What does DIMs and the BHM/FFA Board Mean to you?

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by BLUEeyedBanshee, May 3, 2008.

1. Jul 24, 2008 #41

FFAKAT

FFAKAT

FFAKAT

Dimensions had been a great place to see the many levels of FFA's and how to recognize or not, them in real life.

I haven't met a REAL one in real life yet, except me!!!

Great place to meet SSBHM's that have a selfesteem(hopefully)

Hopefully not everyone on this board is just all talk and no acton!

2. Aug 19, 2008 #42

Uncle Squid

Uncle Squid

Uncle Squid

I'm hoping to hook up. I won't lie.

Sugar Magnolia likes this.
  3. Aug 24, 2008 #43

BeerMe

BeerMe

BeerMe

Although I had already become the "big" kid by the time I was 8, it wasn't until puberty that I was interested in weight gain and being a SSBHM. So with a newly blossomed mind (and a 56k modem), I scoured the internet for people who felt the same way--I always knew I couldn't be the only one. The websites back then were all gay-exclusive, with not a singe FFA in sight.

After a LONG search, this was the first website I found for BHMs and female admirers (way back when it had a really crappy message board layout). At first I was just browsing what seemed to be a BBW site until I saw the "BHM/FFA" message board. I had always been somewhat shy about my interests, and while I found other distractions for years, I've decided I finally need to accept myself for who I am and join a community that supports that.

So here I am, and even though it took until just recently to start posting, I am deeply grateful to what the BHM/FFA forum has done for me. =)

Oh, and hooking up would be nice too =P

4. Aug 24, 2008 #44

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

But you live so damn far away from me. :p

5. Sep 2, 2008 #45

hossbabyjr

hossbabyjr

hossbabyjr

big inked teddy bear

i've only been with the site for a short while, but it has done more to help me feel comfortable with myself and my size than just sitting around and talking about it with my friends.

i've always been the big guy, the teddy bear, and it's been fun to know that sometimes my female friends want to hang out because they know i'm pretty much a super-sized body pillow. but in being on this site, i've realized that what i want in life is to be with someone who appreciates me for me and likes the fact that i'm a big guy, because nothing is going to change.

so, in closing, i would just like to say thank you to all of you here on DIMs and on this board for helping me realize that i can always just be me.

6. Sep 2, 2008 #46

JiminOR

JiminOR

JiminOR

Huh huh, it says member

I met my sweetie on here, and life has gotten about a million times better, and as mindboggling as it is, she really really digs me. I never would have met her if it weren't for DIMS. Thanks easter bunny, bawk bawk.

7. Sep 3, 2008 #47

MetalGirl

MetalGirl

MetalGirl

Wonk of Words

If it weren't for DIMs my honey wouldn't of found me. I don't think that bunny's the easter bunny or the cadbury bunny. What's coming out of that bunny, isn't chocolate. And of course I dig you dear, you're totally hawt. Yes, let the deliberate incorrect spelling mock you. *giggles*

8. Sep 8, 2008 #48

Archangel_257

Archangel_257

Archangel_257

this website means that not only do I like myself for me but there are others out there who might too. I just wish there was someone who was tangible, not that I dont appreciate all you internet awesomes...

9. Sep 8, 2008 #49

IndyGal

IndyGal

IndyGal

more pasta, please

I just found Dims yesterday (thanks to a great book I was reading - this site was listed as a reference) and I already feel better about myself. Knowing that I'm not alone as a BHM/FFA and being a BBW. It's great and I have been enjoying reading the many posts.

samuraiscott, imfree and JiminOR like this.
  10. Sep 9, 2008 #50

Fowvay

Fowvay

Fowvay

I've lurked here on and off for years but finally joined just a few days ago myself. Finally felt compelled to join in the fun. I've been a BHM all my life and never really had a problem finding a date. I've always been super confident about myself but after a mess divorce I lost that confidence and am rediscovering it nicely here.

Thanks Dims. You ROCK!!! :)

11. Sep 9, 2008 #51

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Just curious, what book was that?

And by the way, welcome :)

12. Sep 10, 2008 #52

IndyGal

IndyGal

IndyGal

more pasta, please

It was "Fat Chicks Rule!" by Lara Frater. It's a very good book - and a quick read for being nonfiction.

