and every day. I am also grateful I am able to practice social distancing. I do however miss everyone, even down to my annoying co-worker who complains too much.
Thanks for the shout out!

My primary job has been shut down as well, but my secondary job with a temping agency is still running and most of our shifts that we can pick up now are serving lunch and dinner at retirement homes. For lunch we are prepackaging food so that the residents can take it back to their apartments and eat it there, and for dinner we are delivering directly to the apartments so that the residents don't even have to leave the safety of their homes. The folks in the community are of course frustrated not to be able to move about as they would like and sit down in the dining room to eat in comfort, but they are really sweet and have been really appreciative of the extra steps we have been taking to ensure the safety of their food. Shifts are hard to come by, as the company has a lot of employees and we are all scrambling for work, but when I can work it feels really good to be doing what I can for the elderly population.

Corey

Corey
Immunosuppressed, very high risk person, beginning my 4th week of “shelter at home” quarantine. Ordering groceries and getting mail and boxes is a crazy have to get rid of packaging and sanatize everything. There are YouTube videos, it is a long process. My hands are chapped from all the hand washing. I ran out of Cheetos, and I have no energy for a delivery.

up side is I got to watch Tiger King, Carol killed her husband, Fight Me!
I can’t even imagine. I’m sorry you’re stuck at home (and without Cheetos!) and wish people took this seriously instead of only thinking about themselves when out in public NOT social distancing. It makes me sad that people are not thinking about situations such as yours. ☹ I hope you find the energy to get yourself those Cheetos. Are you doing alright otherwise?

And Carol for sure killed her husband! That crazy wench.

Metallicalover99

That sounds incredibly difficult!! I hope you are staying as safe as you can be in that situation. I am glad that you are getting kindness in return for the most part.

Thanks for the shout out!

My primary job has been shut down as well, but my secondary job with a temping agency is still running and most of our shifts that we can pick up now are serving lunch and dinner at retirement homes. For lunch we are prepackaging food so that the residents can take it back to their apartments and eat it there, and for dinner we are delivering directly to the apartments so that the residents don't even have to leave the safety of their homes. The folks in the community are of course frustrated not to be able to move about as they would like and sit down in the dining room to eat in comfort, but they are really sweet and have been really appreciative of the extra steps we have been taking to ensure the safety of their food. Shifts are hard to come by, as the company has a lot of employees and we are all scrambling for work, but when I can work it feels really good to be doing what I can for the elderly population.

Latest posts