13. Sep 13, 2008 #53

Morbid

Morbid

Morbid

well i was reading everyones answers and stuff and I have come to realize what Dimchat, forums and the bhm/ffa section means to me... at first i didnt like myself.. my size or anything but I have come to learn to like myself.. Hell i've even posted pics I thought I wouldnt ever post...

Im just glad there are women who like big guys... cause everyone needs to find love or just that special someone to just touch the heart and soul of a person...

Thank you ladies for letting me and my fellow big men know we are sexy and can be loved...

later,

Morbid

14. Sep 15, 2008 #54

iheartsquishys

iheartsquishys

iheartsquishys

First, Squid and theguy, hilarious answers. Both made me laugh out loud.

For me, it means a place to express myself without the usual 20 minutes of explanation and mis belief. If I "see" a hot guy on here and give him a compliment he just thanks me. If I tell one of the other FFA's on here that I think so and so is cute, she agrees and says "yea, his belly is amazing." and not: "What the hell? He's fat!"

It is a place for me to find images and representations of my world. If I want to see a picture of a cute guy (probably how I found the boards in the first place :)) and make up a little story in my head of us cuddling on the couch I can find that picture here. If I want to read a nice romantic story about can find it here. If I want to see a cute comic about a woman tripping over herself while staring at a guy, RV always has one. Not that I can't find that somewhere else but the boys look all wrong in mainstream media etc. The books describe feeling his hard chest instead of his moobs and the comics would have some icky abs instead of a big round belly.

I like the guys' perspective too. I'm not the most socially coordinated person so being able to talk about my awkward interactions with hotties and get feedback is great. It makes me more confident when I do approach guys. Or at least some comfort in knowing other girls get nervous around the fatties. :blush:

15. Sep 18, 2008 #55

Molly

Molly

Molly

Dims has meant that I can express what I love about men freely. I know I am not alone. I LOVE reading in the library (because honestly, where do girls like us get to read romantic stories that relate to men we actually adore?)
    And the library gives me a place to be creative, even if I am really amateur.

*Hands up if Dims Library has ever made you hot!* (Just finished reading some of Undine's "In Her Chair" btw... So Hot!)

Its awesome here.

Dimensions has even helped me admit to my partner what I really like. And that is huge for me. It's nice to know you guys and gals exist.

16. Sep 18, 2008 #56

viracocha

viracocha

viracocha

Hot like sauce

So true, Molly. So true...

Dims is a terrific network of admirers and admirees alike that is unlike any other. It is an interactive and personal support for acceptance-- whether for your own body, another's body, or sexual preferences. This is the platform for discourse about size acceptance and tolerance. ;P

17. Oct 9, 2008 #57

Masu

Masu

Masu

Sorry my bad english, but i have to try say these things and they are very difficult to make to words, but..

Dimension means to me, that i can enjoy my FFA-side. Well, i enjoy it because of my boyfriend too, but this forum makes me feel normal. Absolutely normal.

I dont know, what to else say.

Hmm.. My boyfriend is making wonderful meal now.. I just can`t wait :D!

fat hiker likes this.
  18. Oct 25, 2008 #58

kinkykitten

kinkykitten

kinkykitten

FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

Not been here long, but really loving it so far :)

Obviously my love for bigger men brings me here and being a FFA and Feeder, but also it's a place where i don't feel in such a minority or my preferences are frowned upon.

I also believe in giving credit where it is due and making the not so confident guys amongst us feel more comfortable with what they have and that there are women out there that find them desirable!

19. Oct 26, 2008 #59

orinoco

orinoco

orinoco

the porcine peter pan

it means somewhere for me to be an exhibitionist without ppl going "ewwwww" :D

oh and it breaks up the boring monotony of existence :p

ooo ooo plus there r gorgeous ladies with smarts too :wubu::wubu:

20. Oct 27, 2008 #60

FaxMachine1234

FaxMachine1234

FaxMachine1234

you know it

I like Dims because it's a great understanding community, and as for this board...y'know, I don't know why I don't post on this board more often. I think I just thrive on survey-based threads, and they aren't many here. Still, I like that this place is around. :)